PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR is getting rediculous!

Sharad
07-01-2007, 09:58 PM
NASCAR is getting rediculous! Why not call it the "Chevy Cup"? Chevy is just flat walking away with the season! Apparently NASCAR is not even REMOTELY concerned about "parity" like NHRA, NMRA, and every other racing sanctioning body...

EIGHT of the top ten cars today were Chevys. Guess where they finished? First through eighth. Lucky race? Chevy has EIGHT of the top ten in points. By the Grace of God (and some consistency) the only other two are Fords.

This is pathetic. Wake up NASCAR... it is not a fair fight!

Maximus
07-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Its all Ghey now anyway:HYF:

dedpedal
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I cant stand the new way of determining the top ten for the season. It is more like top ten for the end of the season, but only the best 10 from the firsst part of the season get to participate in the points for the last part of the season. Does it sound like Im rambling? Mabbe it was because of my Trouser Cheese Bunt Cake I was making today. im glad it wasnt hot out.

WhiteT
07-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Its all Ghey now anyway:HYF:

x2. It's like a freaking soap opera now.

dedpedal
07-01-2007, 10:46 PM
x2. It's like a freaking soap opera now. And what do you know? You got a goofy name anyways.:cool1:

Blacksunshine
07-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I agree,it sucks. NHRA all the way. But it has it's goofy moments also. But at least they pull wheelies!!

Gene
07-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I haven't watched a single Cup race since Daytona.

The best racing that's been on TV this season so far has been Formula One. It's been some of the best racing I've ever seen (and by far the best F1 since the Senna/Prost days in the late 80s)...today's French GP was awesome to watch.

WhiteT
07-01-2007, 11:02 PM
And what do you know? You got a goofy name anyways.:cool1:

I guess that is supposed to be something against me??

duh, nevermind, I see what you are talking about:lol:

dedpedal
07-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I guess that is supposed to be something against me??

duh, nevermind, I see what you are talking about:lol:

In my favorite Cracker voice "BWHHHAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAHHHAAAAA"
Thank god SOMEONE got it.:cool1:

PonymanfiveO
07-02-2007, 03:24 AM
damn Kevins...

02mingryGT
07-02-2007, 07:23 AM
I haven't watched a single Cup race since Daytona.

The best racing that's been on TV this season so far has been Formula One. It's been some of the best racing I've ever seen (and by far the best F1 since the Senna/Prost days in the late 80s)...today's French GP was awesome to watch.

Formula One has more technically advanced cars but is a parade lap race. Juan Montoya said as much in an interview last week. But that's just my opinion.

Chevy doesn't have an advantage in the car of tomorrow except for the drivers and teams. The cars are the same. The Chevy teams have those cars figured out much better than the Ford or Dodge guys. Edwards and Newman had issues in the pits and it cost both of them top ten finishes.

mach_u
07-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Going around in circles for lap after lap in cookie cutter cars - I'll pass! I have tried several times to get into Nascar, I just can't bring myself to do it. The only thing interesting are the wrecks...

Black Horse
07-02-2007, 08:08 AM
How can you tell its a Chevy - what makes it any different than the Ford/Toyota/Dodge? Car of the Future? Reminds me of one big IROC race except each team can have their engine built (to a very rigid set of rules). Face it - the bodies are the same, its only paint and stickers now.
Its all about the $.

I'm bored with it, I think I'll go hang out at Florence or Lawrenceburg.

Jeff88coupe
07-02-2007, 08:25 AM
The only thing ford/chevy/dodge/toyota on those cars anymore is the sticker on the front end.

08 Vette
07-02-2007, 08:45 AM
I stopped watching after #3 passed away! It's been going down hill ever since then!

Gene
07-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Formula One has more technically advanced cars but is a parade lap race. Juan Montoya said as much in an interview last week. But that's just my opinion.

You haven't watched it this season then. Normally I would agree with you, but this season the racing has been fantastic. Alonso and Heidfeld had a dual for about 20 laps yesterday where they were passing each other multiple times per lap, and this new kid Lewis Hamilton is amazing...the next Senna. Unbelievable racing, and the coverage on Fox is great. Watch the British GP at Silverstone next Sunday...it'll be worth it.

BigBadStang
07-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Chevy doesn't have an advantage in the car of tomorrow except for the drivers and teams. The cars are the same. The Chevy teams have those cars figured out much better than the Ford or Dodge guys. Edwards and Newman had issues in the pits and it cost both of them top ten finishes.

yes the body is the same, but the nose panels are different by make, and chevrolet has a new engine this year. i know the setup has everything to do with getting through the turns, but when one brand of car outruns another on the straits, it an obvious advantage.
what pisses me off the most about is, that if it were ford, dodge or hell, even toyota dominating like the chevys have, CRAPCAR would have made changes long ago to make the little bowties happy. they cry the most when the loose, and CRAPCAR tailors the races to them. anyone remember back in the late 80's-early 90's? if ford won more than 2 races in a row, CRAPCAR would make ford raise the roof and the spoiler and air dams, while allowing the GM's (used to be pontiacs and buicks along with chevy) to lower theirs, then CRAPCAR allowed GM's to win the next 6 races before giving ford back some of what they took away.
it all comes down to what's good for chevy is good for CRAPCAR.
i follow it on the web, but i refuse to waste ANY of my time watching this chevy parade!
i can get the same kind of bias reading "car craft" or "hot rod" magazines.
i do think it would be cool if other classes of racing would do the F1 start!
that is cool as hell! fuck a pace start...go from a dead dig!! get going or get ran over!

qwk93ta
07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I thought the race was pretty interesting....Gordon tries to run down Hamlin and on the last turn of the last lap Hamlin gets loose,Gordon almost passes him. I'd like to have seen a few Fords up front, but the actual racing is better this year.

cstreu1026
07-02-2007, 12:02 PM
F1 start and real cars that someone can actually buy at a dealer (the way it use to be). Now that would be interesting.

BigBadStang
07-02-2007, 12:09 PM
F1 start and real cars that someone can actually buy at a dealer (the way it use to be). Now that would be interesting.

at least a car that LOOKED like one you could buy!
these stupid COT's look like the trucks in the truck series with shorter deck lids. they should name them rancheros, and el caminos...lol.

aangel
07-02-2007, 02:28 PM
And to think we use to be DIE HARD NASCAR fans... you're right it's nothing more than a soap opera... We use to have the weekly pools and everything... luck of the draw, pull a driver and if he wins you walk with the pot--anywhere from $50 - $100 depending on how many peeps play... That was back in 2004, haven't really sat down to watch a race since then.

So, is it just me or does anyone else think Theresa Earnhardt wants out or will go down fast now that Jr. is gone? Good for him. I hear she's a real be-atch...just not the same since Sr. died.

My bro-in-law races top fuel dragsters, it's so much more exciting to watch... That and watching my sister out there helping him get lined up, filling his nitrous bottles, (just helping him pull off a win), etc. is pretty cool too!

NASCAR blows.

aangel
07-02-2007, 02:37 PM
at least a car that LOOKED like one you could buy!
these stupid COT's look like the trucks in the truck series with shorter deck lids. they should name them rancheros, and el caminos...lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: My Dad tought me how to drive in a 'ol Ford Ranchero! Ugly dam car / truck thingy it was!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had some asshole over here on the East side on 32 one morning on my ass in one of those tricked out Toyota race trucks...Electric blue and low rider. Not my fault a semi merged on from 275 and I had to get out of the way! chill the f' out buddy! He couldn't get past the semi on the right....when he did he cut me off and totally braked checked my ass in the left lane right in front of all the fast food joints. That's okay... I didn't let up I was ready to slam into his ass end... I didn't give a f'k. I was STEAMING! :mad:

DUMB ASS! My '94 Nissan Quest van that's worth $2,500 and it's paid for or your 2007 Toyota ricer race truck that I could only imagine how much it cost... and probably only made a couple payments on. I swear, I was going to nail his ass going about 60. I think he realized I was a crazy be-atch right about then and I wasn't playing around, I loosened up my neck and back muscles and was ready for impact..., het let up off the brake check right before I slammed into his ass. Smart ass little young prick.

What in the F*&K!!!!!!! I bet he thinks twice before break checking another mini-van momma... I have NO tolerance for that kind of ignorant shit. That's the kind of games that gets people killed.

Sharad
07-02-2007, 07:18 PM
How can you tell its a Chevy - what makes it any different than the Ford/Toyota/Dodge? Car of the Future? Reminds me of one big IROC race except each team can have their engine built (to a very rigid set of rules). Face it - the bodies are the same, its only paint and stickers now.
Its all about the $.

The motors are different. That new chevy motor is a bad mofo!! (and by the way, they only use the COTS on certain tracks... Chevy is cleaning house EVERYWHERE)

You haven't watched it this season then. Normally I would agree with you, but this season the racing has been fantastic. Alonso and Heidfeld had a dual for about 20 laps yesterday where they were passing each other multiple times per lap, and this new kid Lewis Hamilton is amazing...the next Senna. Unbelievable racing, and the coverage on Fox is great. Watch the British GP at Silverstone next Sunday...it'll be worth it.

Hamilton is a BAD MOFO! I love watching him race.

yes the body is the same, but the nose panels are different by make, and chevrolet has a new engine this year. i know the setup has everything to do with getting through the turns, but when one brand of car outruns another on the straits, it an obvious advantage.
what pisses me off the most about is, that if it were ford, dodge or hell, even toyota dominating like the chevys have, CRAPCAR would have made changes long ago to make the little bowties happy. they cry the most when the loose, and CRAPCAR tailors the races to them. anyone remember back in the late 80's-early 90's? if ford won more than 2 races in a row, CRAPCAR would make ford raise the roof and the spoiler and air dams, while allowing the GM's (used to be pontiacs and buicks along with chevy) to lower theirs, then CRAPCAR allowed GM's to win the next 6 races before giving ford back some of what they took away.
it all comes down to what's good for chevy is good for CRAPCAR.
i follow it on the web, but i refuse to waste ANY of my time watching this chevy parade!
i can get the same kind of bias reading "car craft" or "hot rod" magazines.
i do think it would be cool if other classes of racing would do the F1 start!
that is cool as hell! fuck a pace start...go from a dead dig!! get going or get ran over!

I agree with everything you said, especially about the chevy crapcar lovefest.

Agree 100%.

mustang8998
07-02-2007, 07:48 PM
My bro-in-law races top fuel dragsters, it's so much more exciting to watch... That and watching my sister out there helping him get lined up, filling his nitrous bottles, (just helping him pull off a win), etc. is pretty cool too!

NASCAR blows.

Who is your Brother-inlaw?

And I think you meant Top Dragster. Top Fuel, doesn't use NO2. ;)

I still watch the races, but not like I used to. I'd still like to acually attend a race.

2-8-1
07-02-2007, 11:17 PM
someday, everyone will learn that in NASCAR rules are worthless and only the unpopular are penalized.

It is the biggest joke that I have ever watched. It is NOTHING like the house that Petty built of years gone by. Now it is dominated by whiney-ass widows and the almighty DEI/Bowtie.

And to think we use to be DIE HARD NASCAR fans... you're right it's nothing more than a soap opera...

Yes, my grandparents got so upset when Jr decided to go with hendricks(sp). Its all a huge soap-opera, not unlike professional wrestling.

'92Stang
07-02-2007, 11:28 PM
It is the biggest joke that I have ever watched. It is NOTHING like the house that Petty built of years gone by. Now it is dominated by whiney-ass widows and the almighty DEI/Bowtie.

Yes, my grandparents got so upset when Jr decided to go with hendricks(sp). Its all a huge soap-opera, not unlike professional wrestling.[/QUOTE]

HIS OL' MAN IS PROBABLY ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE!!

aangel
07-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Who is your Brother-inlaw?

And I think you meant Top Dragster. Top Fuel, doesn't use NO2. ;)

You're right (I'm a dumb ass). Top Dragster. Jerry Adkins, he owns a auto / truck repair in Bethel. He goes to Norwolk mostly. I don't think he was into it this year b/c they just bought a house... I don't know how my sister has handled it for ten years...all that money he pours into that dragster is absurd. :confused: but if you got it and can do it, more power to him!

02mingryGT
07-03-2007, 07:19 AM

I will Gene. I haven't watched this year so I'll give it a shot.

Sharad
07-03-2007, 08:49 AM

actually dominated by the almighty HENDRICKS/Bowtie.

IWRBB
07-03-2007, 10:32 AM
F1 has been pretty damn good this year. Way more passing and tight racing.

Wait'll next year though, having no TC is going to seriously change things. The traction control comes on dozens of time per lap currently.

2-8-1
07-05-2007, 12:23 AM
HIS OL' MAN IS PROBABLY ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE!!

I never liked The Intimidator as he was known, and I did not like what NASCAR let him get away with.

That said, he did make a name for the races where Petty left off, and I agree that this is NOT what the man had in mind when he built DEI.

That also being said, you guys don't know how bad I wanted to see Junior go to Roush....

LOL

BigBadStang
07-05-2007, 09:08 AM
I never liked The Intimidator as he was known, and I did not like what NASCAR let him get away with.

That said, he did make a name for the races where Petty left off, and I agree that this is NOT what the man had in mind when he built DEI.

That also being said, you guys don't know how bad I wanted to see Junior go to Roush....

LOL

ha ha ha...i was wishing it too!
just to piss off all his fans!

i really dont have a problem with jr as a driver, it's just that most of his fans are "ate up with the dumbass".
they act as if everyone should move over andlet him win, and how dare nascar fine him...blah...blah...blah.
now if DEI will just keep the number 8!
if i were DEI, it would be a cold day in hell before i gave Crook Hendrick anything he wanted!
just think about all jr's redneck fans with "8" tatooed on themselves or "8" painted on their car...:lol:

untamed
07-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I know a few people with the "8" tatoo. I think it is funny. Now what are they gonna do? It's not like you can erase part of to to become a "5". It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.:D

Sharad
07-07-2007, 11:37 PM
wow. Ford won one... and at Daytona of all places!

89notch
07-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Just got back from the race and a ford one for a change

BigBadStang
07-07-2007, 11:54 PM
yeah!
a strong run for all of Jacks crews!
all 5 in the top 12.
and 4 of 5 in the top 10!

qwk93ta
07-08-2007, 02:08 PM
It was a great finish.....

mustang8998
07-30-2007, 09:30 PM
I still watch the races, but not like I used to. I'd still like to acually attend a race.

Well, I got to go, to the Brickyard 400. I had a blast, needless to say. I'll go again (and acually pay for it), next year.

I took a container to IMS (it was some display, or something) for the F-1 race. The freight forwarder gave us some tickets, to the Cup race. Who was I to say no!

Sharad
07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Awesome! It was a good race. I loved seeing Jimmie's car self-destruct!

Foxxx5oh
07-30-2007, 09:35 PM
the only time nascar is good is when you want to fall asleep...

Sharad
07-30-2007, 09:42 PM
the only time *I THINK* nascar is good is when you want to fall asleep...

fixed.

Foxxx5oh
07-30-2007, 09:53 PM
thank you Sharad :D but im sure it came across as my opinion without your edit

Holly
07-31-2007, 08:30 AM
I rarely watch Nascar anymore, BORING. I did watch the end of Sunday's race and was glad to see Tony Stewart win in his home state, even though I don't care for him.

Football season is coming anyway, Nascar always takes a second place to football in my world. ;)

BIGHONKEY
07-31-2007, 09:23 AM
NASCAR= Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

Seriously it's just billboards going in a circle. I would watch it perhaps if they used real cars to at least start with a real car, or if it was MOSTLY one big left turn.

Maybe if the drivers were still moonshining it would be better. Can you see Jeff Gordon running a still?? How about that Home Depot guy that is like 4'11"??

It does go well with Hot Pockets and Burger Beer though. :D :drunk:

winner70ta
07-31-2007, 10:03 AM
It seems like I watch less and less NASCAR each year. You guys have pegged pretty much all of the aspects of it. Gone are the days of trying to keep things equal amongst the manufacturers...it is bowtie heaven there. Hell, Car Craft might as well sponsor it! It has become more like the WWE; sports entertainment and occassionally let someone else win just to stir the pot and get a new story line going for a few races and the let the chosen ones win again.

BIGHONKEY
07-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Lots of things go down-hill once they get over popularized and highly sponsored. Hopefully the UFC never sux!

BigBadStang
07-31-2007, 12:25 PM
attendance was down for the first time in the 14 year history at INDY for crapcar.
gee...i wonder why? :lol:

Greg Seibert
07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
For you young wippersnappers, just a little reflection of the good 'ole days.

# Date Race Name Track Pole Winner Race Winner SP Make
1 11/12/1967 Middle Georgia 500 Middle Georgia Raceway LeeRoy Yarbrough Bobby Allison 2 Ford
2 11/26/1967 Montgomery 200 Montgomery Speedway Richard Petty Richard Petty 1 Plymouth
3 1/21/1968 Motor Trend 500 Riverside International Raceway Dan Gurney Dan Gurney 1 Ford
4 2/25/1968 Daytona 500 Daytona International Speedway Cale Yarborough Cale Yarborough 1 Mercury
5 3/17/1968 Southeastern 500 Bristol International Speedway Richard Petty David Pearson 2 Ford
6 3/24/1968 Richmond 250 Virginia State Fairgrounds Bobby Isaac David Pearson 16 Ford
7 3/31/1968 Atlanta 500 Atlanta International Raceway LeeRoy Yarbrough Cale Yarborough 4 Mercury
8 4/7/1968 Hickory 250 Hickory Speedway David Pearson Richard Petty 4 Plymouth
9 4/13/1968 Greenville 200 Greenville-Pickens Speedway David Pearson Richard Petty 3 Plymouth
10 4/18/1968 Columbia 200 Columbia Speedway Richard Petty Bobby Isaac 6 Dodge

Mr.Moontang
07-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Rolling billboards is true.

Greg Seibert
07-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Its all about the $.

I'm with you.......See Ya at Florence.
CRAPCAR(should be CASHCAR) used to be about the Motors and Speed.

This looked different than the cheby!

89lxtacy
08-01-2007, 01:26 AM
been ahuge fan since 1993 until the last couple of years.
lost interest,couldnt keep up with all the changes (cars,drivers,sponsers,
rules,etc.)just lost interest.now i'd rather go to the dragstrip or watch
NHRA on the weekends.
also like holly said ,its just about WHO DEY time!!!!:bigthumb