PDA

View Full Version : Golfball hit my roof!!!

Badfbdy
07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Was at the hotel and was leaving the parking lot to go to the show. I was at the stop sign and BAM!!! Right then I knew wtf hit my car. So I get out and the dent is pretty good size and of course VERY noticable. So right then I try and hunt down the golfer. Well when he finally came up in his golf cart looking for his ball. I was like you hit a ball over here, he said yes and I was like you hit my car. So once he found his ball he said it was his. After that I cooled down got the cops over there to get a police report filed, he was cool about it and felt bad so.

I am not mad that it happened shit I could have done it, its just having to go through the hassel of getting fixed and repainted. Plus getting the dent out properly not by the sucktion cup, but hopefully who ever does work on it knows the torch method.

So in my state of depression went to Jegs and got some goodies :D

PaulFiveOh
07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Sounds like you got lucky that the golfer was a cool guy.

Holly
07-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I find golf balls all over my yard! There is a driving range behind me, and I think they intentionally hit them my way! I have a bucket of them that I have collected. I was mowing yesterday and found one towards the front, I'm glad it did not hit a window!

Badfbdy
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I find golf balls all over my yard! There is a driving range behind me, and I think they intentionally hit them my way! I have a bucket of them that I have collected. I was mowing yesterday and found one towards the front, I'm glad it did not hit a window!
4 inches short and it would have hit me. :eek:

bobtsgt
07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
damn that sucks. if he would have gotten cocky you could have helped him shove his driver somewhere.

IWRBB
07-02-2007, 04:48 PM
My dad almost hit someone on a motorcyle on Fairfield's course. The hole right along old Winton.. I actually heard the guy on the bike let off the throttle as it flew past him. I'm a bad golfer, I hit lots of them at houses, trees, ponds, etc...

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I live in the shitty apartments next to The Fairways Golf course...i'm waiting to go out and find a window busted out of my coupe.

ricmcusa
07-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Sounds like you need a golf ball launcher. I need to invent one of those.:lol:

ricmcusa
07-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Was at the hotel and was leaving the parking lot to go to the show. I was at the stop sign and BAM!!! Right then I knew wtf hit my car. So I get out and the dent is pretty good size and of course VERY noticable. So right then I try and hunt down the golfer. Well when he finally came up in his golf cart looking for his ball. I was like you hit a ball over here, he said yes and I was like you hit my car. So once he found his ball he said it was his. After that I cooled down got the cops over there to get a police report filed, he was cool about it and felt bad so.

I am not mad that it happened shit I could have done it, its just having to go through the hassel of getting fixed and repainted. Plus getting the dent out properly not by the sucktion cup, but hopefully who ever does work on it knows the torch method.

So in my state of depression went to Jegs and got some goodies :D

That sucks . Have you heard of the dry ice method? I was wandering if it works. I saw it on you tube or somewhere on the net. It doesn't harm the paint

Gene
07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I hate golf.

ricmcusa
07-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I love golf. Happy Gilmore Rules.:bigthumb
So does uncle Jed . He says them golfs are harder to kill then a ground hog. Even with a 12 gauge.Ever see the Beverley Hillbilly's?:lol:

dedpedal
07-02-2007, 06:33 PM
I cant even begin to think of all the windows Ive had to retint over the years due to golfballs. Most of the time, the damn culprits dont even bother to own up to it. "Thats what you get for living next to a golf course"

stangman_5
07-02-2007, 06:47 PM
That sucks . Have you heard of the dry ice method? I was wandering if it works. I saw it on you tube or somewhere on the net. It doesn't harm the paint

I seen that to looks like it gets the job done. http://youtube.com/watch?v=UUSkwlyDrKw

IWRBB
07-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I cant even begin to think of all the windows Ive had to retint over the years due to golfballs. Most of the time, the damn culprits dont even bother to own up to it. "Thats what you get for living next to a golf course"

The houses at around the tees are more expensive for a reason, no chance of getting hit. :lol:

Golf is weird. It can be frustrating as hell, you can never master it, yet you always think you can do better next time.

DeckerEnt
07-03-2007, 12:38 AM
I saw an attachment to a rifle where you put a golf ball in and shoot a blank and it launches it pretty far. It was cool..
Keith

PonymanfiveO
07-03-2007, 07:30 AM
I hate golf.

Im with catfish on this one.

02mingryGT
07-03-2007, 07:38 AM
The houses at around the tees are more expensive for a reason, no chance of getting hit. :lol:

Golf is weird. It can be frustrating as hell, you can never master it, yet you always think you can do better next time.

Ain't that the truth. Last Sat at Taylor Glen I drove through the green on 17 (268) chipped back to within 6 inches for a tap in birdie. That just means next time I go there I won't be able to drive it past the womens tees and get a triple bogey.

Badfbdy
07-03-2007, 07:46 AM
I may have to try that dry ice trick, heck what can it hurt

BigBadStang
07-03-2007, 02:49 PM
i feel your pain. no car damage, but the house has been hit numerous times. the window in the morning room has been hit...twice by the same guy...he t'd up and hit the window, then decided to t up again and hit the fucking thing in the same spot almost. i ripped his ass when he drove by. its strange, when they hit the house, they cruise by and wont even look at you if your out in the yard. i have caught people getting ready to hit the ball out of MY YARD, and just yelled at some old fuck this morning for driving the cart through my yard. if you call the clubhouse, they will tell you (by gps on the carts) who broke your window IF you are there when it happens. the golfer is responsible, but if your not home you are fucked.
i have 9 five gallon buckets full of golf balls i have collected in the 1 1/2 years since the house was built. most of them are pro v1's, Nike's, and callaways. it aint cheap to play here either, and it amazes me of how poor some of these guys drive the ball. it is nice to sneak out in the evening and play a little though!

02mingryGT
07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
If you can shoot in the mid 80's to low 90's you are better than 90% of people who golf. Most golfers suck.

thejock60
07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
try having a softball go thru your windshield driving by a church softball game and having nobody fix your car.:mad: The police wouldn't do anything about it said it was up to the guy that hit the ball to make good on it. Which he didn't...

2-8-1
07-04-2007, 11:49 AM
try having a softball go thru your windshield driving by a church softball game and having nobody fix your car. The police wouldn't do anything about it said it was up to the guy that hit the ball to make good on it. Which he didn't...

Im sorry, I would have beaten someone up at church over that.

mach_u
07-04-2007, 02:19 PM
try having a softball go thru your windshield driving by a church softball game and having nobody fix your car.:mad: The police wouldn't do anything about it said it was up to the guy that hit the ball to make good on it. Which he didn't...

Im sorry, I would have beaten someone up at church over that.
lol. That reminds of Tim Wilson's "Church League Softball Fistfight" on Bob & Tom. :lol:

Badfbdy
07-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Insurance company says his home owners insurance will cover it, but guess what he doesn't have any....