PDA

View Full Version : job market and apartment prices

blk93notch
07-03-2007, 12:28 AM
im thinking about relocating more south than what i am. im in urbana which is about 2 hours north of cincy. i moved up here 3 years ago to be near my family and recently my family had pretty much fallen apart. parents are gettting a divorce and one is moving to west virgina and one is moving to georgia along with my sister and her husband with my 2 nephews and nieces. that leaves me alone in ohio. so i figure it about to be 29 and its time for me to start my own life and family deal per say. i cant stand springfield which is where i woek. truck has been stolen and broken into way too much and it is just ghetto. so im thinking i would like to live somewhere where there is actually stuff to do except work.

job wise: since i have been here i have been working in a metal stamping factory as a press operator. im almost a level 4 if that matters. in florida i ran the back parts counter at a ford dealership.

apartment: one bedroom. nothing fancy. nice neighborhood,maybe 1 garage.

i really appreciate any input you guys have thanks.

MRGRIMM
07-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Nky is less crowded and less ghetto than most of Cincinnati, but still just as close as most of Cincy's urban sprawl in Ohio. Newport has really taken off the last few years and is close to some decent aprtments in Alexandria, Cambell co. Because of Northern Kentucky University right there I would say what you are looking for should be easy and cheap to find.

Mista Bone
07-03-2007, 02:39 AM
I would suggest Armor Holdings in Fairfield and an apartment near by.

They do they armoring on the Humvees, but moving south your gonna run into more Latinos.

Apartment with a garage is a rarity around here in the cheaper price range.

Also, always hiring down around Greater Cincti Airport/Hebron. There is a car parts maker down there, I think they do brake systems.

Black92LX
07-03-2007, 03:16 AM
I would suggest Armor Holdings in Fairfield and an apartment near by.

They do they armoring on the Humvees

Ohh the do much more than that!!!!
http://www.forhimmedia.com/buys/luxury/car/images/picfsvxnb07.jpg
If I had an extra $200,000 you can for damn sure I'd have one of these, just for the hell of it. Though I would probabyl go with the Audi S8 instead of the Mercedes. Or maybe I would be modest and just get a level II suburban for $95,000.

Ok sorry back to your normally scheduled thread

blk93notch
07-04-2007, 01:32 AM
thanks for the info. i would just like to be somewhere where there is actually stuff to do and not so much riff raff per say. i dont mind paying alittle more for a nicer place with a garage.

331TwistedWedge
07-04-2007, 11:26 AM
landen / maineville is a nice area, that is where im at for the time being ... you are 3 minutes from kings island ... very nice around here, no "riff raff" ... you will have to pay a few $$$ for this area, but its not overwhelming ... 10-15 miles north of cincy, so you dont have to carry a gun :lol: ... plenty to do: sports bars, restaurants, shopping & 25-30 minutes from E20 & tri-state ... probably 50 minutes from kil kare ... good luck :bigthumb

blk93notch
07-08-2007, 08:13 PM
sounds like my kind of area. are you in an apt or house?

331TwistedWedge
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
sounds like my kind of area. are you in an apt or house?

an apartment ... the orchards of landen ... you will pay about $750.00 a month if you include the sewage, thats a 2 bedroom ... very clean & quiet ...

blk93notch
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM
you wouldnt know what a one bedroom would run and if they have a garge option. website? any problem with your stang being there and that?

65stang
07-08-2007, 11:23 PM
I just moved out of the orchard of landen, it is a nice place. I had some issues with mgmt, as well as all of my friends who moved out because of it. Im not sure if it is better now, this was all when the new company bought them out. Other than that I loved it. I was paying $650 for a 1bdr, valted ceilings and a car port. FYI, there are 2 sides to the complex if you live on the newer side the car port is included with the apt, and the other side it is extra, at least thats how it was when i was there.

Jason

331TwistedWedge
07-08-2007, 11:32 PM
I just moved out of the orchard of landen, it is a nice place. I had some issues with mgmt, as well as all of my friends who moved out because of it. Im not sure if it is better now, this was all when the new company bought them out. Other than that I loved it. I was paying $650 for a 1bdr, valted ceilings and a car port. FYI, there are 2 sides to the complex if you live on the newer side the car port is included with the apt, and the other side it is extra, at least thats how it was when i was there.

Jason

cool :bigthumb ... the car port is another 25.00, the extra storage is 25.00 as well ... i like it up here, just too much money to throw away ~ rather put it towards a house ...

i have never had my truck messed with up here (my car stays in indiana *garaged*) ...

i guess im on the older side :confused: (MacIntosh Lane) ...

blk93notch
07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
i dont mind 650 if that with the car port. my worry is with the car issue. as long as someone doesnt mess with the cars ill be good. nice place to live,stuff to do and a good job is really all im asking for right now.