PDA

View Full Version : Would somebody PLEASE just let UPS take over?

Paul408Notch
07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm so tired of having problems with USPS and FedEx. It would be so awesome if UPS just took over for everything.

I bought this air filter, and for some reason, AEM decides to ship it FedEx with signature confirmation. Why the hell do they need a signature on a $15 part? Well FedEx tries delivering twice when I'm not home, so I call to ask if they can get there earlier. They showed up at 2:30 both days. I ask them to get there before 1:30 since that's the absolute latest I can leave for work and still get in on time. She says no problem.

So when do they try to deliver today? 3:30 of course. Good thing I made that request. Now I have to wait 2 more days to install my power pipe because I can't pick up the filter until Thursday.

So as a summary... Fuck AEM for requiring a signature on a $15 item, and Fuck FedEx for being almost as bad as the USPS. (At least FedEx didn't lose it completely.)

cstreu1026
07-03-2007, 10:41 PM
I have had to deal with that same bullshit before when I bought my macbook. I ended up having them hold it at their distribution center and picking it up in person. Then I complained about the experience to Apple and they refunded me something like $25 when the shipping was free. At least someone has good customer service.

Paul408Notch
07-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I'd complain, but I don't know what good it would do.

I just wish all companies were as on-the-ball as UPS and my all-time favorite online store Amazon.com.

cstreu1026
07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
You know I have had no problems from the USPS either but thats probably just luck and low expectations though.

Paul408Notch
07-03-2007, 11:39 PM
You know I have had no problems from the USPS either but thats probably just luck and low expectations though.

I hadn't had any until I moved out here. I think the employees just take home any mail they want to.

pegasus
07-04-2007, 12:35 AM
DHL lost my brake rotors for 3 months

cin_mustang
07-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Hell where we're at UPS likes to deliver our crap to other people. At least twice they stopped by and told us they did this and they did recover it and bring it back within a couple of days but still.

Mista Bone
07-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I've had best luck with USPS (Flat rate boxes!) for most items. Since most people pay me with Paypal, I use it to pay for the shipping you get free delivery conformation.

Larger items, like transmissions, I use FedEx and drop it box off at FedEd/Kinkos in Tri-County.

bobtsgt
07-04-2007, 04:47 PM
well that sucks. Fed Ex was probably cheaper for them to ship. Mine came UPS in about 4 days time. I ship all Fed Ex and UPS stuff to work cause I know someone will be able to sign for it.

Timido
07-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Fed Ex Ground sucks BIG Donkey Balls.

1_slo_92
07-05-2007, 06:10 AM
DHL lost my brake rotors for 3 months

haha I currently work at that hole in the wall. DHL = Damaged/Hidden/Lost

I would not reccomend (sp) DHL to anyone, they pack the frieght on the employees to fast and hard to move it so all the boxes crush each other and alot get lost from being open in our system.

MADMOD
07-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I'd complain, but I don't know what good it would do.

I just wish all companies were as on-the-ball as UPS and my all-time favorite online store Amazon.com.

Thanks for supporting you local UPS employee!:bigthumb :HYF: to Fed-up

BigBadStang
07-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for supporting you local UPS employee!:bigthumb :HYF: to Fed-up

:agree:
we DO appreciate it!
:thanks:

Black92LX
07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
DEAR LORD NO!!!!!!
I have had 7 packages delivered to me by UPS since moving here. 6 of them have been all jacked up.

Plus I get delivery confirmation on every package I have delivered. I have had to stolen off the porch.

Blk88GT
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Leave a note with your signature next time, they leave it at your door.

Mista Bone
07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Only problem I have with UPS is shipments out of Oakland CA. They truck it to Chicago, then fly it to Loiusville, takes 6-7 days for package to get here.

For a extra $5 FedEx will have it here in 2-3 days.

IEATLT1
07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
ups = united package smashers my boxes are always beat up when they arrive

MADMOD
07-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Only problem I have with UPS is shipments out of Oakland CA. They truck it to Chicago, then fly it to Loiusville, takes 6-7 days for package to get here.

For a extra $5 FedEx will have it here in 2-3 days.

That is not true. The longest it takes to get a package ground from Cali is 4 days.

http://www.ups.com/using/services/servicemaps/maps25/map_0250.gif

steeda50
07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
UPS stands for Under-Paid Slaves. I've had better luck with Fedex. Had a package delivered via UPS years ago. They left it, it got stolen. Oh well.

MADMOD
07-05-2007, 09:15 PM
The drivers get paid well....but the people behinde the scene's are the ones who are under paid! Can't beat the Health Ins. though:bigthumb

Mista Bone
07-06-2007, 05:31 AM
That is not true. The longest it takes to get a package ground from Cali is 4 days.

So if my order is received by UPS on Monday at 1 PM, why does it take till next Monday to get here? Packaged scanned into Oakland at about 8PM, takes till Thursday night to get thru Chicago, Friday it goes thru Louisvile, Friday night it hits Sharonville.......where it sits till Monday delivery.

Looking at that map, I can ship/rec packages from ALASKA faster!

:HYF: UPS in Western States

JonS
07-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I hate it when companies require a signature, I am never home during delivery hours. :mad: UPS is the best, FedEx has always been OK, but they seem a bit slower than UPS. USPS sucks big time. Their online tracking updates 2 days after you have received the package, that does a lot of good.

02mingryGT
07-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Almost everything I ordered for my car came in UPS. Everything left on the front porch no signature required. All boxes in good shape. The reason I think your package sat until Monday was because you have to pay extra for Sat delivery. I had the same thing happen to me. Heads came in Friday late didn't get delivered until Monday.

Mista Bone
07-06-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm sure you wouldn't mine $1000 in parts sitting on the porch just waiting for some crackhead to steal them.

Anything I ship over $100 requires a signature.

02mingryGT
07-06-2007, 09:00 AM
That happened twice. The one time I came back from the gym to see them sitting there the second time I was home and they didn't even knock just dropped it off and left. And I don't think it was really that smart of them but I don't have any crackheads nearby so I'm not concerned about it. Well there was the dude across the street growing pot in his house but I'm sure he'd be too laid back to make the trip across the street. Hell he'd probably get halfway there and forget what he was doing.

Paul408Notch
07-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Well yesterady I had to go to the fedex facility and pick up the stupid package on the way to work. I sat in there for 20 MINUTES until they could find my damn package. It took them so long, I couldn't even stop on the way into work for lunch. Fuck fedex.

BigBadStang
07-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Well yesterady I had to go to the fedex facility and pick up the stupid package on the way to work. I sat in there for 20 MINUTES until they could find my damn package. It took them so long, I couldn't even stop on the way into work for lunch. Fuck fedex.

i was waiting for a check from my old employers 401k. and they shipped it FedEx. they left a doorhanger saying they required a sig, and no one was home. said they would try to deliver it 2 more times. next 2 days i made sure someone was home, no delivery. called the center and they said i needed to come down to get it. rushed down there...all the way down in cinci...waited in line for 15 minutes to find out they sent the damned envelope back to the sender! NEVER AGAIN!
have always had good luck with "the parcel"...even before i went to work there.

Mista Bone
07-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I will say this about the UPS driver for my street.......

He brings the boxes around back so they can't be seen.

I had a pair of lightly used slicks (10 passes) show up today from Baltimore..

If it's raining, he bags them to keep it dry (smaller boxes).

Ryan218
07-07-2007, 01:35 PM
I will say this about the UPS driver for my street.......

He brings the boxes around back so they can't be seen.

I had a pair of lightly used slicks (10 passes) show up today from Baltimore..

If it's raining, he bags them to keep it dry (smaller boxes).

ours does this too :bigthumb sometime i walk by the boxes without even noticing them..if i can i usually have it to where someone has to sign for it so that they don't sit out.

Mista Bone
07-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I about shit a brick when I saw via the tracking number that a package had been delivered. I was steaming hot......until I tripped over the box by the back door......

Also helps when I know a 90 lbs transmission is being delivered, I meet him at the truck with a two wheeler.

98stangv6
07-23-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm an under paid package handler at Fedex. It's amazing some of the people they hire, I've never seen so much lack of respect for peoples packages... My advice, ship UPS.

1badasp
07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Fed Ex Ground sucks BIG Donkey Balls.

:agree:

Ive had thigs shipped twice from verizon and :squirt:FedEx didnt even knock on the door. They just left a message on the door that they were there. Thankfully Verizon refunded $25 for the inconvience. I'll never deal with FedEx if I dont have to

Mista Bone
07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm an under paid package handler at Fedex. It's amazing some of the people they hire, I've never seen so much lack of respect for peoples packages... My advice, ship UPS.

UPS also has package deconstruction testers.

Dirtyd0g
07-23-2007, 03:07 PM
You didn't hear about the merger?
Fedex and UPS are merging to make......Fed Up

:P

Alan

Mista Bone
07-23-2007, 04:16 PM
http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/gallery/d/6881-1/fed-ex-ups-crash.jpg