PDA

View Full Version : coney island fireworks and baloon show

jaystang44
07-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Me and the girlfriend went down last night to see the firework and baloon show at coney. Got there around 7:45 to see the hot air baloons, wasnt too crowded at the time. We watched them inflate and we were waiting for them to go up but they never did. I didnt know if i didnt get them memo or what but i thought they were going to go up into the air and glow they are hot air baloons.

The firework were ok though. we got to sit in the car and watch those, pretty good seats too for being in the car. lasted for about 20-30 min and pretty nice finish, set a few car alarms off with the ending cannons. It was free and wasnt too bad for it being so.

Getting out was horrible. it took use 20-30 min just to get out of the parking lot. they needed cops in there to keep people in lines. people were just cutting others off and not staying in line. It was like Oakhills high school letting out all over again, if you dont know oakhills is the biggest high school in Ohio and we had 3000+ student in the school 800 of those in my graduating class so getting out of the parking lot was not very fun alot of bumping and what not.

But hey what can you expect for a free firework show. I would have rather just gone to kaluga's firework show. closer to home and a lot better, plus I know people who live right in front of the park and they let me park in there driveway :bigthumb .

Mista Bone
07-04-2007, 01:19 PM
LOL.......lets go fly a ballon at night, power lines won't hurt will they?

mach_u
07-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Doesn't sound like we missed a whole lot. We were talking about coming down but it just never happened...

Mr.Moontang
07-04-2007, 03:21 PM
The wife and I went down and we thought it was great the balloon glow was neat (no they are not supposed to take off...just light up the inside with the burner) We were parked across the street and had a picnic at the car and watched the fireworks then pulled right out onto Kellog and went home... We were home 15 minutes after the finale!!!

bobtsgt
07-04-2007, 04:51 PM
It was fun.We were stuck in the parking lot for 45 minutes. Plus there were some drunk hillbillies that were having a public dispute and decided to throw things. Needless to say a beer can struck Angie's car and beer went everywhere. There was an almost fight. If the drunk chick or guy would have started anything I would smack them both down. Luckly they shut and we got the hell out of there. Next time we will just go over to Ryan's house and watch :D