PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I can get remanufactured Vintage auto parts????

Stangman
07-04-2007, 02:47 PM
My dad has a '65 Fairlane, and its a K code car, so it doesnt have power brakes.... well his master cylinder is bad, and everywhere that can get them can only get the master cylinder without the pushrod (and his will not come out of the old one) and it has too many brake line holes coming off of it... anybody know where He could get one, without going to Green Sales? or does anyone know a place that will rebuild it?

He REALLY needs this, the car is on jackstands gettin the front brakes completely redone...

Thanks!:bigthumb

Katmandu
07-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Check with Jason Mountz. I've dealt alot with him when I was dealing in old Ford parts. :bigthumb

http://vintage-ford-parts.com/

BTW, you're bro "may" want to seriously considering upgrading that old style system. NOT too safe as it was designed in the first place!!!

RyanR
07-07-2007, 12:06 PM
scrap yard

Katmandu
07-08-2007, 04:29 AM
scrap yardWhat scrap yards do you know of that have ANY 1960s Fords laying around ????? :confused: :confused:

Stangman
07-08-2007, 12:33 PM
scrap yard

Most old cars in the junkyard are waaay past gone...

we got it covered though, found a master cylinder, car is put back together now... thanks guys

Katmandu
07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Most old cars in the junkyard are waaay past gone...

we got it covered though, found a master cylinder, car is put back together now... thanks guysWhere did you end up finding it ? :confused:

Stangman
07-09-2007, 11:11 AM
actually KOI auto parts had one in stock if you can believe that, we had to do a lil modifying on the pushrod with the addition of a rubber o-ring so it would stay tight in the back of the master cylinder, but it works great...

RyanR
07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
What scrap yards do you know of that have ANY 1960s Fords laying around ????? :confused: :confused:

i dont know it was a suggestion, old cars are not my thing....

stangman_5
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
What scrap yards do you know of that have ANY 1960s Fords laying around ????? :confused: :confused:

Mcleases on hammer road used to have a bunch of old azz cars, It is out in brown county. And georges in sardinia he used to have alot of old cars too. But jesse already knew that. I think they crushed most of them though.

Stangman
07-09-2007, 10:50 PM
McClese's has been under new ownership for some time now, and George just doesnt give a shit...

and besides, wouldnt buy a part like that used... would end up being just as bad...