PDA

View Full Version : What all is needed to convert 94-95 to 87-93 acc. and intake?

89notch
07-05-2007, 03:29 PM
My brother has a 95 cobra that we are going to put my procharger on. The procharger is for an 87-93 car. I'm wondering what all I'm going to have to change on the front of the motor to make it work. I can modify the inlet tube to work I'm mostly concerned with the brackets.

FMGT1999
07-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Kelly,

The 95 Mustangs where still using a 5.0 in them not a 4.6. 96 was the first year for modular engines.

Kyle

89notch
07-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I know that but the 94-95 have different brackets on the front and I know you have to change some things in order to use a 87-93 blower on them

Sharad
07-07-2007, 12:53 PM
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=4368467#post4368467

(from a guy on the corral)
I put that very intake on my car. Here's the write up:
The '93 Cobra intake will fit under the stock hood, even with the hood blanket. However the TB PCV tube rubbed a hole in mine so I took the hood blanket out. I thought that the elbow and adapter elbow were ugly and had bad clearance problems with aftermarket VCs. I bought 90% of my items from people parting out their cars or doing a Carb conversion, the other 10% I bought on ebay. You'll need the following items:
Fox TB
Fox TB IAC (you can use the SN IAC but it looks Fugly and you may have clearance problems)
Fox Throttle cable
Fox Cruise control cable
Fox throttle cable bracket
Fox Fuel injector wiring harness side of the TPS sensor
Fox EGR valve (and a 5\8" cap to block off the EGR port on your header)
Fox EGR spacer if not using a '93 Cobra intake or EGR delete plate to mount throttle bracket
Fox Vacuum tree (available at 50resto.com like most of these parts)
Tubing to run from the VC filler neck to the TB PCV tube connection if not using SN95 port
Vacuum caps if you need to block any connections off if you've deleted EGR etc.
a 3\8" pipe plug to block off the Fox ACT sensor port behind the #5 runner in the lower intake if you are running a Fox lower intake or aftermarked intake (or simply use the Fox ACT sensor as a plug for the hole)
You'll have to modify your SN CAI or modify a Fox CAI, or make your own. I have pictures that I can email you.
Here is the TPS wiring splice directions:
TPS wiring...
SN95........TO...........FOX

RED/GRAY..............BLACK
GRAY/WHITE..........GREEN
BROWN/WHITE........ORANGE

Vacuum tubing to extend your vacuum hoses
I hope that this answers your questions. My accelerator was stiffer and more more responsive after doing the swap.

89notch
07-07-2007, 01:16 PM
cool thanks