PDA

View Full Version : Let's play: Good Idea/Bad Idea

Black92LX
07-06-2007, 02:52 PM
So the girlfriend and I were discussing the other day. I stated that I would really like to go on a cross country motorcycle trip.
She stated that we should go she thinks it would be a lot of fun. I asked her if she knew how to ride and she said no she would just ride on the back.
I then suggested that it would be quite uncomfortable for her since I am not the Honda Goldwing sort of guy.
She then said well I have always been interested in learning to ride and said she had thought about taking a riding course before.
So I suggested that we take it together. Most of my riding is offroad dirtbike stuff so I could use a good riding course for road riding.
So was it a bad idea for me to suggest to take the class together????

bobtsgt
07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I say no. You can never learn too much. If she is down for it then go for it. Plus its going to score you a couple of extra points :D

REDHOTGTGIRL
07-06-2007, 03:30 PM
If it is something you are both interested in, I say go for it. Having a hobby together is always a good thing and can be a lot of fun. Taking a driving course is a great idea. It'd better than her being against it and you wanting to do it.

ihave1sweetride
07-06-2007, 03:40 PM
If it is something you are both interested in, I say go for it. Having a hobby together is always a good thing and can be a lot of fun. Taking a driving course is a great idea. It'd better than her being against it and you wanting to do it.

:agree:

93cobra
07-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Good luck...I personaly do not want to ride with my wife on the street. Even though I have 25 years riding experience...I couldn't handle her getting hurt in an accident that could take place even not at fault...Too many idiots on the road...like the 3 middle aged couples that got ran over & killed from my hometown a few weeks ago in the poker run by an impatient dumbass in a pickup truck. Not trying to sound pesimistic....it just does happen a lot...If I'm riding myself & someone backs a trailer out in front of me...I'd rather try bailing or going off road by myself to miss the accident. I also think its very dangerous to climb your leg over a street bike for the first motorcycle venture...At some point...you will make a mistake & possibly go down...I'd rather see people learn in the dirt by themselves rather than on busy roads with several thousand pound vehicles surrounding you

mach_u
07-07-2007, 09:17 AM
:booty: I wish "somebody" would let ME get a bike... :(

glassman
07-07-2007, 10:15 AM

Well put on your pants and get one sissy boy! :lol:
Do you need a permision slip to go to the potty to.:rofl:

dedpedal
07-07-2007, 10:20 AM

Just buy mine and say "I have to ride it , Kevin did."

I bought mine without any experiance and hopped on it and went. I figured it was mine and if I dumped it, it was paid for. Amy couldnt tell me no since she had one of her own.
A riding course is definatly a good idea tho.

BigBadStang
07-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Well put on your pants and get one sissy boy! :lol:
Do you need a permision slip to go to the potty to.:rofl:

:rofl: sack up man!
:lol: :lol:

Quiksilver
07-08-2007, 12:49 AM

My old boss used to tell me that "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission". But then again, that was when he was still married.:lol:

dedpedal
07-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Just buy mine AJ. then you can move to a bigger bader better bike(damn, I just went 4 b s into a sentence) and give it to Rachel when your ready to move up.

REDHOTGTGIRL
07-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Good luck...I personaly do not want to ride with my wife on the street. Even though I have 25 years riding experience...I couldn't handle her getting hurt in an accident that could take place even not at fault...Too many idiots on the road...like the 3 middle aged couples that got ran over & killed from my hometown a few weeks ago in the poker run by an impatient dumbass in a pickup truck. Not trying to sound pesimistic....it just does happen a lot...If I'm riding myself & someone backs a trailer out in front of me...I'd rather try bailing or going off road by myself to miss the accident. I also think its very dangerous to climb your leg over a street bike for the first motorcycle venture...At some point...you will make a mistake & possibly go down...I'd rather see people learn in the dirt by themselves rather than on busy roads with several thousand pound vehicles surrounding you

This is why I don't want him to get one...too dangerous and I can't stand the thought of anything happening to him. I lost a good friend on one about 5 years ago, don't want to go through that again. I have absolutely no desire to have a bike, so he couldn't do the hand-me-down thing. The whole forgiveness is easier than permission thing is a load of shit...that game goes both ways and gets very messy very quickly! That's why I appreciate the mutual respect we have.

Anyway, this isn't about AJ getting a bike, it's about Black92LX and his girl taking a road course together, which again I think is a great idea since you are both interested.

BigBadStang
07-08-2007, 10:10 PM
sounds like someone struck a nerve! :lol: :lol:

mach_u
07-09-2007, 04:48 PM
lol. You guys are funny. If I was a dick I would go out and just buy one but I respect her position due to her friend's passing. Plus she does control the entertainment... ;) :lol: I'll keep begging and one of these days I'll get one! :P

mustang8998
07-10-2007, 07:20 PM
When I sold my bike, it was partially do to Maggie's lack of interest in riding. She had no desire to ride with me, even though she trusted my ability to ride safely.

I miss having a bike, but the nice part is, Maggie wouldn't get all upset, if I bought another one. I may, someday, but I really wish she would gain some interest in it. It would be way more fun, to have her with ride with me.

IEATLT1
07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
my wife had no desire to learn but loved riding on the back of mine.... that was early in my stunt career. Soon enough the bike was solo tailed and caged. I was doing more stunting than riding... I got married and wised up sold the bike and went back to my true passion.. The stang.

You need this rider school though

http://www.starboyz.com/pages/school/starboyz/school.html