PDA

View Full Version : Wolf .308 Ammo

DeckerEnt
07-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Just got back from Shooters and have to say that was the most frustrating hour of shooting. I was shooting my .308 FAL L1A1. I had a few boxes of Wolf ammo so I shot those. I never made it through a complete mag without the rifle jamming on me. Come to find out, the primers from the bullits were blowing out of the cases. I would get a jam, remove the mag, pull open the bolt and these little brass discs would fall out. It was the primers.
So BOOOOOOOO on Wolf .308 ammo. Still love the .223 though.
Keith

2-8-1
07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, Wolf in general is crap. Its the only ammo to ever make my XD think about jamming. It also is dirty as hell.

Walter
07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Steel case i assume?

Sharad
07-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I heard it was russian surplus?

DeckerEnt
07-08-2007, 08:58 PM
It is russian made and cheap. You get what you pay for.
Keith

2-8-1
07-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Steel case i assume?

Yeah the green stuff with the coating is pure shit, I would never shoot that stuff. The green crap melts and makes a real mess of things.

I heard it was russian surplus?

Keith

Yeah, its Russian, and very cheap, however, when shot in Russian Weapons, the Mosin Nagant for example, its hard to beat. That may speak more about the weapons than the ammo though.

fastone
07-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Keith

Keith, you need to talk to Alex and Tim about the wolf ammo.... I got the new S&W M&P ar-15 all decked out.... they have seen wolf ammo destroy uppers on ar's do to the steel cases that wolf uses.... that is the big reason you will never see steel cased ammo in any gun I ever fire that I own!!

DeckerEnt
07-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Unless you get an AK. They are designed for steel case ammo.
I have not had any problems with wolf .223 in my Bushmaster.
Keith

Black92LX
07-09-2007, 03:04 AM
wolf is fine with the new dry lubrication and not the green stuff.

Sure steel cases aren't the greatest for the ejectors but it's not that big of a deal. The problem you run into with ARs is how dirty the stuff is.

But that's why I love my AK doesn't matter how dirty it is it always goes bang.

Sounds like you got a bad lot of ammo. Call Wolf they actually have pretty good customer service they may work something out with you.