PDA

View Full Version : low idle

angieriou
07-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I got a small problem; I hope. My idle is very low like 500 rpm, its to the point that the car wants to stall out. After it warms up a bit its running about 700 rpm. I have a 92 302 5 speed. In it is a 306, with Holley aluminum heads and a Holley Systemax Intake. Any ideas? Thx Jeff

mustang8998
07-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Check your TPS voltage. It should be right around 0.95 to 1 volt. If I remember right, you check it at the green and orange wire. If you can adjust it, that may help.

I would also suggest cleaning the MAF. Just remove the screws, on top of the meter and pull it out. DO NOT touch the coils, it could cause them to break. Use a spray cleaner, such as electronic parts cleaner, on it. Don't use a cleaner, that will leave residue, on the coil.

Somewhere, maybe on the homepage, there is some tech articles. I'm sure there is one for setting TPS.

tim c
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Check your TPS voltage. It should be right around 0.95 to 1 volt. If I remember right, you check it at the green and orange wire. If you can adjust it, that may help.

I would also suggest cleaning the MAF. Just remove the screws, on top of the meter and pull it out. DO NOT touch the coils, it could cause them to break. Use a spray cleaner, such as electronic parts cleaner, on it. Don't use a cleaner, that will leave residue, on the coil.

Somewhere, maybe on the homepage, there is some tech articles. I'm sure there is one for setting TPS.

:agree: also ck your iac motor ans fuel psi

mustang8998
07-12-2007, 05:40 PM
:agree: also ck your iac motor ans fuel psi

Yeah, I kinda forgot those. :HYF: > ME

92coupe
07-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Pull the IAC Motor off and clean it with some carb cleaner. Then set your TPS sensor to 0.99 volts if that doesnt help check your 02 sensors. And fuel press like Tim c said. that should be around 38 psi