PDA

View Full Version : 96 V6 auto to 96 5.0 manual

wolverine8490
07-09-2007, 08:26 PM
So, I am new here, but I just thought I would drop in and let everyone know about my project. Im sure I will ask questions along the way ;).

I bought a 91 GT 5.0 5 speed parts car. Mods included:

C&L 76mm MAF
Adjustable clutch cable
B&M Short throw shifter
24# injectors
Power Pulleys
Cobra intake
Accel Coil
Walbro 255 ltr/hr Fuel Pump

I took the block down to Monarch and had them build a short block for me. Its now bored .30 over. I purchased the trick flow H/C/I kit last week for it as well. I pulled the wiring and ECC out of the 91 and now have it ran in the 96. It has been a pita since the 96 used the CCRM but I think I have it all figured out now. As soon as the H/C/I kit comes in the mail, I will know how good my wiring is :). I sold off the cobra intake since originally I was going to buy some AFR heads, but the plans changed after I sold it. I figured it would be eaiser to just buy the kit and go from there. I also purchased shorty headers, and an X-pipe. All I have left to do now is figure out which cat-back system to go with.

Well, that is all for now. once I get the rest of my parts I will post some pics of the project. I cant wait to get this thing running. I am hoping that this thing will move on pretty well.

stangman_5
07-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a cool project man hope you have fun with it. :bigthumb

5.0calypso93lx
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Lets see some pics! I've seen AWESOME results from that trick flow top end kit. Which did you go with, the street or track heat?

wolverine8490
07-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I ordered the Street Heat. They said it was 350hp and 370 torque. I like more torque than HP.

As for pics, I ordered the kit from a place called Texas Hot Rods. I hope it will be in my hands in the next 2 weeks. Once I get the kit, I will post pics of everything.

331TwistedWedge
07-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I ordered the Street Heat. They said it was 350hp and 370 torque. I like more torque than HP.

As for pics, I ordered the kit from a place called Texas Hot Rods. I hope it will be in my hands in the next 2 weeks. Once I get the kit, I will post pics of everything.

you should see around 275-280 to the wheels :bigthumb ... i have a 331 stroker with the trick flow package on it ~ 350/360 to the sneakers ...

you didnt use craig at cincy speed for the Trick Flow Kit :HYF: he's a Trick Flow dealer and could have saved you some ca$h :bigthumb

wolverine8490
07-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I dont know to many places locally for mustangs. I really do not k now much about mustangs at all. I was going to buy it from Summit, but they jacked the price right before I bought it. I ended up getting the whole kit for 2110 shipped to my door.

I hope that was a good deal. :confused: Summit wanted 2499 + shipping.

331TwistedWedge
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
I dont know to many places locally for mustangs. I really do not k now much about mustangs at all. I was going to buy it from Summit, but they jacked the price right before I bought it. I ended up getting the whole kit for 2110 shipped to my door.

I hope that was a good deal. :confused: Summit wanted 2499 + shipping.

sounds like a pretty good deal ... where do you live? ... craig does mail orders as well ... should be a fun little package when you're done ... low 12's ...

wolverine8490
07-09-2007, 09:56 PM
sounds like a pretty good deal ... where do you live? ... craig does mail orders as well ... should be a fun little package when you're done ... low 12's ...

I live in Covington, KY. I am really hoping for 12's. That is my goal.

331TwistedWedge
07-09-2007, 09:58 PM

just get some traction and you should be way down in the 12's ... good luck on the build ...

wolverine8490
07-09-2007, 10:01 PM
just get some traction and you should be way down in the 12's ... good luck on the build ...

Thanks. It should be fun reguardless if I hit 12's or not :). Suspension is stage 2 of the project.

MrsAPE
07-11-2007, 07:50 PM
faster than my promised 13's. can't wait for pictures.
and yep..check out the cincy speed section on the forum. craig can hook you up!!

OrangeStang04
07-11-2007, 07:57 PM

Welcome bud! Where about down here in the C.O.V? Ya may have seen my P.O.S traveling around, its an Orange 2004 with the Roush package

wolverine8490
07-12-2007, 07:47 AM
faster than my promised 13's. can't wait for pictures.
and yep..check out the cincy speed section on the forum. craig can hook you up!!

Thanks, I know my buddy always used to talk about them. I never usually buy locally, with tax and the market, it is usually cheaper online. I will have to swing down there when the build is done, and see what all they have to offer.

wolverine8490
07-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Welcome bud! Where about down here in the C.O.V? Ya may have seen my P.O.S traveling around, its an Orange 2004 with the Roush package

I live off of KY16. Its strange that they consider my area Covington. I never knew how big it really was until I started looking at houses. I always say I live in Independence, but I have Covingtons zip code.

wolverine8490
08-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I just thought I would post an update to the thread I started a little while back. I got the motor together about a week ago. Had a few snags here and there, but tonight I actually got to fire it up. After I realized that it was 180 degrees off on the timing, it fired right up. It was pretty loud since I am running straight headers until I can get the tranny parts I need. Well, anyway, sorry I have not posted any pics yet. Im off to Besslers in the morning to get a few more misc parts. Then all I need is a 70" belt, and a bellhousing, and it will be complete. I will post another update when I actually get to drive it :).

92coupe
08-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Check 95redstang he has a t5 and bellhousing for a 95.

I had all my machine work done on my block and heads at Monarch about 3 years ago, They did an awesome job. I did all the assembly myself installed in my coupe and i'm still running that motor today. They do great work.

wolverine8490
08-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Check 95redstang he has a t5 and bellhousing for a 95.

I had all my machine work done on my block and heads at Monarch about 3 years ago, They did an awesome job. I did all the assembly myself installed in my coupe and i'm still running that motor today. They do great work.

Awesome.. I will PM him and see what he's got. Monarch does do great work. My grandfather ran a lawnmower repair buisness for 30 years. He let Monarch do all of his work for a LONG time. I have had a few motors machined by them, and have never had an issue.

wolverine8490
08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, I just thought I would give an update with the progress so far. Thanks to 95redstang I got the transmission in today. Thanks a ton Shawn. Now for the new snags. The cross member from the 96 appears that it is not going to work with the T5. It sits about .5 - 1 inch off. So I guess Ill be looking for a cross member from a 94-95 mustang. Also, I guess the starter from the fox mustang is to long for the SN95 bell housing. So I will be going to autozone tomorrow and picking up a starter. Well, other that that, everything went smooth. I will update as more progress continues.