PDA

View Full Version : Berryman B12 Chemtool

Stangman
07-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Dont know if any of you have ever tried this stuff, but let me tell you, this is the greatest stuff ever!!! cleans engine parts better than diesel fuel!!! its supposed to be a choke and carb cleaner but this is some potent spray!!

Cleaned my gt40p heads in diesel and brought them home still with a good amount of sludge on them, found a can of this in my garage that i had bought a long time ago, made quick work of EVERYTHING not physically attached to the heads!!

This stuff goes quick, i used 4 cans...

Mista Bone
07-09-2007, 11:44 PM
old school Gumount Carb cleaner, aka "carb dip"

It gets into your skin and the smell won't come out, I love it!

PS: make sure to not store it on metal shelving.

Wait, your talking about the spray cans????? Thats just tolulene based cleaner, about the same thing as Autozone carb cleaner.

Warning, don't use carb cleaner when running a propane heater, bad news right there!

cstreu1026
07-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Gun scrubber works well for a lot of stuff too...just make sure you have plenty of fresh air or a respirator.

Gene
07-10-2007, 09:13 AM
just make sure you have plenty of fresh air or a respirator.

...or you'll wind up like Mista... :D

plated
07-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Dont know if any of you have ever tried this stuff, but let me tell you, this is the greatest stuff ever!!! cleans engine parts better than diesel fuel!!! its supposed to be a choke and carb cleaner but this is some potent spray!!

Cleaned my gt40p heads in diesel and brought them home still with a good amount of sludge on them, found a can of this in my garage that i had bought a long time ago, made quick work of EVERYTHING not physically attached to the heads!!

This stuff goes quick, i used 4 cans...i just let my vw carb submerged in a gallon of the stuff,i let it set for 24 hrs with the lid on,the carb is absoulutly perfect,the 2nd barrel wasn't working at all before,now works perfectly,i am a true believer in the stuff,an old biker guy told me to let a carb set in it over night it will be perfect,i tried and i am impressed.$20 a gallon though but worth every bit

Mista Bone
07-10-2007, 03:01 PM
i just let my vw carb submerged in a gallon of the stuff,i let it set for 24 hrs with the lid on,the carb is absoulutly perfect,the 2nd barrel wasn't working at all before,now works perfectly,i am a true believer in the stuff,an old biker guy told me to let a carb set in it over night it will be perfect,i tried and i am impressed.$20 a gallon though but worth every bit

Gallon can, only has 3 quarts in it :)

Gene :flipoff:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloromethane

plated
07-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Gallon can, only has 3 quarts in it :)

Gene :flipoff:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloromethaneyea,i think u drank the other quart:drunk: