PDA

View Full Version : Hey Eastsiders...

BigBadStang
07-12-2007, 12:13 AM
WTF is with people pulling dead the fuck out in front of you over there?!
for 3 days straight, i had to cover a pickup for another driver. the pickup was @ Sporty's in clermont county airport.
get off 275 and go 32 East, w/o fail, some dickhead would pull out in front of me at the last second in front of eastgate...every time!
but the worse place was @ old 74 and amelia-olive branch rd!
damn near hit someone each time coming and going the first day.
i know they can see a big brown UPS semi pulling a 48 foot trailer, but these fools waited until the last possible second to dart out in front of me!
the next 2 days i was ready for it, and it was a good thing, because it happened literally EVERY time i went through these intersections. it's not like there is a whole lot of room on old 74 to make an evasive action in an 18 wheeler, so
are these people thrill seekers, idiots, comatose, impatient, is it in the water, or do they just have a death wish?
i know everyone on the east side doent drive like this, but damn, it seems that for 3 days they were all "gunning" for me!

Mista Bone
07-12-2007, 01:41 AM
The crackheads need the insurance money!

Q: what is your normal weight when loaded? I know they don't load them to max weight, heck do you even scale out?

firestang70
07-12-2007, 06:15 AM
Try driving a big red fire truck with lights and sirens going. People COMPLETELY turn off their brains. They will pull out in front of you, try to outrun you(never works in traffic), some stop where they are, pull to the left, pull to the right so then you are weaving thru idiots. Stop right in the blind spot on hills and curves(this never fails) so you have to go left of center in a blind spot. I know I was taught in drivers ed to pull to the right and stop. Has this changed and I've never been informed? I feel your pain brother and cell phones make it worse all the time.

Blackballed
07-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Try driving a big red fire truck with lights and sirens going. People COMPLETELY turn off their brains. They will pull out in front of you, try to outrun you(never works in traffic), some stop where they are, pull to the left, pull to the right so then you are weaving thru idiots. Stop right in the blind spot on hills and curves(this never fails) so you have to go left of center in a blind spot. I know I was taught in drivers ed to pull to the right and stop. Has this changed and I've never been informed? I feel your pain brother and cell phones make it worse all the time.

Ture:agree:

bobtsgt
07-12-2007, 08:03 AM
those are some crazy intersections especially during certain hours. People just don't pay attention and figure out at the last second that "Hey I need over and this guy has the best brakes in the world" Get a little camera on the front of the truck next time, catch them on film then turn it in. They can get some nasty fines if caught.

plated
07-12-2007, 08:07 AM
WTF is with people pulling dead the fuck out in front of you over there?!
for 3 days straight, i had to cover a pickup for another driver. the pickup was @ Sporty's in clermont county airport.
get off 275 and go 32 East, w/o fail, some dickhead would pull out in front of me at the last second in front of eastgate...every time!
but the worse place was @ old 74 and amelia-olive branch rd!
damn near hit someone each time coming and going the first day.
i know they can see a big brown UPS semi pulling a 48 foot trailer, but these fools waited until the last possible second to dart out in front of me!
the next 2 days i was ready for it, and it was a good thing, because it happened literally EVERY time i went through these intersections. it's not like there is a whole lot of room on old 74 to make an evasive action in an 18 wheeler, so
are these people thrill seekers, idiots, comatose, impatient, is it in the water, or do they just have a death wish?
i know everyone on the east side doent drive like this, but damn, it seems that for 3 days they were all "gunning" for me!my dad lives on that corner old74/olivebranch,i know when i lived there i seen some horrible high speed accidents,dangerous 3 way for shure

BigBadStang
07-12-2007, 07:25 PM
The crackheads need the insurance money!

Q: what is your normal weight when loaded? I know they don't load them to max weight, heck do you even scale out?

on a 48 footer we should never be heavier than 40,000lbs (weight of packages loaded). tare (empty) weight of our 48 footers are from 14,000-15,500lbs depending on the style/age.
typically we never scale them out, and 99.9% of the time we are well under 80,000lb gross. but we do have loads that we pick up from the office depot warehouse on muhlhauser, and if they load an ass load of paper on them, then we are usually over gross. UPS pays the ticket, and you keep going to your destination hub.
i can't recall the last time we had any overweight/axle violations on a set of doubles though. hard to overload them with "common" parcel packages.
The worst part about that particular stop (sporty's) at the clermont co. airport, is that they are a hazmat shipper, and the trailer usually has quite a bit of mixed oxidizers, combustibles, and propellants, and fire extinguishers etc on there, and if you have an accident/collision the d.o.t become even a bigger pain in the ass than usual, not to mention UPS would try to find a way to blame it on me.

firestang... i know what you mean too, my father in law is a firefighter and he gets so pissed off at stupid people when he is driving the engine!

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-12-2007, 07:36 PM
'cause datz how we roll ona East Side yo.

PonymanfiveO
07-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I get angry just pulling a car trailer, I could imagine how frustrated you get.

I bet after a while you just feel like grabbing a gear and letting one of those f*#kers have it. :lol

Bluecrew07
07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Bottom line is people dont pay attention around here or they just dont care. maybe if they did there wouldnt be so many junky cars on the road. Id say a good 75% of people on the raod are horible drivers.

BigBadStang
07-12-2007, 08:52 PM
yep its the "me first and fuck you" mentality on ALL the roads these days.and you should see how pissed people get when trying to merge onto the freeway...because they expect the "friendly truck driver" to slow down and let them in during bumper to bumper crawl. in a truck, you like (and are trained) to leave some space between you and the vehicle in front of you. this gives you time to react for one, but also keeps you from having to work the damn clutch all the time starting and stopping. but most drivers will NOT allow you to maintain that "cushion", they are constantly jumping in front of you taking away your space. so sometimes i get a case of the ass and stay close to the vehicle in front of me, and they STILL almost hit me trying to force their way in. one would think that with the coverage of the recent truck/car accidents, and carnage (btw...usually the fault of the car) they wouldnt crowd a truck so much. :dunno:

Mista Bone
07-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Having worked in a warehouse loading and unloading for 20 years, I learned great respect when you have 79,500 lbs rolling down the highway.