PDA

View Full Version : flycut pistons?

87stanger
07-13-2007, 10:22 PM
has anyone flycut pistons for valve clearence or know someone who does it? I have a fairly fresh 306 with flat top pistons with pretty good valve reliefs but just not enuff clearence for my windsor sr. 2.02 valve heads. I have stock e7s on the the motor now and sure miss my sr's. should I just go back to a stock short-block for now? the motor just doesnt make much power the way it is. the stock bottom end with my windsor sr's made me alot happier. If I did pull the 306 would the .030 over block be a good strocker canidate? Would appreciate all the feedback possible?!?!?!?:cool1:

kennebellcobra
07-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I once took a wizz wheel on my old 86 and ground my own in the car:eek: I used tack rags and a shop vac and clayed everyone but it worked great and lasted for years, now I hear they have a tool that does it.

94cobra2615
07-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I've done it when I put my AFR 185's on. I rented the tool from Iskenderian Racing cams. It's not too bad of a job. You actually buy the tool, but if you want to just rent it, return it to them and they will credit you back minus a rental fee ($60.00 bucks I think).

Isky tells you to get one size tool bigger than your valves. That didn't work on mine. I had to get 2 sizes bigger for the proper width/clearance. My advice is to get 2 sizes larger tool than your valve if you do it yourself.

I used the tool with a ratchet and cut all 8 of them by hand. Did a great job.