PDA

View Full Version : Err.....No Power and I'm dragging a cable...help

PaulFiveOh
07-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Sounds simple right?

Well, I think it is, and I'm just a moron.

But here is what I know:

Went to start car, didnt start on the first few cranks, let off but then cranked again when it was just stopping from the original crank, and then nothing. Lost all electrical.

I look under the car and a large gauge cable with a fitting on the end is hanging down. I immediately assume it is from my starter and dont wanna mess with it so I tow it home.

I go to dick around with it yesterday and I see there are two bolts on the starter (solenoid) the one that is attached to the starter it self, I touch the cable to each bolt with the ignition on but I get no response.

Too add to all the confusion, the car at one point, had a rear battery setup.

Where should I start trouble shooting? engine is a 302w in a 93 fox

Thanks!

My plan is just to verify voltage on the batt, then to the fender solenoid but then where....?

PaulFiveOh
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
any advice?

92BlackStang
07-15-2007, 08:19 PM
so whats it doin car just not turning over are you gettin anything when you try to start a click or anything or is it just dead

PaulFiveOh
07-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Completely dead. No juice any where.

ibstrokin
07-15-2007, 11:04 PM
If there's no voltage anywhere, make sure the batt has voltage and that the cable in connected from the batt. to the solenoid. If it has had the batt in the rear, make sure your ground is connected from the batt to the block.

PaulFiveOh
07-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Good deal, just logically thinking about it: The cable im dragging is probably a chassis ground cable.
I swear, the electrical system in my car was pieced together from Radioshack....lol

kathyp408
07-18-2007, 09:41 PM
send me a pm and i can stop by and give you a hand on figuring this out if you like.

PaulFiveOh
07-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Well mamn, thank you.

I will drop you a PM momentarily. Thats very kind of you!

kathyp408
07-21-2007, 01:22 PM
i have time tomorrow (sunday) if you're still trying to figure it out