PDA

View Full Version : 03/04 Cobra exhaust suggestions

steeda50
07-15-2007, 08:17 PM
looking for X pipe and mufflers. not sure about changing the tailpipes as of now. any suggestions on which ones to go with? thanks

5.0calypso93lx
07-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Borla stinger is my favoreite sounding cat back.

ffmueller81
07-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Depends on the sound you are looking for...

I have Magnaflow catted X and catback and it has an "exotic" sound that is fairly quiet at idle and fairly loud when getting on it..

do you want it to be really thoaty???? really loud???

There is so many differnt sounds out there.

The board is down right now, but when it comes up, register and log in to hear a lot of different set-ups.

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/

08 Vette
07-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Bassani sounds great! That's what I had on my 01 and 03 Cobra! Corsa sounds real nice also! But they are not cheap.

bascom123
07-15-2007, 10:18 PM
i have magnaflow catted x pipe and basanni catback, loud and a bit raspy. These are things of personal preference, i suggets you go to soem car shows and hear what people have.

Black Hole
07-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm running an offroad Bassani X and a Bassani catback and I love the sound. Come out and I'll let ya hear mine.....I'll have it out tomorrow night up at Crossroads in White Oak (check out the Hangin Out forum).

FYI - I also have a catted Bassani X pipe in the garage that I'm selling if you're interested.

Matt.

steeda50
07-16-2007, 05:44 AM
thanks guys...I'm definitely going NO CATS for the X-pipe. guess I'll have to hear what people have to get a better idea.

any prices on these. seems like Summit doesn't carry much for this car

Black Hole
07-16-2007, 08:31 AM
thanks guys...I'm definitely going NO CATS for the X-pipe. guess I'll have to hear what people have to get a better idea.

any prices on these. seems like Summit doesn't carry much for this car
Bassani is one of the more expensive brands out there.....not too many places around here carry them either.

I got the catback for my 01 Cobra from Dallasmustang.com (I think...). That car already had the Bassani off-road X on it when I bought it.

I got the Bassani off-road X through a hookup.....and the guy who is now out of the Mustang business....The car already had the Bassani Catback and catted X when I bought it off of Tim (LR 01 Cobra).

ffmueller81
07-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I got my exhaust through Ninosport.com

Also have sound clips of the exhaust on there. Pretty wide selection of manufactures.

http://www.ninosport.com/Mustang/1996-04-Mustang-Cobra-Exhaust

Black Hole
07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I got my exhaust through Ninosport.com

Also have sound clips of the exhaust on there. Pretty wide selection of manufactures.

http://www.ninosport.com/Mustang/1996-04-Mustang-Cobra-Exhaust
Your car sounds pretty wicked when you're in the burnout box! Gotta love that blower whine. :bigthumb

I was hoping that we'd get a pass against each other.....you were leaving really well! :bigthumb :bigthumb

I hear that my blower is even louder, but since I'm in the car with the windows up and a helmet on, I really can't hear it. :dunno:

I guess I need someone to take some vid of my ride. ;)

ffmueller81
07-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Your car sounds pretty wicked when you're in the burnout box! Gotta love that blower whine. :bigthumb

I was hoping that we'd get a pass against each other.....you were leaving really well! :bigthumb :bigthumb

I hear that my blower is even louder, but since I'm in the car with the windows up and a helmet on, I really can't hear it. :dunno:

I guess I need someone to take some vid of my ride. ;)

Yep, a cold air intake will really amplify the blower whine.

I thought your whine was a little more subtle, but that could be because of your louder exhaust.:smokin:

Black Hole
07-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Yep, a cold air intake will really amplify the blower whine.

I thought your whine was a little more subtle, but that could be because of your louder exhaust.:smokin:
:dunno: Who knows?

I don't really have a CAI right now....just a big ole K&N in front of the stock MAF.

I'm gonna pick up one of JLT's big-air setups, but I just haven't had time to order it lately.