PDA

View Full Version : Boston Butt

92coupe
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
They are located in Ross across from the IGA. We stopped there lastnight on the way home from Tri State Very good food and excellent service.

They had really good pulled pork sandwich they do not skimp on the food either. Fried pickles and mushrooms were pretty damn good as well.

If you are going ro or coming from Tri State stop in a check them out. You wont be dissapointed. :bigthumb

mustangboy
07-16-2007, 12:57 AM
What the hell kind of name is Boston Butt? I hope that was just a misprint cause I don't think butt from anywhere would taste very good.

Mista Bone
07-16-2007, 01:07 AM
it's the old Ival's Ice Cream place, now called Boston Butz.

Boston Butt is a cut of pork, very suitible for smoking, I usually buy mine boneless.

12-14 hours using only one burner on a gas grill and a smoke box.

Damnit, now I'm hungry!

Paul always spoke highly or Art's BBQ on Struble, I've never been there.

PS: I blame a SBZer for egtting me started smoking. Forgive me I can't remember his name.

Mr.Moontang
07-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I have been going there for years the food there rocks!!!

Black Horse
07-16-2007, 09:24 AM
I like Boston's (it is at least close to home)....but if I have a choice I'll take Big Art's that Bone mentioned....and by the way, the place is a secret, I don't want anyone to find out where they are ;)

Gene
07-16-2007, 09:28 AM
I have been going there for years the food there rocks!!!

Same here. Luckily, I have a couple of clients out that way, so I have an excuse to drive out there to eat lunch. :)

Walt's BBQ on Colerain is also really good. Unfortunately, the one that I really liked was Jimmy's BBQ up by Craig's, but they closed a few months ago.

Best BBQ I've ever had though is Maurice's down in Columbia, South Carolina. They have a mustard-based sauce that kicks the ass of any tomato-based sauce out there. It's well worth ordering a few bottles to try it out. http://www.mauricesbbq.com/

Jeff88coupe
07-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Another very good smoked BBQ place is Pit-to-Plate over on Compton just off Hamilton ave. Very good eats.

92coupe
07-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Jim Dandy's in Sharonville on Sharon rd is pretty tasty as well.

I was thinking for something close to Tri State that it was a good place to stop in on the way home.

MrsAPE
07-17-2007, 09:04 PM
We're gonna have to try that!! Fried pickles..yum!