PDA

View Full Version : Question

1badasp
07-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Guys, my '96 cobra has some issues. To make a long story short, once my car hits about 3200 rpm it loses all power in the engine. Just recently its started acting like that prior to hitting the 3200 rpm mark. Like the engine is bogging down. Like it isnt getting the air/fuel needed. I just replaced the secondary fuel pump, plugs and wires. Its equiped with a NOS Injection Kit #5171. Other mods are listed in my sig. I've had some guys suggest the throttle positioning sensor.

Any suggestions or comments would be appriciated.

05yellowgt
07-16-2007, 10:59 AM
It is your IMRC's that have gotten all gunked up and are not opening like they should. Either that or the motor that powers them has gone bad. Personally I would remove them from the car and rip the butterflies and rod out of them and reinstall. You will lose some part throttle response but you will never have to worry about them getting stuck in the closed position ever again. You will need to retune for this if you decide to do it BTW.

venomous_svt
07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
+1 on the imrc's...you should be throwing a dtc for them being stuck closed...P1519 or something to that effect...If you open up the hood and rev the car you should see the 2 cables located at the back of the intake running down behind the throttle cables move at 3250...if they arent bingo...Could be a bad IMRC motor controller. Try running seafoam through the PVC valve and see if that helps...if it does..you definitely wanna crack open the intake and clean/delete them...But if you delete them you will need to tune for it. Here is a step by step breakdown of cleaning them...http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/tech/IMRC_Cleaning.pdf
Also as a side note clean the MAF, IAT and IAC. All of this should help, if it doesnt head to MD.

1badasp
07-16-2007, 01:58 PM
right now, no check engine light is on, but, with the info that you guys are giving me, it sounds dead on. Thanks so much for the info. I really appriciate the input