PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU for the well wishes and Prayers

Maximus
07-18-2007, 12:10 AM
My Pup Bodie was hit by a car Monday night. Somehow he got off his lead and went roaming. When we went outside to get him, he wasnt there. So I grabbed the flashlight and went looking. When he heard us calling he was across a busy street and didnt make it back to us. I heard the tires and heard the smack. My heart sank and off I ran to my lil buddy. He was yelping in the middle of the street and cars were going around him. I kindly mentioned to one of the FN cars to FN stop while the wife went to get my truck. I scooped Bodie up and placed him in the back seat. It was the longest drive to the Wilder Animal Hospital.

QUICK NOTE, EVERYONE with a pet, make sure you know where a 24 hour Vet Hospital is. I frantically called Dedpedal to see where one was. My wife only knew of the one over in Ohio, Redbank. I was afraid Bodie wouldnt make it that far.

So we found our way to the Hospital and Bodie was in shock and I could tell he was banged up. I wasnt sure how bad, but I knew it wasnt good.
The Doc did a pre check and I signed all kinds of papers. After an hour or so, they told me to come back at 7 to pick him up and take him to my vet.

THANKS KEVIN for coming down and hangin out.

So this morning I was hit with some bad news from the Doc. She was afraid he had broken his back...I was crushed. He also has a BAD broken "Elbo" and slight fracture on his other limb.
FN GREAT.:(

So I load Bodie up and haul him to my Vet. he doesnt open till 9, so Bodie and me sat there in his parking lot. Bodie just laid there and I was so FN upset that I couldnt do anything for him.
Finally, they open and in we go. The Doc does a pre-check on him and tells me that he wants to get him some more fluids and some steroids to reduce the swelling. Bodie was not moving his rear paws, but when the vet pinched them, Bodie would flinch. So at least that was one good sign. he talked some more and I finally ended up leaving Bodie there.

FAST Forward.....Wife calls at 3pm. Hes doing better and NO broken spine!! WOHOO!!! Now we can fix the other parts, he has a chance now!!!
So Bodie goes under the knife tomorrow to fix the broke limbs. The nurses aid went in tonight to check on him and she said he is doing GREAT considering what he went threw.

So in the morning we are gonna take him a couple of his toys and hang out with him till he goes to surgery....HOPEFULLY we can have him home Thursday!!!!!!:)

So again THANK YOU to all you who has sent well wishes or prayers to Bodie. We along with him, appreciate it so much.:)

Craig & family

BUHBYY
07-18-2007, 12:20 AM
damn brother I wil keep you and all the family in or prayers !! you need anything ???

Mista Bone
07-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Craig, a little further north, C.A.R.E. is open 24 hours.

http://www.carecentervets.com/

6995 East Kemper Road, it's off the Reed Hartman exit. It's my drop off point for my vet speciman pick up route.

Good luck and best wishes for your "buddy" Bodie.

Rich
07-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Good luck to Bodie. He sounds like a tough little pup!

PonymanfiveO
07-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Wow....I am so glad to hear this! He seem s like he is gonna do just fine.

Damn it Craig, I was woried sick all day. I was going to call you, but I was afraid to bug you if the worst had happened. :(

Glad its looking up, and I'll continue to pray for lil guy. :)

ibstrokin
07-18-2007, 12:48 AM
I am happy to hear he is doing better. Alot of people who don't have animals cant understand how attatched you can get to your pet. I hope he makes a full recovery, keep us posted.

DeckerEnt
07-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Good to hear that. I was worried. The vet in wilder is good. Best wishes...
Keith

Mista Bone
07-18-2007, 01:19 AM
I don't have a pet because I'm not around enough to be with them.....you can't just leave them locked up in a house alone, or chained to a doghouse.

the tires, the smack, the yelping.........I'd be a balling mess.

I kindly mentioned to one of the FN cars to FN stop

I doubt it was kindly!

Alot of people who don't have animals cant understand how attatched you can get to your pet.

They are like a child, a part of your soul.

Paul408Notch
07-18-2007, 02:33 AM
I went through a similar situation with Vicky, but luckily she didn't have anything broken, it just cut her up really badly.

It's one of the worst feelings, but I guess the only positive is that she NEVER ran away after that.

Glad he's getting through it ok though. Good luck with everything.

Katmandu
07-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Glad he's going to make it Craig! :bigthumb

I have (2) dogs myself and could live without them. :cool2:

dedpedal
07-18-2007, 06:24 AM
Thats good news Craig. Ive been worried since Monday. Ill keep pulling for him.

stangman_5
07-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Sorry to hear that man. A dog truly is a mans best friend, Glad he is gonna pull through.

Evil_Capri
07-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Best wishes for Bodie!!

orangedemon331
07-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Wow....I just seen this, I hope the little guy is gonna be ok(he is so cute). If you need anything just call me! You are in my prayers

bobtsgt
07-18-2007, 07:50 AM
damn bud that sucks. hope the little guy pulls through ok

Mr.Moontang
07-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Wow....I am so glad to hear this! He seem s like he is gonna do just fine.

Damn it Craig, I was woried sick all day. I was going to call you, but I was afraid to bug you if the worst had happened. :(

Glad its looking up, and I'll continue to pray for lil guy. :)

Same here Craig i'm glad things are looking up.

CAPRISTANG
07-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Sorry to here this. He's a strong pup, he'll make it just keep prayin.Keep us posted..

Holly
07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm glad he's doing better Craig, I was thinking about him last night. What a helpless feeling to see your pet in pain.

You know how Vinny and I were when our cat got hit while you, Shawna, Kevin, and Amy were hanging out around our pool on the 4th of July two years ago. Unfortunately, we lost Benny, he died instantly, I cried for days over that damn cat. But I ended up getting Rudy, he's my little buddy.

I'm SO glad he is going to be okay! He's the cutest pup, I love the way his ears turn when you yell his name.

JonS
07-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Good luck I hope all goes well. I have always been really attached to my pets and it just kills you when something happens to them. It sounds like you have good people working on him.

bestracing
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Sorry to hear of your pain and trouble that you've gone through Craig and glad to hear that your pup is doing okay and is going to be alright.

Take Care Bud!

Jaylynn
07-18-2007, 08:51 AM
...Sorry that happened Craig !!! But I'm glad things seem to be going better & wishing your pup a speedy recovery!

For anyone interested - Grady Veternairy (that's not spelled right..) is in Finnytown area on Winton Rd. They are really awesome - they are our 'normal' vet & they're open 24hrs a day. It's always nice to know they're there. (it's a 30 min drive for us but we still go there)

Black Hole
07-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Glad to hear that he's gonna be alright. :bigthumb

I'll only take my girls to Red Bank unless it's a severe emergency where I'll take em to Colerain (but only if it's so bad that I can't make it to Red Bank.....I don't trust the fuggers at Colerain).

Gene
07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Glad to know that the little guy is going to pull through. I didn't know about it until we talked yesterday evening.

Craig, a little further north, C.A.R.E. is open 24 hours.

http://www.carecentervets.com/

+1 on C.A.R.E.

The did an awesome job when my dog got really sick (lung disease) a few years back.

Maximus
07-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks everyone.:)

We went and saw him this morning. He was happy to see us. I brought him his favorite chew Giraffe and fuzzy bone so that perked him up a bit. We could tell he is still in some pain. BUT considering everything, he looks GREAT.

His operation is later today, the vet has 4 to do and he wants to save Bodies for last so he doesnt have to rush. The Elbo is goning to take quite a bit of reconstruction to get back to somewhat normal. Hopefully everything goes allright. Ill keep everyone informed:)

noslo50stang
07-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Hey bud, you know I lost my previuos dog Rockie not too long ago, I hope he does well and everything works out for him.

Turd
07-18-2007, 11:31 AM
:( Hope everything works out.

Carl
07-18-2007, 12:01 PM
You gonna rename him Lucky now? J/K

R825OH
07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Well wishes for Bodie

MrsAPE
07-18-2007, 04:32 PM
wow. glad he's pulling through ok. how you holding up?!

Stangman
07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Glad your lil guy is doin ok Craig... Last time we took our dog Buddy to Redbank... we had to put him asleep :(

had a stroke and couldnt stand... wasnt the same...

A black lab that lived about 15 years aint bad...

Maximus
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Well, the operation was a success. The pins and screws in his elbo seem to be working right. He will be staying another night so hopefully he will be home tomorrow.:)

kennebellcobra
07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Hope all goes well with Bodie:angel:

ricmcusa
07-18-2007, 05:14 PM
I am really sorry to hear this Craig. I hope he is ok. It reminds me of my rott. I got him as a pup. Full blooded male. My now ex wife made me go to a trainer. The first thing that me and Alex learned was a full down, He claimed it could save the dogs life. I lived on a busy highway. Alex was a year old. He took off towards the road after a rabbit. I yelled Alex down as loud as I could. He dropped to the ground in the ditch by the road. Good thing a semi was going by at this time.
I couldn't believe he laid down like that. He was running full steam. But it saved him. Sorry for such a long post.

dedpedal
07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Hes gonna be a handful for the next few weeks. Its good to hear that things are going to be ok. Keep us posted.

MRGRIMM
07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Bodie sounds like a tuff lil pup! Awesome that he is doing better!

R825OH
07-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Glad to hear the good news

JonS
07-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well.:bigthumb

tmotorsports
07-18-2007, 11:38 PM
That awesome craig.I'am glad to hear he is doing well Hope you get him home tomorrow so he can rest and recuperate.

PonymanfiveO
07-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Yes! Robo-Bodie!

take care of lil pup. ;)

Carl
07-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Good to hear Craig!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Mista Bone
07-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Grady Vet is on my partners route.......

no cracker update.....be good!

Steves LX
07-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Sorry to hear about that Craig but from the sounds of it everythings looking up now. I am happy to hear he's going to pull thru this.

REDHOTGTGIRL
07-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Aw, poor Bodie! Craig I am so sorry to hear this. I have two little dogs that I just adore and I can't imagine how I'd be if something like that happened to them. We live right on Beechmont and don't have a fence, so I am scared to death about them accidentally getting out someday and heading for the street. They are indoor dogs and only go out on leashes, but I still worry. Anyway, I am really sorry about what happened, but it sounds like he will be okay. Do you have any updates? I'll keep your little pup in mind.

Maximus
07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
WOHOOO!!!!
My Boy Bodie is HOME!!!! Hes a bit beat up, but him and his blue casted leg are sleepin on the floor.:D

Thanks again to everyone for the prayers and well wishes!!!:bigthumb

Mr.Moontang
07-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow thats good news Craig!!!

dedpedal
07-19-2007, 11:34 PM
I got the message from Cracker Box about 3 pm today. I was out there a couple streets away for work.
Im so happy hes back and doing better. let me know if we can do anything to make him ease thru it.
kev

mustangboy
07-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Glad to hear he's home and doing well. He didn't get one of those cool doggie walkers did he? :lol:

DeckerEnt
07-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Great to hear Craig. Things will be back to normal in no time.
Keith

88ssp
07-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Glad to hear he's OK, Craig. Snap a pic of robodog and let's see that blue cast.

Holly
07-20-2007, 07:21 AM
WOHOOO!!!!
My Boy Bodie is HOME!!!! Hes a bit beat up, but him and his blue casted leg are sleepin on the floor.:D

Thanks again to everyone for the prayers and well wishes!!!:bigthumb

Yay! Bodie is home! He's a cool dog, that's for sure.

He is going to be one spoiled dog! :coo1:

VuNiT3
07-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Glad to hear he is gonna be alright:bigthumb I know I'd be lost if anything happened to my puppies.

Mista Bone
07-20-2007, 04:26 PM
as if Bodie wasn't spoiled enough :)

MsBlkramair
07-22-2007, 04:47 AM
Oh that poor little guy! I had no idea (i haven't been on in a few days). I am so sorry about what happened. Sounds like he's a tough little dog. Good for you for working so hard to make sure he gets all the medical care he needs. glad that things worked out and he is home with his family. Take good care of him!

REDHOTGTGIRL
07-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Yay! I'm glad he's home and hope he heals well and is back to normal soon.