PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaahhh...Gosh Darned Puddle!!!!

PonymanfiveO
07-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I cant believe it!:mad:

So I leave the house today round three pm, headed for Cincy Speed.
I get to I471 north and the heavens let loose the rain. It rained HARD!
I probably should have pulled over, but Im not a puss. I kept driving about 20mph and crossed the bridge into Ohio. As I make my way around the on ramp to Ft. Washington Way, there is a massive puddle from where the road couldnt drain off fast enough. This puddle was huge! I hit it in my Honda and I started floating!:eek: The only thing I could think to do is to grab a gear and keep going. I pounded 2nd gear and stood on it. Thats where it all ended...

The car dies and I pushed the clutch in and coasted (floated) to the bank of the lake I was in. I ended up right smack dead in the middle of the on ramp in heavy traffic. Theres semi's and people flying around me in the pouring rain and water splashing everywhere and Im waiting to get hit by some moron.
A young guy stopped and helped me push it out of traffic and onto the emergency lane. Jennifer was just getting off work and came and scooped me up in the Big Pimp Ram. I called Craig Storn and he jumped into action and had the trailer hooked to his tow rig before we got there. We ended up loading it up onto the trailer in rush hour traffic, but it wasnt too hatefull.

We got it back to Travis' garage and pulled the spark plugs out of it and tried to crank it over...nothing.:confused:
So we pushed it up the hill and tried to roll start it to see if it would break loose. When I dumped the clutch it just skidded the tires. damn son, its locked tight!
We pulled the air box out and it was full of water. Pulled the dip stick out and the crank case is full of water too! shit.

So Im guessing it hydrolocked so hard that it bent all the rods against the block.:(

what a day. I just wanted to go to Cincy Speed.:(

Guess I'll start looking for a motor.
If anyone wants to help me out, its a '95 Civic DX
The motor is a 16 valve non VTEC and the code on the front of the block is D15 B7

Thanks.

Jeff88coupe
07-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Talk to Mista

dedpedal
07-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Call Charles, he'll be in charge!

MrsAPE
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
oh that sucks!! sorry that happened.

cstreu1026
07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
That sucks, but at least Mista might be good for something in this situation.

bcoh5gt
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Soooo you were "that asshole" sorry to hear that. Glad you are o.k., that is a dangerous situation to be in at that time of day.

kennebellcobra
07-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Man, talk about a bad day!

chris91
07-19-2007, 09:26 PM
That sucks bud. Well one good thing is, that is one of the cheapest honda engines and fairly common to find since guys are swapping them out for bigger.

ponymom05
07-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Matt, let me know if you need to drive something other than the Big Pimp Ra. I have lots of vehicles in the stable.

Cathy

ponymom05
07-19-2007, 10:54 PM
AAAGGGHHH Why won't this double - now triple - post delete?? This computer is smarter than me so off to bed I must go before I have to start my own rant on the stupidity of my fingers and mistyping a word, trying to correct it, double posting and not being able to do a simple, obvious task like deleting a message.

PonymanfiveO
07-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Soooo you were "that asshole" sorry to hear that. Glad you are o.k., that is a dangerous situation to be in at that time of day.

Whats that suposed to mean?:confused:

dedpedal
07-19-2007, 11:42 PM
AAAGGGHHH Why won't this double - now triple - post delete?? This computer is smarter than me so off to bed I must go before I have to start my own rant on the stupidity of my fingers and mistyping a word, trying to correct it, double posting and not being able to do a simple, obvious task like deleting a message.

damnit Cathy, you know we got your bases covered. Dont get up in a bind over it. Trust me, it aint worth it (aint aint a word according to Webster).

DeckerEnt
07-20-2007, 12:16 AM
I was coming back from Cincy speed about that time. The rain was coming down in buckets and the lightning looked to be hitting the light poles around me. Doing 20 or less on 75 south into Ky sucks. Seems I had it better that you though. Hope you get it fixed on the cheap.
Keith

RACEME
07-20-2007, 05:36 AM
You might see if Craig can get you in touch with Joe'e. He did tons of swaps and probably has one of those motors in a pile.

1_slo_92
07-20-2007, 06:28 AM
you can buy a d15 for next to nothing. If you need help with the swap im game as long as you make it worth my drive (some beer maybe LoL) But anyways usually it takes me a hour and a half to do a full swap as long as the tranny cooperates. LMK also post up on csr for the motor, or pm me I have an account.

Holly
07-20-2007, 07:41 AM
I am just glad you are okay Matt.

VuNiT3
07-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Poor Matt was soaking wet when I got there to pick him up. I told him if he couldn't get his car onto the shoulder, to just get out of it in case someone came around the bend and hit him. I was driving as fast as I could to get there, but damn it was really pouring when I left work. 52 is pretty bad about water sitting on the road too. Thanks Craigels for being there at the drop of a hat!! I'm glad Matt has the friends that he does.

dedpedal
07-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Matt was better than OK last night at Dickmanns, he was feeling pretty good, in fact I think he was high on life!

chuck
07-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Glad your alright dude!!! I have a 1.8L non-vtec "big block swap":rolleyes: you can put in it!!!!!!!!

Carl
07-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Good to hear your ok buddy. I know your hating life driving the gas hog.

Mista Bone
07-20-2007, 04:18 PM
sorry Matt, I was "away" last night.......

Magic Rod Theory, swap the motor. The rods went bent will destroy the lower ends of the sleeves. Esp. the weak D15 rods.

Del Slo's float nicely as well.

I'd see if BnME in park hills has a left over........

and when your ready, I have a bolt-on package worth about 30 whp, 85-115....then a custom geared gearbox.......makes this little shitboxes more "fun".

bcoh5gt
07-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Whats that suposed to mean?:confused:

LOL, I was'nt being a dick. I come home that way and traffic going south was backed up getting on 471 from FtWW the only thing I could tell was everyone was rubbernecking at the slow traffic on bridge going north:bigthumb

Mista Bone
07-21-2007, 01:19 AM
can I post now?

Mista Bone
07-21-2007, 01:24 AM
Good to hear your ok buddy. I know your hating life driving the gas hog.

posting issues due to the database.......dunno what is up

PonymanfiveO
07-21-2007, 10:22 AM
you can buy a d15 for next to nothing. If you need help with the swap im game as long as you make it worth my drive (some beer maybe LoL) But anyways usually it takes me a hour and a half to do a full swap as long as the tranny cooperates. LMK also post up on csr for the motor, or pm me I have an account.

Dude I can use all the help I can get...at least finding one.

Your right it does look to be very simple. I dont even think I'll break out the engine crane for this job. Im sure two people can lift it out no problem.
Im going to go ahead and put a clutch in it while its out also.

If you got any leads on a motor let me know please!
Matt J. (859) 240-5955

Mista Bone
07-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Honda's float?????

BTW with the boad messed up I was unable to reply.

Bottom end is junk, Honda rods when they "bend" wipe out the lower end of the sleeves.

What intake did you have on it (not stock) that allowed you to suck up water, where you running the right fender liner?

Your not lift 320 lbs out, it has to be slightly tilted to come out anyways.

NOW all the posts show up.............

PonymanfiveO
07-22-2007, 03:17 AM
I have a stock air box with a hole punched in the bottom of it. :D

Im not interested in any performance mods really. Its just an economy car so I can put money to the stang instead of fuel. ;)

Thanks man. If you hear of a good motor laying around, give me a shout.

Mista Bone
07-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Matt, what if you got both?????

+30 whp (85 whp to 115 whp) and when driven smoothly could get 45-50 mpg?

My best was 610 miles from one tank and then dynoed at Raceline and laid down 121 whp which is about 128-129 whp on a dynojet, stock D15B7 gets 85-90 whp, but that was with a Crane "lumpy" cam that need a little more than stock 9.2:1 compression......like 12:1 or better :)

I'll keep and eye out on a bottom end......how many miles on the motor/tranny? ISB (Input Shaft Bearing) is the first to fail if you don't abuse the shifter forks (like a T5) and fairly easy to do once tranny is out.

Silver Bullet
07-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Funny you mention it, I went across there about a week ago after a big rain, Artimis had it on there signs, Caution high water..... they must be having problems with that drain.

PonymanfiveO
07-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Does anyone know how I could get ahold of the Cincinnati Road department?

Im gonna call and see if I can get some money outa them for a new motor.

Hell it works with tires and potholes!

pegasus
07-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know how I could get ahold of the Cincinnati Road department?

Im gonna call and see if I can get some money outa them for a new motor.

Hell it works with tires and potholes!

and body kits

pegasus
07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
swapin fun http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/winkysrides/CRXV8.jpg

PonymanfiveO
07-23-2007, 06:24 PM
swapin fun http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/winkysrides/CRXV8.jpg

:HYF:

Black Hole
07-23-2007, 10:51 PM
There was a Honda Accord running around the westside a year or two ago with a RWD Chevy 350 in it.....

It was for sale over on the import boards a year or two ago...

chris91
07-23-2007, 11:25 PM
There was a Honda Accord running around the westside a year or two ago with a RWD Chevy 350 in it.....

It was for sale over on the import boards a year or two ago...

lol I just so happen to still have pics from that on this cpu.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/blown94ls/tubbed_accord2.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/blown94ls/tubbed_accord1.jpg

Too bad I dont have the engine shots anymore. I remember seeing it at a cruise in back when they had them at Cobblewood Plaza.

Mista Bone
07-24-2007, 02:03 AM
it was sold several times on EBay.