PDA

View Full Version : what would you guys do? a little long.

beefcake
07-21-2007, 11:49 PM
okay, with buying the shelby, i really can't afford the car and the bike,

too much toy $$,

i waited to sell the bike until after i sold the car, because if i couldn't sell the car, no point in selling the bike, sold the car, listed the bike, then sold it

i paid $11,500 for the turbo busa which is about going rate, put a new tire on the back, and put an air shifter on it, so now i'm about $12,200 in the bike

guy gives me a deposit, we agree on $10,750, he emails me a week later and says that he talked to someone that said i agreed to sell it to him for 10k, i said thats not true, no biggee, he's got a great deal

so, a few days later, he says he talked to a guy about my bike, and it's got painted parts on it, swingarm etc...., i'm like ok?, he's like why didn't you tell me about painted parts? i'm like, cuz thats how the bike came, duh? anyway, he wants $500 off for the painted parts, i'm like i need to move it to get rid of the payment, whatever, fine, lets just get this done

problem now is the guy is complaing that there is some cracks in the header pipe and he wants some more money back

i only bought the bike 3 1/2 months ago, took it to the shop that put the bike together, he dyno tuned it for pump gas instead of race gas to 251rwhp.

i only put 800 miles on the bike the whole time i had it, anyway, the bike ran perfect and felt fast as hell, a buddy called, told me that this chopper shop down the street was having a dyno contest for plaques and money, he said come down here and smoke everyone,

i go down, the bike makes 147rwhp, now, there dyno is only rated for 200 hp anyway, so i'm like, you guys are idiots, the bike is making 8psi of boost, and it drives perfect, so i sucked up the $20 hit and moved on, i figured it was spinning on the dyno or something

i never thought anything else about it as the bike was just stupid fast, i rode the bike for 300 miles on a 7 hour ride with gene and it was flawless

anyway the guy that bought it says that he thinks it'd down on power (he's had turbo bikes before), i mentioned what happended on the dyno day, but never thought anything about it because the drivability was perfect

so, he says he needs $1700 bucks for a new header, labor and dyno time,

i'm like no fing way, i've already taken a frikin 2k hit in 3 1/2 months.

of course he's bitching all over suzukihayabusa.org that i knew it had problems and didn't tell him, and thats' simply not true, he even bitched about the painted parts that i knocked $550 off for.

now, he says he'll take the cost of the header which is $650,

i really don't know what to do, i've already been bathed on this thing in less than 4 months, i bought the bike in good faith, i sold the bike in good faith, the bike rode the same the day i bought it as the day i sold it.

he's already threating lawyers and stuff talking about lemon laws in new york, i'm like, you bought the bike in ohio not new york, i just really don't know where it ends, he says he'll be happy with the price of the header, but how do i know it ends there, the guys on the busa boards appear mixed as the last bike he bought he griped up and down about it, and they feel that 10,200 was super cheap for a turbo bike, other guys are saying that the pipe can be fixed in their opinion,

he's saying he already had the pipe at 3 shops today and they say no way it can be fixed.

give me your input guys

FireStang02
07-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna have to say I would tell him to screw off. Its like any other thing you buy used. AS IS. What would the dealer you work at tell someone who came in claiming the same thing happened to a car they bought.

You have already given the guy a killer deal and it was in fact sold as used. I wouldn't give him one more penny.

beefcake
07-22-2007, 12:04 AM
his thing is he keeps saying, i knew and didn't say,

but thats not true, i really thought the bike was fine, gene will tell you, i loved that frikin thing

he says i should have definately dynoed it somewhere else when it came up low, but 500 miles earlier it was dyno tuned on a dyno rated for the kind of hp my bike was supposed to be making, by one of the most competent turbo tuners out there, same guy that built the bike for the guy i bought it from,

i'd be like me having ken dyno tune my car, car running perfect, and taking to joe schmoe dyno day where they just got a dyno 3 days ago, and them telling me my power is low,

why would i take their word for it over his

Maximus
07-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Cmon guy, you are a car salesman. You "screw" people over everyday:lol:...Tell him to go take a long walk on a short pier:HYF:
J/K:)

How come people in the east are always complaining about something.:rolleyes:
YOU obvious didnt realize the part was damaged. (If you did, then shame on you) You made good on the other things the guy was bitching about, so hes trying to get some more $$ from ya.
Tell him to have a nice day and move on.

Carl
07-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Tell him to shove off. You didn't know about it, that's all there is to it. The bike was sold as is!

DeckerEnt
07-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Be understanding to this guy but tell him to take a leap. You gave him a great deal and then sweetened the deal when he bitched about it. Used stuff is just that. Used. No warranty. Be done with it and enjoy the Shelby.
Just my .02
Keith

Paul408Notch
07-22-2007, 12:57 AM
I have to say... If I bought the bike and found there was a problem I didn't know about, I'd be pretty ticked off too. If you knew it was down on power and didn't tell him, that's a bit shady. I guess it's just hard to say because we're only hearing your side of the story. I'm not trying to call you a liar or anything Beef, but you just can't tell. He sounds like a total wanker though if he's bitching about painted parts and made you drop cash off for that.

That being said, why can't he just pull the header off and have the cracks welded up?

Rick93coupe
07-22-2007, 01:08 AM
First off, your not talking about a stock bike anymore. Its been changed into a power monster, which is exactly why the guy wanted it. If it was stock you wouldn't expect there to be any major problems for yrs and yrs. The guy is obviously a bitcher and no matter what you've done so far hasn't been enough. Who the hell complains about painted parts anyway? I would never have come off the price a dime for that nonsense. He bought the bike as is, he's having the same problems everyone has when they start making more power except he wants you to pay so he can play. I'd tell him to have a coke and a smile!

ricks_85_gt
07-22-2007, 02:25 AM
he bought the bike, there for anything that is wrong with it is now his problem thats how it works besides he is prolly dumb and broke it himself and just wants to blame someone else and since you sold it to him you are the target for his dumbness. tell him to take a flyin F### and role it into a doughnut.

ibstrokin
07-22-2007, 02:54 AM
It was his job to inspect the bike and make a decision on whether or not to purchase. So basically, he's complaining that he didn't know what he was looking at. Cut this guy off like a dead arm, let him sue you, he doesn't have a case. If you keep giving this vulture money he'll still be coming back 2 yrs from now when he crashes it, Citing " its Beef's fault, these brake pads he put on here won't stop the bike in 10' from 200mph".

1_slo_92
07-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Just think WWJJS!

WHYTRY
07-22-2007, 03:20 AM
shit if i knew you were going to go that low i would have got it. i think someone is just trying to get something for nothing like most people do. as is id say.

Mista Bone
07-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Beef, you've sold enough cars and toys, you know he's trying to dick you over. If he failed to inspect the bike/car fully when looking at it, then trailered it to a shop to give it a look over......then upon final payment he cries more?

Refund deposit and walk away from the sale.

Cliff notes........

Grow some balls and kick this asshole to the side.

So fucking what you might have had an agreement with someone else at $10k, but he put a deposit on a $10.75k deal. he agreed to the amount.

That would be like Paul offering his black notch to Craig for $16k, but agreed on $17.5k......should I be mad at Paul at Paul for offering someone else a lower price and me willing to pay the higher price?

Fictional about me/Paul/Craig, but you get the idea.

I know your wanting to protect your name and repuation on the boards.......but sometimes you have to tell them go screw yourself.

Now if you new the parts were broke, I believe still as a private seller it's still buyer beware.

You know, this buyer almost sounds like a ex-wife......always wanting more.....

Paul408Notch
07-22-2007, 05:06 AM
It was his job to inspect the bike and make a decision on whether or not to purchase. So basically, he's complaining that he didn't know what he was looking at.

Somehow I totally forgot he would have inspected it before he bought it.

I guess I just don't know about the whole thing. If Beefy really knew the bike was down on power, then it's shitty to sell it to the guy without telling him.

But then of course, the guy should have inspected and test-ridden the bike fully before the sale.

I guess you could just refund the guy the money, have RRC or somebody fix the header, and re-sell the bike. Giving him more of a discount just doesn't seem right for some reason.

I need to go to bed.

beefcake
07-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Somehow I totally forgot he would have inspected it before he bought it.

I guess I just don't know about the whole thing. If Beefy really knew the bike was down on power, then it's shitty to sell it to the guy without telling him.

But then of course, the guy should have inspected and test-ridden the bike fully before the sale.

I guess you could just refund the guy the money, have RRC or somebody fix the header, and re-sell the bike. Giving him more of a discount just doesn't seem right for some reason.

I need to go to bed.

my point it about being down on power, is i didn't believe it was. honeslty truly i didn't, the bike ran perfect, and i mean perfect, gene will even tell you , we cruised for 7 hours, 300 miles all back roads, the bike didn't spit, sputter, jerk, miss, and i did a ton of high speed pull aways

aperacer
07-22-2007, 08:39 AM
SOLD AS IS......it was a used hot rod bike.....as far as you know it was in good running order with no known problems. i would have to tell him to piss up a rope. you tried to make good with him on painted parts. next thing you know he is going to bitch about how much fuel it uses. cut him loose....my .02 worth.

08 Vette
07-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I’m not going to try to tell you what you should do, because you’re a big boy and can make up your own mind! But I will tell you what I would do.
I would try and make it right with the guy, Why you ask?
1) That’s the way I was raised.
2) Word of mouth is a powerful thing. You don’t negative press.
3) Put yourself in his shoes. How would you’ve have felt?

Think back to when you bought your 99 Cobra, didn’t Ford promise you 320 HP?
Nuff said!

beefcake
07-22-2007, 08:46 AM
I’m not going to try to tell you what you should do, because you’re a big boy and can make up your own mind! But I will tell you what I would do.
I would try and make it right with the guy, Why you ask?
1) That’s the way I was raised.
2) Word of mouth is a powerful thing. You don’t negative press.
3) Put yourself in his shoes. How would you’ve have felt?

Think back to when you bought your 99 Cobra, didn’t Ford promise you 320 HP?
Nuff said!

problem is i don't think he'll ever be happy,

i have put myself in his shoes, but going back to 1 don't think he'll ever be happy is the problem, on top of that, then i am implying there is a warranty on the bike which could make me liable down the road,

to me it would be different if i built it and knen the car,

my 06 gt i could tell you everything that goes on with the car and how it works through and through, even though i didn't have it real long, i had it a year and did every modification to it, and drove the car for 7000 miles.

i bought the bike as it sat, drove it for 3 1/2 months and 800 miles, it rode the same as day 1 as the day i sold it,

i mean, do i go back to the guy i bought it from and ask for the 3k hit? am i gonna get any love there?

lol, i never complained about power on my 99 btw lol

mach_u
07-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Caveat emptor. At the end of the day it's his problem. It sounds to me like he's played tough to deal with the the whole. Perhaps though you could offer to refund 90% of what you sold it for(minus restocking fee? :lol:), fix the problems and throw the biatch on ebay with one of your super duper beefkak ads and see what you get? :bigthumb

beefcake
07-22-2007, 08:55 AM
the other thing is, when he bitched about the painted parts, and told me it would cost 500 to powdercoat them,

he said he was going to be ripping the bike apart right away to turn it into an "ultra bike" right away

didn't know what this was but i've done research, and it is a new motor, turbo, header, everything,

i feel like i'm gettin worked to help pay for the ultra bike,

he bought an ultra bike earlier this year from another guy on the boards and bitched up and down about that bike too

on a side note, i did orignally tell him to send the header to me, i would pay shipping up and back, and i would have rcc fix it, as i'm sure they would be plenty capable

hell, i don't even know if it's my header he's taking pics of, claims the whole bike is apart now anyway, the other thing he said was the bike was only making 2 psi which i know for a fact is a lie, even that dyno day it was making 7-8psi on the dyno, and the last time i rode it, i hit was blastin on 52 and it was reading 8psi and i could barely hold on

my thing is, how much of a hit am i supposed to take for owning the bike for 3 1/2 months? where does it end, 3k , 4k , 5k ?

Black Hole
07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Cmon guy, you are a car salesman. You "screw" people over everyday:lol:...Tell him to go take a long walk on a short pier:HYF:
J/K:)
LOL....that's the first thing that popped into my head. :bigthumb

I'd get the header back and have RRC fix-r-up. If the guy refuses, tell him to get bent.....HE inspected the bike, it ran fine when you sold it to him and he bought a highly modified USED bike.

extreme281
07-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Tell him you will pay half the cost of the new header but make him send you the old header back.

thejock60
07-22-2007, 12:41 PM
how long has the guy had the bike? it seems long enough to tear it down, it had to be long enough to go out and give it a good thrashing and break something aswell. I don't see how he thinks he can keep coming back wanting money for this and that. Thats like me buying a mustang thats a 10 sec 1/4 mile car dropping the clutch on the street at 4k rpm's breaking the drivetrain and going back to the seller telling him to fix it at his cost. Life just doesn't work that way. I'd just explain ur side of the story and let it be on the other board.

dedpedal
07-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Tell him to get bent in the nicest most professional way possible. You should also research his past buying experiances and use them as ammo for any future negativity he brings forth. Sounds like this guy has a past of wringing money out of people after the sale.

glassman
07-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Come on beef you wouldn't go to your boss and try to get me any more money back if I got a car from you and it had paint work,scratches,a motor put in it, exhust that wasn't stock ect..... you get my point.
You already went way further than I would have by givin the guy money off for painted parts, I understand you did it to get the deal done. Fact is its used, its highly modified and he knew that going in to the deal it sounds like he is praying on the fact that you are to nice.
Tell him if he had inspected it closer then maybe he would not be bitchin now. Had he said something at the time of the sale then that would have been the time to take care of any discounts of arrangements.
It's not your fault that he's havin buyers remorse(sp) or his wife, mother, girl friend, life partner or whatever is pissed that he bought it. Now :flipoff: and have good day.

Buckeye
07-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Your gonna be fucked now no matter how you go about it now (ether in the pocket book or word of mouth). Your first mistake was not telling him to f off after the second attempt to "jew" you down, You have sold cars long enough you have I am sure you have seen these kind of ass wipes that push and push for ether money or free shit and after you bend and bend then they are still pissed becouse you did not give them what ever the last free thing was.

My .02 is State your side with as much facts and tell him that if he wanted a maintience free bike he should have bought a stock one and to piss off.

bobtsgt
07-22-2007, 03:13 PM
tell him you want receipts and pics of everything. If he says no then say goodbye

Timido
07-22-2007, 06:15 PM
I wouldnt fix any of it. I would have told him everything I knew about the bike when I sold it and that would be the end of it. We all buy used stuff and they all need fixxed one way or anouther.

Gene
07-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Tell him to piss off. He's one of those customers who you'll never be able to please, no matter what you do. While the bike may have had issues, it ran perfectly fine and was reliable, and it's his responsibility to inspect it before purchase. If he questioned the power output, he reasonably could have requested to be present for a dyno pull to verify performance. He didn't, the bike is his, and that's that. Personally, I wouldn't have even refunded any money for the "painted parts"...that whining should have been your first sign of

Your first mistake was not telling him to f off after the second attempt to "jew" you down,

His religion has nothing to do with this, jackass. :rolleyes:

R825OH
07-22-2007, 07:44 PM
He bought it so now its his baby, hot rods are hot rods they are not always useer friendly. He already got a great deal on the bike, time for him to suck it up . walk away tell him to give you 10.750 back and you'll put it back on the market he's wastin' your time Terry

Silver Bullet
07-22-2007, 08:10 PM
You shouldn't have give him money back the first time... and if you do it again, where do you draw the line?????:rolleyes:

Buckeye
07-22-2007, 08:47 PM
His religion has nothing to do with this, jackass. :rolleyes:

Ok man :rolleyes:

ibstrokin
07-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Now he has the bike apart? Tell this guy to fuk off, then start a new thread about how your Shelby kicks ass, and move on.

beefcake
07-23-2007, 02:53 PM
well, i told him today i would send him half of the pipe $300.

i still had his $200 deposit in my paypal account. so to send $300 i just needed to add $100 to it.

he said he'd take it and be done.

so, even though i sold with a clear conscience, now i can be done.

still kills me to take that frikin hit, but i understand he's upset, of course i still think he's sticking it to me

Dirtyd0g
07-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I know how it feels to give someone a good deal that they make profit on and do nothing but complain....

Gregg@TFS
07-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey guy I had the same problem with the guy I traded my green car with. Tell him to get lost!! Once the sale is done and it is done as a "as is sale" your done with it.

NXcoupe
07-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Beef, you are too nice. It was a private, as-is, used car sale. He had plenty of time to look it over and make a decision. He is just trying to get a better deal. You took the higher road and I respect that, but I hope this guy just goes away now.

JonS
07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
My opinion is if you buy something from an individual, it is instantly your responsibility. It is his responsibility to inspect it. I would give him the big :flipoff:. I am not saying I wouldn't try to work with someone if they were unhappy with their purchase, but this guy sounds like a little bitch.

04 Venom
07-24-2007, 09:03 PM
You were fair; he isn't.

Blk88GT
07-25-2007, 09:24 AM
I would have told him to stick it up his ass.