PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

1_slo_92
07-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Ok guys heres whats up. I have the chance to trade my 88 mustang GT, with 135k on the clock, full exhaust, hurst shifter. The car is in ok condition but needs some work.

Now the car I would be trading for is a 87 Mustang LX coupe with a 393 stroker, T5, Full exhaust, 4.10's Lot's more...4k miles on motor.

The terms are my car, some 17's for a honda, and a home stereo system since I just use this one in my garage and am moving I need to get rid of this stuff anyways. Also he keeps his welds.

I already know that this car is fast but im looking to stomp a duramax here locally with it and she's quick for a full sized truck.

Ok im vering off topic, anyways, I want pure unadultured speed, I have the urge that everyone else here has. Basically I want to look at the sky. Whats the opinions on the motor? I have only been in the mustang gang for 2 months now and need some help. I don't want to go into this blind.

I'll go ahead and give me one of these :HYF:

Foxxx5oh
07-22-2007, 03:00 AM
if its a built motor...throw a little spray its way...

1_slo_92
07-22-2007, 03:04 AM
I was thinking of throwing some more fuel in the mix with a shot but do you think the trade is worth it? I mean I have know of 1 other coupe in my area and thats it. I just want to know what these motors should be able to produce and what they can handle. I will get specifics on the car asap. The trade should go down on monday if time is on my side. I just need to find some welds in a few weeks if I get it, well make that a month or so. That way I can get a beater.

Paul408Notch
07-22-2007, 05:09 AM
If somebody is trading a built coupe for a stock GT and some extra crap, they're either out of their minds or the car has problems.

1_slo_92
07-22-2007, 09:02 AM
gas mileage is his main objective I think. The car is his DD and he keeps telling everyone he needs a car that gets better GM

JonS
07-22-2007, 10:24 AM
A T5 isn't gonna last long behind a 393 for very long. The motor may be OK, but I have a feeling that you are going to be putting some money into the coupe to make it reliable.

1_slo_92
07-22-2007, 10:51 PM
im not going to be using it as a dd im going to put it up in about 3-4 weeks for the year untill next spring. I would love to supercharge it but how do you supercharge a carb'd motor? Never had a carb'd car before. And I was going to swap out the T-5 for a tremec of some sorts (if it will work) any suggestions for a 5 speed tranny for this beast?

Foxxx5oh
07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
a tremec TKO would be a good bet IMO...but i could be wrong...