PDA

View Full Version : Shadow needs a new home

ponymom05
07-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Craigels has a 5 month old puppy that needs some love. They just don't have time to take care of the baby and the puppy both, so we tossed a coin and the puppy lost! JK

5-6 month old lab, solid black, has white on the chest and paws, makes me think it's a mix.

Very friendly, needs trained, room to run. Has not been to the vet for shots or anything. WARNING!! His feet are HUGE, he's going to be a big dog.

FREE to anyone who will take good care of him and show him the attention he deserves. PM Ponymom05 or Craigels or call 859-635-4091

Paul408Notch
07-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Awwwwww. I love labs. They make such awesome dogs. Somebody needs to take him. Not fair for him to just be tied up in the yard all the time.

ponymom05
07-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Awwwwww. I love labs. They make such awesome dogs. Somebody needs to take him. Not fair for him to just be tied up in the yard all the time.

I agree, breaks my heart that he's out there all the time. Somebody PLEASE give the puppy a home!

bascom123
07-22-2007, 05:00 PM
i love labs also, but we dont have a fenced in yard, and my beagle rules the roost!

ibstrokin
07-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Labs kick ass, I have a 3 1/2 yr old lab ,hershey, he's still energetic and playful. I'm sure shadow will make someone a great dog

ihave1sweetride
07-23-2007, 08:43 AM
I wish we could have another dog right now... :(

craigels
07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
This little guy still needs someone to care for and love him!

Craig

Maximus
07-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Booooo!! You guys are GREAT people, dont be afraid of the pup. KEEP him!!

ponymom05
07-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Booooo!! You guys are GREAT people, dont be afraid of the pup. KEEP him!!

I would keep him if not for the "old guy" in my house. I have a shepard I've had for 12 years. He's got issues with his hips and knees, takes medicine 2X daily for this. If he misses 2 days of meds, he can't walk. This is like Deja Vu (w/o the naked women)and I REFUSE to see it happen again.

We had a beautiful blue tick, best dog in the world, but she was having back problems. Then I foolishly (at the time) got the 6 month old shep. Wasn't too long with the running and wrestling that dogs and puppies do that the older dog was too injured and we had to put her down. I'm very afraid that this will happen to my shephard and will not take a chance on this (something I stressed when I was told she was getting this pup and I said no). I've seen these 2 playing in the yard and they get along very well and love to run and play and I know he will get injured. I cannot and will not put another dog down because of a scenario that could have been prevented.

So... puppy is tied outside, another thing I hate. Pets should be loose, loved and played with. Shadow isn't getting the attention this cute little guy needs and deserves. Does anyone know anybody that would like a pup to love?

MRGRIMM
07-28-2007, 08:19 AM
How long are you willing to wait? We are looking for houses but might be another month or so until I can get one...then I would be more than happy. Very sad to see a dog on a chain 24/7. By the looks of that chain at least the pup is gonna have a strong neck!?

ponymom05
07-28-2007, 08:31 AM
How long are you willing to wait? We are looking for houses but might be another month or so until I can get one...then I would be more than happy. Very sad to see a dog on a chain 24/7. By the looks of that chain at least the pup is gonna have a strong neck!?

We'll wait as long as we need until someone takes him. I won't take him to the pound, that's a worse fate than the chain. Yeah, he's on the monster chain because he chewed through the cable he was on and got loose. Ran to the neighbors to play - too close to the road! I think Craig had the "Tim Allen" mentality when he went to the hardware store to get a chain! :lol:

mustang8998
07-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Someone needs to take this pup. I would, but we have a 6 mo. old Lab pup ourselves. So far has been very easy to deal with. They can be real "meat heads", when they are young, but are very well behaved, loyal dogs.

MrsAPE
07-28-2007, 09:27 PM
When Alan first saw this posted he thought I was getting rid of our dog. His name is Shadow too. Lab/Shep. We talked about it. BUT, our yard is not fenced in. We've got ours trained enough he usually does not run off. Does not spend much time on his lead. He's lazy and likes his air conditioning. :)
Has he always been an outside dog? How's his temperment? Does he listen well?

ponymom05
07-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Unfortunately, he was brought home by Craig's fiance with good intentions. I just don't think she realized how much it would be to take care of a puppy and a new baby. They kept him in the house for a few days (while I was in Florida) and in the garage at night. I had just redone all of the flooring and was "upset" that a puppy was now needing to be trained not to redo the flooring himself, so OUT he went. He has been tied out since, several months now.

His temperment is great, he's overly friendly, very excited to see people, very rambunctious when turned loose. No training, has never been taught to listen.

I believe he has potential and would make a great pet for someone who has the time and effort.

ponymom05
08-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Puppy is still available!

92coupe
08-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Very cute little guy, Someone should grab him up.

ponymom05
08-26-2007, 11:25 PM
A guy has called twice today. Wants to come at 9:00 tomorrow - didn't say AM or PM! Hopefully he'll call again.

ponymom05
08-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah!!!!! Shadow has a new family as of this morning.

95redstang
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I was going to say I'll trade you dogs. My boxer and all his vet bills recently for your dog..:lol:

MrsAPE
08-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah!!!!! Shadow has a new family as of this morning.

good to hear!!

Stang 38L
08-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Awesome someone came and took him :)