PDA

View Full Version : Loud ass motorcycles!!

BigBadStang
07-23-2007, 01:32 PM
can someone tell me why in the fuck it's ok to blast through the neighborhoods on a damn Harley with NO mufflers rattling the windows, setting off car alarms and being able to hear the fucking dirt bag on the Harley grabbing gears six miles away, but if you roll down the street in a car WITH MUFFLERS, the fucking cops want to give you the "eye" or even pull you over? this is such bullshit! there is this ass-bag that rides through the subdivision. not riding normally but taking off and hammering it for the first 2-3 gears then comes to the stop sign, and does it again...and then again...and then again. you can hear this asshole making every stop sign and turn in the subdivision!!
when i am on vacation, i may shoot this fag with my bb gun as he goes blasting by! :evilgrin:

Paul408Notch
07-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I agree 100%. I used to HATE Harleys just because of that, but I finally realized that the bikes themselves are pretty cool, and it's just the straight-pipes-on-a-stock-bike jackasses I don't like. It would be nice if they'd at least exercise some common sense instead of just trying to let everybody know how cool they are.

cstreu1026
07-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I know what you mean. My neighbor likes to start his up let it idle in the garage for about 5 minutes before he leaves for work in the morning. It sounds just wonderful in my bedroom just 200 feet away. Then there are the times he decides to work on it at 11:00 at night. He'll tinker with it, ride it around the block then back in the garage. He may repeat that a dozen times or so. If he were the only neighbor I swear all hell would break loose on the street.

I am sure rscoupe will be along any time now to vent about the bikes that ride past his shop.

Blk88GT
07-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I too can't stand them. I understand the loud pipes save lives shit, but it's absolutely ridiculous.

I'd love to find out where some of these guys live and do a full 7500 RPM burnout, followed by a transbrake launch @ 3am so they know what it feels like.

Jeff88coupe
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Yep...I feel pretty much the same way about them. I also have the pleasure of having our house sit on a corner.....get to hear every motorcycle that goes by racing to the next stop sign. One neighbor of mine has a dodge ram (ya..it's got a hemi) with redneck exhaust on it...not quiet at all. He's been stopped by cops while driving through the neighborhood 2 or 3 times....but the cops don't seem to care about the loud ass bikes blasting through.

Maximus
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
BOO HOO......WHHHAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa:flipoff:

:lol:

mustangoutlaw
07-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Got no problem with loud bike's just wish I could have my car that loud and not get into trouble for it! I'm old school, I love a high horsepower (V-8) good sounding LOUD car!

Black Hole
07-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I too can't stand them. I understand the loud pipes save lives shit, but it's absolutely ridiculous.

I'd love to find out where some of these guys live and do a full 7500 RPM burnout, followed by a transbrake launch @ 3am so they know what it feels like.
I'm with ya.

I live at the bottom of two hills....lots of hidden driveways (including MINE!!!! :mad: ) There's a stop sign at the top of the hill on the left of my house and I swear these mother-fuggers use the street as their own personal drag-strip as they're regularly running 3 gears and topping well over 60 mph when going up the next hill.

.....and that's just the fuggin bikes......don't get me started on the damn import kids.

Once I'm a cop, I'm gonna park at the bottom of my driveway and just let the radar run all day. :D

All that said, I like my car loud and I'm sure I've scared quite a few people with a quick WOT blast past an open window. If I had a bike....it would have loud exhaust too.:flipoff:

nskaats
07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I've always wondered the same thing, especially when I get tickets for noise and I'm running over the axle through two functional mufflers. I even try to be curteous and sneak in and out of my neighborhood, while these inconsiderate pricks in my subdivision go blasting through, but I GET THE GOD DAMN TICKET!

If anyone figured this one out, please let me know. Next time I get a ticket for noise, I'm buying a decibel meter and I'm going to measure noise levels my cars and then everything that passes through louder than my cars; bikes, inbreds in pickups, ricers, and even the jackass in the Tahoe with straight pipes up the street. We'll see what a Judge thinks of that. I'm also going to start torturing my drunken bible thumping asshole neighbors that keep calling the police every time I breathe in their direction.

I'm not much of a people person. No one has any common courtesy or respect anymore. I'm really all for loud cars, bikes, or anything that doesn't sound like a weed eater. You just gotta show some respect for other people.

BigBadStang
07-23-2007, 02:49 PM
i guess i got side tracked a little, but i dont have a problem for the most part with loud bikes (except mr. asshole that blasts through the hood here), its the fact that it's ok to the cops if its a bike, but i bet if any of us were to go rolling down the blvd. with open headers, we would get popped in a matter of minutes.
theres a time for common sense when you have a loud vehicle. 2am is NOT the time to go blasting through a subdivision with straight pipes on a bike.

bestracing
07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
:lol: I had a biker guy last Monday that kept riding up and down my hill and would blip the throttle everytime he would pass my house while I was washing my car. The problem was that it was a stock bike, little foreign cruiser, with a straight pipe and it sounded like crap. We have Harley's running up and down the street every weekend so it doesn't bother me much since they don't really get on it but this guy was just a douche bag doing the "Look at me" crap

chuck
07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
I can see from both sides of the fence on this topic..... I just got a ticket in early June for No muffler on my bike...but when i took my car out this year,the cops wave at me? Straight thru muffler and on slicks....:screwy:

92coupe
07-23-2007, 04:12 PM
What you think that Bikers dont get hassled by the fuggin police?

Youre dead wrong i have rode Loud ass fuggin Harleys for 25 years or better, and i can tell you we get hassled by the police more than a mustang.

They hassle you about lights, handlebars, think your a drug dealer,etc etc....

Like Craig said Boo fuggin hoo!! If you have a problem with the biker in your neighborhood have a talk with him. He is just a man like yourself, Maybe He is tired of hearing your fuggin mustang in the middle of the night or early in the morning.

Now i can see if the guy is an asshole or and outlaw there is no reasoning with him.

BigBadStang
07-23-2007, 04:23 PM
dude you need to reel it the fuk in a bit! as i said i really dont have a problem with the bikes.
all i know is i see loud bikes go past cops all the time, and NOTHING is done. but cars (of any kind) get shit from cops more for EXHAUST noise.
i dont think i mentioned a fucking thing about lights, or handlebars.
so boo fuckin hoo to you too...your crying about getting stereotyped while on your bike.
i'm laid back as the next guy, but you jumped all over my shit right out of the gate.

:evilflip:...back at ya.

btw the asshole that goes through the neiborhood doesnt live here. he is cutting through here to get to the highway, istead of taking the main road. its hard to have a civil conversation with a biker after you've had to chase him down, or flag him down.

92coupe
07-23-2007, 04:34 PM
dude you need to reel it the fuk in a bit! as i said i really dont have a problem with the bikes.
all i know is i see loud bikes go past cops all the time, and NOTHING is done. but cars (of any kind) get shit from cops more for EXHAUST noise.
i dont think i mentioned a fucking thing about lights, or handlebars.
so boo fuckin hoo to you too...your crying about getting stereotyped while on your bike.
i'm laid back as the next guy, but you jumped all over my shit right out of the gate.

:evilflip:...back at ya.

btw the asshole that goes through the neiborhood doesnt live here. he is cutting through here to get to the highway, istead of taking the main road. its hard to have a civil conversation with a biker after you've had to chase him down, or flag him down.

First off i'm not jumping on your ass, All i was saying is you guys act like nothing happens to bikers cause of a loud exhaust just people with stangs i was just clarifying to you they do get pulled over as often or not more.

As for the guy on the bike in your hood close line his ass next time he rolls through.

Sorry if i came across to you pissy i just take ofense to this kinda stuff. Guess you could say i have had my share of run ins with the po po.

BigBadStang
07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
cool man! from your other posts it didnt seem like you were a "hothead". but i'm with you...cops need to focus a bit more on crime rather than hassling people for penny ante vehicle violations.
not calling out all the cops on here, but i know the law is the law bullshit, and they are sworn to uphold...blah...blah, but c'mon, most times peoples shit is on order when they pull you over to check you out over some little bullshit ticky-tack violation.

Blk88GT
07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Call the cops and report him. I don't have that luxury as I'm near the highway, and it's a given that there will be some loud traffic. But the next time one blasts down my street at 3am, it's on.

I can't wait to move further out in the bush.

Gene
07-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Unless you have stock mufflers on your car, you have no place to bitch about the noise from bikes. SLP Loudmouths or Bullets are every bit as obnoxious as drag pipes on a Harley.

JonS
07-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm with Gene, I don't know how Mustang guys could possibly complain about loud exhaust.

venomous_svt
07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Im a bike guy and im also car guy, but first and foremost im a vindictive SOB...I would just roll down to house around the time you know he is sleeping and blast a little engine song to the tune of 5k revs for a min or so followed by a giant burnout... :D

dont get mad, get even...:bigthumb

Rob
07-24-2007, 11:33 AM
"Most" mustang with after market exhaust systems, have a good tone to them.
I have not heard one loud ass bike that i could say i liked the sound of.
There are some mustangs that sound like ass don't get me wrong, but i can not stand the sound of 90% of the bikes out there. Different strokes for different folks:dunno:

cstreu1026
07-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe its not how loud the bikes are but rather how inconsiderate a lot of riders seem to be. I for one try to sneek in and out of my neighborhood in my car and if I am going in to work early (5:30AM) I usually don't even consider driving the Mustang to work unless I have to. I'd bitch about cars too if I had neighbors that drove their open header race cars throught the neighborhood.

R825OH
07-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah seems like most of the bikers by me just wanna make as much noise as they can.

boostN99
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Yep...I feel pretty much the same way about them. I also have the pleasure of having our house sit on a corner.....get to hear every motorcycle that goes by racing to the next stop sign. One neighbor of mine has a dodge ram (ya..it's got a hemi) with redneck exhaust on it...not quiet at all. He's been stopped by cops while driving through the neighborhood 2 or 3 times....but the cops don't seem to care about the loud ass bikes blasting through.

Sorry Jeff, If im one of the ones being to loud by your house.

BIZLE
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
WOW first time i heard a bunch of hp junkies bitch about loud pipes!

but i kinda agree
some of these yupies go out and buy harleys and the next time you see them they are wereing chaps on a 90 degree day [hard core bikers]

anyhow i own 2 harleys and i push mine out of my driveway in the morring
so i dont disturb the neibors

its not a bike thing its a common sense thing! with anything loud

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Loud pipes save lives :rolleyes:

For those who are opposing loud pipes, i wonder which of you have any experience actually riding a motorcycle on a routine basis? I DON'T but i can tell you the few times i rode was on a bone stock bike with a quiet exhaust, and i can't remember how many cars would pull out in front of me because they just plain didn't see me. If they hear me coming that's less of a chance that i'll get hit or hit someone who pulls out in front of me.

Besides....how fun would a quiet Harley be anyways? That's like having a quiet Mustang...that sucks. They're just enjoying their hobby like we enjoy ours...not to mention adding a little safety to it in my opinion.

BIZLE
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
heres my loud ass bike!

NXcoupe
07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
My shop is out in the country a bit, so we get more than our share of loud ass harleys coming up the road. Some are courteous and just drive normal, the ones that get me are the ones that have to go full throttle from every stop sign and I have to ask customers to hold on for a second while they go by. I've never had to do that for a mustang yet. I'm sure now that I have said that, someone will try to prove me wrong, but anyway, the whole loud is safe theory just doesn't work for me. Doppler shift, it's not just an inconvenient truth.
But then I'm not much on open headers cars either. Comparing a mustang with loud mufflers to a harley with straight pipes isn't a fair comparison. If the harley even attempted to have a 'baffle', that would be cool with me.

92coupe
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
heres my loud ass bike!

Very cool Bizle, I love the flame job!
:bigthumb

BIZLE
07-24-2007, 03:46 PM
thanks man

chuck
07-24-2007, 04:06 PM
heres my loud ass bike!

Looks even better when its on one tire!!!!:eek::lol:

BIZLE
07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Looks even better when its on one tire!!!!:eek::lol:

what is this wheelie thing you speak of???:angel:

MADMOD
07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I was wondering the same question! I just got pulled over Sat night for Loud Exhaust!! No Joke this is probaly the 10-15th time I have been pulled over for this. Now my car is somewhat loud I will admit (MagnaFlows O/R X) but I mean come on!

As for KY Law on Loud Exhaust....An Officer told me that there is no Db Level on "How Loud is to Loud" but it is up the officer to make the call. I asked him How can you give me a ticket for something that you can make the call on. You may think a factory mustang is loud or hell even your cop car! How is that fair to me? His relpy was I don't write them I just enforce them.

:HYF:to loud exhust tickets

BigBadStang
07-25-2007, 12:50 PM
i guess i named the thread wrong...lol
it's not the loud bike(s) so much, it the cocksucker that cuts through here. i could handle it if he "cruised" through, but he hammers the hell out of it for first and second gears at EVERY stop sign and turn through the subdivision. being the "hood" that i'm in, i know others have called the cops on him, but fairfield township only has so many cops to go around. the fucked up part is, he has to go right by the police station to get outta here. thats the only time he's not kicking gears...then i can hear him get on 129 and head towards 75. like i said, i will get the mutha when i am on vacation :evilgrin:!

but it does seem like the cops look the other way on exhaust noise from bikes compared to cars.
i know troopers do. i see groups of bikes going down the freeway passing troopers sitting in the median, and have yet to see them pull one over, which seems odd being that most troopers are strict pricks.

boosted 98
07-25-2007, 01:45 PM
FTP!!!!

Mista Bone
07-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Loud Bike/Stang/Import can be snuck out/into the neighborhood without annoying the neighbors.

Respect your neighbors or they my turn a blind eye when your "toy" is being broken into.

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-25-2007, 03:20 PM
See, my car is relatively loud...but when i come through my neighborhood i'm in a gear higher than i need to be to keep the RPMs down and i chill out, especially once i hit the apartments. I'm usually in neutral before i even pull into the lot and i coast into my parking spot and kill it.

BigBadStang
07-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Loud Bike/Stang/Import can be snuck out/into the neighborhood without annoying the neighbors.

Respect your neighbors or they my turn a blind eye when your "toy" is being broken into.

See, my car is relatively loud...but when i come through my neighborhood i'm in a gear higher than i need to be to keep the RPMs down and i chill out, especially once i hit the apartments. I'm usually in neutral before i even pull into the lot and i coast into my parking spot and kill it.

see...you guys are respectful. goes to show, you can have loud w/o being loud!:bigthumb

2-8-1
07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Let me put it this way. I hate jackasses with loud bikes that like to get on my ass the rev it and pass me WOT, for not other reason than, "Hey its a mooostang, lets be stupid"

Next one that rides my bumper, will end up under it.

That said, I have NO Problem, whatsoever, with having a loud car or bike, just respect other people.

chad393na
07-26-2007, 11:54 AM
It it has less than 300 HP, I can't understand why it needs to be loud. I can sorta understand the safety reason, but if that's not the reason, I don't. I hate to comparing it to, but it seems to be the same logic the ricer boys use "if it aint fast- at least make it loud".

BIZLE
07-26-2007, 06:28 PM
It it has less than 300 HP, I can't understand why it needs to be loud. I can sorta understand the safety reason, but if that's not the reason, I don't. I hate to comparing it to, but it seems to be the same logic the ricer boys use "if it aint fast- at least make it loud".

kind of hard to squeeze 300 out of a 2 cyl harley!

dedpedal
07-26-2007, 06:33 PM
kind of hard to squeeze 300 out of a 2 cyl harley!

How much are the prostock bikes making? They seemed quiter than alot of the harleys running around.

Gene
07-26-2007, 06:43 PM

Why? That logic makes no sense at all.

Think about it...my 944cc (58 cubic inches) Ducati makes 104hp at the wheel. That's an engine that is approximately 1/5 the size of a 5.0 Mustang, making double the hp per liter. Considering the amount of air that has to be moved in and out of the engine, it needs as little restriction as possible, which is why it has pod air filters and a very free-flowing exhaust (although it does have silencers). It's quite loud, but it has to be to make the power it does...it was 72hp at the wheel stock). There's no way to have that open of an exhaust and still have it be quiet.

That being said, most of the Harley guys do run the drag pipes because they think it sounds cool. But so do most Mustang guys and most guys with pickups with loud exhaust. And, FWIW, bikers get hassled by the cops all the time for loud exhaust as well.

chad393na
07-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Why? That logic makes no sense at all.

Think about it...my 944cc (58 cubic inches) Ducati makes 104hp at the wheel. That's an engine that is approximately 1/5 the size of a 5.0 Mustang, making double the hp per liter. Considering the amount of air that has to be moved in and out of the engine, it needs as little restriction as possible, which is why it has pod air filters and a very free-flowing exhaust (although it does have silencers). It's quite loud, but it has to be to make the power it does...it was 72hp at the wheel stock). There's no way to have that open of an exhaust and still have it be quiet.

That being said, most of the Harley guys do run the drag pipes because they think it sounds cool. But so do most Mustang guys and most guys with pickups with loud exhaust. And, FWIW, bikers get hassled by the cops all the time for loud exhaust as well.
Yea, but your ducati is probably fast, whereas most harleys aren't. That's my logic.

BigBadStang
07-27-2007, 07:38 AM
And, FWIW, bikers get hassled by the cops all the time for loud exhaust as well.

i just don't see it. i drive a little over 2,000 miles a week, and i see very few if any bikes pulled over by the Po-Po. maybe it happens more on the "local" streets, and not so much on the highways. :dunno:

Gene
07-27-2007, 08:16 AM
i just don't see it. i drive a little over 2,000 miles a week, and i see very few if any bikes pulled over by the Po-Po. maybe it happens more on the "local" streets, and not so much on the highways. :dunno:

Yeah, but how many big pickups with redneck exhausts or Mustangs do you see pulled over either?

BigBadStang
07-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah, but how many big pickups with redneck exhausts or Mustangs do you see pulled over either?

i see big p/u's pulled over often by state troopers...bumper height i would imagine?
and i see some ricers, and "fast" cars being harrassed by the state boys too, but rarely, ever see harleys pulled over after roaring by an idleing state trooper. all i know is any time i have had loud shit on my car(s), i have either gotten a ticket, or been given grief about it (by state and local), and i know some guys that ride, and there shit is LOUD and they have never gotten bothered.
i ain't gonna argue with you, this is all just what I see and notice.

BIZLE
07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
maybe thats why people ride harleys NO TICKETS

anyhow i have a few buddys who are cops and they both drive mustangs and ride harleys

ricmcusa
07-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah my neighbor rides his Harley past my place at 6:00 am every morning. A dresser with drag pipes. The only thing that pisses me off is it makes me miss my bike. Such a sweet sound.:flipoff:

mustang8998
07-28-2007, 08:43 PM
After reading the replies here, I decided to throw in my .02. I think it all comes down to the rider. Always tring to be loud, can be disturbing to some.

My '76 Sporty, was built and had straight pipes on it for years. Yes, I got hassled, by "the man", but never got a ticket (maybe do to the bolt, in each pipe, that they couldn't stick anything into it). As long as I rode with some sense about me, I wasn't hassled. Later on, I added slip-on Screeming Eagle mufflers (really just baffles and then bent them down) and I thought it improved the sound. I was ALWAYS complemented, on the sound. Never had complaint one!

Some Mustangs exhaust, are way more obnoxious, than bikes. And it comes down to the driver, whether he wants to be loud, or not. My '89 had Mac shorties, off road pipe and cat-back. It set off more car alarms than 10 Harleys, riding together (was stopped once, for it). I put high-flow cats on it and thought it sounded much better. Alot quiter and didn't hurt performance.

Also, some of the V-twin wannabe Jap bikes, sound like shit, compared to Harleys, when they run straight pipes. It is hard to duplicate the sound. Gene's DUC, probably sounds as good, if not better.

BIZLE
07-28-2007, 10:25 PM
After reading the replies here, I decided to throw in my .02. I think it all comes down to the rider. Always tring to be loud, can be disturbing to some.

My '76 Sporty, was built and had straight pipes on it for years. Yes, I got hassled, by "the man", but never got a ticket (maybe do to the bolt, in each pipe, that they couldn't stick anything into it). As long as I rode with some sense about me, I wasn't hassled. Later on, I added slip-on Screeming Eagle mufflers (really just baffles and then bent them down) and I thought it improved the sound. I was ALWAYS complemented, on the sound. Never had complaint one!

Some Mustangs exhaust, are way more obnoxious, than bikes. And it comes down to the driver, whether he wants to be loud, or not. My '89 had Mac shorties, off road pipe and cat-back. It set off more car alarms than 10 Harleys, riding together (was stopped once, for it). I put high-flow cats on it and thought it sounded much better. Alot quiter and didn't hurt performance.

Also, some of the V-twin wannabe Jap bikes, sound like shit, compared to Harleys, when they run straight pipes. It is hard to duplicate the sound. Gene's DUC, probably sounds as good, if not better.

JAP BIKE WITH STRIGHT PIPES!:HYF:

GOOD LOOKIN SPORTY

mustang8998
07-28-2007, 11:54 PM
JAP BIKE WITH STRIGHT PIPES!:HYF:

GOOD LOOKIN SPORTY

Thanks man.

I sold it, almost two years ago, after owning it for 18 years. I miss riding, but I may get another bike. It gets in your blood.

Speaking of good looking bikes, that flamed bagger of yours, is nice. I'm thinking along the lines, of a road bike, if I decide to go through with it. I'm getting too old, for sport bikes! :bigthumb

Katmandu
07-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Maybe its not how loud the bikes are but rather how inconsiderate a lot of riders seem to be. It is more the rider that is more of an issue than the bikes themselves.

I've been a biker since 78 and LOVE Harleys.

It's the drivers (or Harleys, Ricers and other no muffler vehicles) that go thru quiet residential neighborhoods TRYING to make noise are the REAL Fuggin' assholes. :mad:

We ALL know there is a way to "easy-the-throttle" to keep our loud bikes and cars CIVILIZED thru residential neighborhoods.

It's the assholes that go ripping thru as loud as they can that deserve tickets for Disturbing the Peace.

BTW, I like the BB Gun idea! :lol:

Mista Bone
07-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Katmandu, same thing I said on page 2.........

PERSONALLY if I have to hear a loud car when trying to sleep. I'd rather hear a 500+ CID BBC idling thru the neighborhood TRYING to be as quiet as possible out of respect that some wannabe ricer with a fart pipe that blows thru the stop signs.

Esp. with an automatic tranny and they keep it on the ONE rpm that creates a resonance that pisses off everyone as it rattles the windows......

92coupe
07-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Thanks man.

I sold it, almost two years ago, after owning it for 18 years. I miss riding, but I may get another bike. It gets in your blood.

Speaking of good looking bikes, that flamed bagger of yours, is nice. I'm thinking along the lines, of a road bike, if I decide to go through with it. I'm getting too old, for sport bikes! :bigthumb

That was one clean ass sporty Bro!:bigthumb

92coupe
07-29-2007, 02:47 AM
Heres my old scooter, ASCcapri owns it now.;)