PDA

View Full Version : FoxBody Convertible top

bascom123
07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
So i bought a 87 vert, and recently the top started clunking and now i have what looks like oil coming out from just in front of the rear driver side tire at a body plug.

So I figure the hose split or there is a leak somewhere. Anyone have experience rebuilding the lines? I saw a kit online for a hundred bucks but figured with some fittings clamps and poly tubing i should be able to make my own.

Any tips hints or links to good sites explaining how to get to the darn setup?

bobtsgt
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
we had a kink in our line. we cut it and used a plastic push on union. holds fine for us. I'm not sure on the line but it might be 3/8"s have you checked your pump out to see where the leak is really coming from? There is a plug on the side that you fill with and 2 tees coming out of the pump. The pump comes off the mount pretty easily.

bascom123
07-24-2007, 03:25 PM
we had a kink in our line. we cut it and used a plastic push on union. holds fine for us. I'm not sure on the line but it might be 3/8"s have you checked your pump out to see where the leak is really coming from? There is a plug on the side that you fill with and 2 tees coming out of the pump. The pump comes off the mount pretty easily.

nope i have not gotten it open yet. its at the shop right now getting an alternator and a cat back installed. I will hopefully get to that later this week.

I was wondering about using poly tube they sell at lowes and some brass fittings to make my own lines if need be but was worried about the amount of pressure in the lines.

bobtsgt
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
what you could do is cut the crimped or leaking part off, attach a gauge with some tubing and some push lock connectors, hit the button and read the pressure. That should help you decide on what tubing to get. I have no idea what pressure that pump puts out. The tubing looks like the air line stuff I use at work so I don't think the pressure is any outrageous number

dedpedal
07-24-2007, 07:35 PM
You could give Keith 50 bucks for the lines off his vert that hes parting out.

DeckerEnt
07-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Yes. My 88 GT vert I think has good lines on them. If you want, you could come down to my shop and remove mine so you know how it goes together. If 50 is good for you, it is cool with me.
Keith