PDA

View Full Version : Holiday World

mustangboy
07-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I know most of you probably have never heard of Santa Claus, Indiana but there is an amusement park there called Holiday World. As far as a family vacation destination it pretty much kicked ass. We took the camper and stayed at Lake Rudolph campground which is attached to the park. The park was very reasonably priced, had 3 kickass wooden roller coasters as well as alot of the usual smaller rides. There is also a really good water park on site as well. The park was very clean, served free Pepsi products all over the place, had free sunscreen, had cheap and good food and did not gouge you on souvineers. Even if you dont have camper they campers and cabins you can rent on site as well. If you have kids of any age and are looking someplace fairly close (3hrs from my house in Independence) and reasonably priced I would definately reccomend looking into to it. The kids will have a blast. Now start flaming away for me being so excited about a place in Santa Clause.:D

dedpedal
07-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Dont be worried, you have an excuse. Youre domesticated.

Paul408Notch
07-26-2007, 08:40 PM
I love Holiday World. Nicest park employees of any park I've been to. I haven't gotten to ride the Voyage coaster yet, but I can't wait to. It's a somewhat small park, but it's really nice.

mustangboy
07-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Paul you will love the Voyage. It actually took my breath away. At one point it was going so fast I was sure it was coming off the tracks. I don't know if it is true or not but someone there said it tops out around 75mph. All I know is my 6 yr old can't get enough of the roller coasters. He had me on them over and over and over. BTW I will agree on the park employees they were really nice.

Paul408Notch
07-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Paul you will love the Voyage. It actually took my breath away. At one point it was going so fast I was sure it was coming off the tracks. I don't know if it is true or not but someone there said it tops out around 75mph. All I know is my 6 yr old can't get enough of the roller coasters. He had me on them over and over and over. BTW I will agree on the park employees they were really nice.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about it. All 3 woodies there were designed by a company up near West Chester called The Gravity Group. They used to be called Custom Coasters, and I'm a huge fan. I can't wait to get over there again. :D

dedpedal
07-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about it. All 3 woodies there were designed by a company up near West Chester called The Gravity Group. They used to be called Custom Coasters, and I'm a huge fan. I can't wait to get over there again. :D
When you get back and settled, would you be up for a weekend trip with Amy and myself?