PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at the track

Steves LX
07-27-2007, 07:41 AM
I went to Tristate last night for test and tune and ran like absolute crap. Last weekend at UMTR with stock lower contol arms and OEM rear springs I was pulling 1.8 60fts and running 13.20's. Last night with the Lakewood traction action lift bars and 4 cyl springs I was pulling 1.95's and a couple 1.87's and running 13.35's and 13.50's and worse. Not sure what the problem is but I thought by installing this stuff on the car my 60ft's and ET's would be better. No matter what time I ran I couldn't break101MPH all night. I made 12 passes both hot and cold. I even had the guys spray the sticky stuff down twice at the end of the night and still no improvement. I kept my tire pressure between 15 and 16PSI the same as I did at UMTR and powerfest. I am running Nitto DR's (245/45/17). I thought about hooking my sway bar back up last night since the car no longer really lifts the front end up with the lift bars on there but couldn't see how that was affecting anything. Any ideas as to what may be going on here?

dedpedal
07-27-2007, 07:48 AM
First of all, Im not a fan of Nittos for the track. With that said, what else was different? Im sure the weather was part of it with the humidity. Are you launching at the same rpm? When I went to the lift bars from stockers I found that I had to (and could) launch alot higher in the rpms. Did you have any wheelspin before? You may have been bogging the motor now that theres extra force on the tires.
Which sway bar do you have disconnected?

Steves LX
07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
I have the front sway bar disconnected. Its just hanging there. I had some tire spin thru most of first gear last weekend at UMTR but was still pulling 1.80 60ft's. I did notice the couple times I was able to launch last night and not spin thru first gear it did seem the car bogged a little bit. I was lauching around 2000 RPM's.

Jeff88coupe
07-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Easiest fix I see is to get some better tires for the track....those nitto dr's are not much better than a regular radial at the track. I would find a pair of 15" rims (heck..10 holes will work)...then get a pair of at least MT dr's or et streets.....a 26x8.5 slick would be best.

black90lx
07-28-2007, 08:56 AM
get et streets. i ,liked the ricer fly by you done on rt4, i pulled up to you to try and play a little but it seems like you didnt want to... :rolleyes:

kathyp408
07-28-2007, 03:15 PM
did you check the pinion angle since that would have changed with your new setup?

331TwistedWedge
07-28-2007, 03:35 PM
slicks will make all the difference in the world ... 26 x 8.5 x 15's ... as far as your mph, it was too humid to pull out record breaking times ... last weekend for the UMTR we had some good air and a slight tail wind ~ that would boost your trap speed ...

08 Vette
07-29-2007, 08:55 AM
What Kevin and Kathy said!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/soniccobra/Drivetrain_Sketch.jpg