PDA

View Full Version : quit my job

myownr
07-27-2007, 10:13 PM
damn that felt good, after 20 years with the family business (not my family) and not getting any more than just a production position i quit my job to go work for another residential design firm. the market has sucked for a while and the family business has not given a raise to anyone since 2005 because it being so bad. funny how in in 2006 my boss bought a new zo6 conv and built another detached 4 car garage, the other brother bought a bmw and has been able to rent a house for his college kids, the other bought a 2007 mustang gt conv and a bigger boat. now this year each has flown to florida at least once, 2 of them twice and once to boston. finally fed up with the bs and working to finace there hobbies i told them i quit. i didn't rub it in there face or burn any bridges, but damn it feels good inside to give them the shaft.now i am a production manager, with more pay to boot

kennebellcobra
07-27-2007, 10:17 PM
That would suck to see them getting everything and then saying there's no money for raises. Good luck with your new job:bigthumb

craigels
07-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Congrats! Where are you at now? And where did you work? What kind of "design" are you doing?

Craig

331TwistedWedge
07-27-2007, 10:23 PM
take this job and shove it :lol: :bigthumb

MADMOD
07-27-2007, 11:34 PM
take this job and shove it :lol: :bigthumb

I ain't workin here no more!

mach_u
07-27-2007, 11:54 PM
damn that felt good, after 20 years with the family business (not my family) and not getting any more than just a production position i quit my job to go work for another residential design firm. the market has sucked for a while and the family business has not given a raise to anyone since 2005 because it being so bad. funny how in in 2006 my boss bought a new zo6 conv and built another detached 4 car garage, the other brother bought a bmw and has been able to rent a house for his college kids, the other bought a 2007 mustang gt conv and a bigger boat. now this year each has flown to florida at least once, 2 of them twice and once to boston. finally fed up with the bs and working to finace there hobbies i told them i quit. i didn't rub it in there face or burn any bridges, but damn it feels good inside to give them the shaft.now i am a production manager, with more pay to boot
Congrat's on the move! Their are days I consider doing the same (family business also - only my family...:(). One thing though, I didn't know they made a Z06 vert? :dunno:

Silver Bullet
07-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Congrat.... hope the new job works out for ya!:D

myownr
07-28-2007, 08:27 PM
well it may not be a zo6 but hell it's a new black on black conv, still a buttload of money. my old job was at studer designs in cold springs, my new job is across the river in cincy at beck architecture. i design custom homes like the ones you see at homearama

cstreu1026
07-28-2007, 08:32 PM
It sucks working for family owned businesses. I worked for one for 9 years and near the end I had one owner tell me to my face that the 9 years I had put in didn't matter because it was only part time. I will gladly deal with the office politics of a big company any day as long as there is the chance to move up.

Katmandu
07-28-2007, 11:46 PM
It sucks working for family owned businesses. It especially sucks if you are part of the family that owns the business.

mustang8998
07-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Sorry if this comes across wrong, but you are still working for the "MAN". As long as you are an employee, you are still making the "big guy" the jack.

I've thought the same way, about my job (not family), but came to realize, that it is his business, he will operate it as he sees fit. I've been there, for 14 years and I feel like I am paid well. But you know what............ He still makes WAAAY more money, than I do.

I wish you the best of luck. :bigthumb

Mista Bone
07-29-2007, 02:06 AM
devils drunken (well not yet) advocate.......

what did your bosses go thru when they were young? Did they do the slave work that you feel your doing now?

Usually (not always) they are the best to work for, since they know that hard labor pays off in the long run.

Work for and old Jewish/Irish/German immigrant, bust your ass you will be paid nicely. They understand the "old ways" where the slackers were fired.

Hrm, I might have rant brewing..............