PDA

View Full Version : offset rack bushings

blk93notch
07-28-2007, 01:00 AM
are these required when lowering a fox body coupe about an inch. i have new shock/struts and springs going on the coupe. i also have some cc plate also. not to mention new ball joints. i was wondering if off set rack bushing are required also and if so what is the proper installation of them. is the hole towrds the top or bottome. thanks.

08 Vette
07-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Hole towards the top. If you only droping 1 inch you really don't need them. On the other hand they don't cost very much and are easy to put in. I did them on my 91 GT and 01 Cobra. Some peole do them some don't! Hope this helps.

blk93notch
07-28-2007, 11:38 AM
thanks alot. it really heps alot. i heard they are a pain to put in. i already have them so since im doing all the other work ill go ahead and do those.

92coupe
07-28-2007, 05:52 PM
If you are lowering the car 1-2 inches it's pretty much a waste of time and money.

5.0calypso93lx
07-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I've got H&R Super sport springs which lowered the car about 1.5" all around. I never drove my car without the offset rack bushings, but my tie rods are much closer to being parallel to the ground than if there weren't any.

Very easy install too, just need to take out the steering shaft so you can pull the rack enough back to install the bushings. Steering respsone/feel is much better too, because you have more solid bushings than the stock rubber junk. Highly recomended from me.

blk93notch
07-28-2007, 09:01 PM
ok so i did the rear of the car today and i installed the springs,new kyb shocks and new isolaters also. my girl got me a set of springsd from laurel mountain mustang as a present a while ago. since i hurt my back and work has been busy this is the first chance i have got to them. they are suppose to lower it 1.5-2" but i swear the back looks stock height. im going from drag suspension to lowering springs. ill wait till the front is done tommorrow to rant alittle. should it settle some or ahould i get mad now?