PDA

View Full Version : C.O.R.E. Off Road Show

Stang849
07-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I know we have some guys that are into the 4x4's on here, so my wife asked me to post this up for anyone interested.

What?: CORE (Cincinnati Off-Road Enthusiasts) is holding a benefit Off Road Show and Shine car show to help support a little girl with Leukemia named Carly Craig. Both parents are on active duty in the U.S. Military. Stephanie serves in the Navy, and Kevin has been abroad in Iraq during quite a bit of this hard time.

When: Saturday, Aug 4th, 2007

Where: Yardbirds Southern BBQ Parking Lot, 932 W. State Street, Trenton, OH
(St. Rt. 73 @ Wayne Madison Rd)

Time: Registration starts at 10:30 to 1:00pm

Cost: $15 per vehicle entry fee (any off road vehicle is welcome to enter)

Other: RTI ramp, Car Crush, Raffles, Drinks and Food Available.

Carly’s Story (written by her father):
In early January of 2006 I returned from Iraq and began to adjust to home life again. We took a trip out to California to visit my family and we had a good time, but something seemed a little different about the way Carly was acting. When we returned to Cincinnati we finally decided to take her back to the doctor again because her symptoms were not getting better. On January 25, 2006 Carly was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) and later was also diagnosed with the Philadelphia Chromosome (PH+) defect. She was immediately put on a chemotherapy protocol to fight the cancer. However, due to her slow response and the Philadelphia Chromosome diagnosis it was decided that she needed to have a Bone Marrow Transplant. So, after several rounds of chemo and the devastating effects that they cause they found a donor for her transplant that was done on May 17, 2006. Even though there are many risks to the Bone Marrow Transplant and the strong radiation and chemo needed to do it, we had to go through with it for the best chance of keeping Carly in full remission from the cancer and the chromosome defect. Towards the end of May 2006, Carly began to have serious breathing problems and she was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit in the beginning of June 2006. This is where the hardest part began. Carly spent roughly four and a half months in the ICU, of which, she was asleep for three and a half months. She was in a medically induced coma in order for her to be on a special ventilator called an oscillator which would help her stay alive while her fragile lungs slowly recovered. The doctors think her lungs were damaged by the full body radiation she received just before transplant. Whatever the reason, her lungs were badly damaged and as a result she has major fibrosis in her lungs which is why she is dependant on high concentration oxygen and a ventilator. She is just now, March 2007, getting to the point where she can be off of the ventilator during the day. This means that she only has an oxygen line running to her trach to help her breath. This is major progress that has been a long time coming and she is doing amazing. She still has a long ways to go, but we are thankful for everyday we have with her and we are glad that the doctors were wrong when they said she probably would not live. She is an amazing testimony of strength and faith that will forever remind us and humble us beyond belief every time we look back on the struggles we went through.

Black Hole
07-30-2007, 12:12 PM
I was thinking of heading up there.....at least with those guys it doesn't matter if your ride is dirty. ;) :lol:

Anyone else feel like going?