PDA

View Full Version : Original '88 GT Owners Manuals, Service Manuals, wiring/vacuum diagrams...etc

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-30-2007, 03:10 PM
My first Mustang was an '88 GT that i bought from a guy who was more or less the original owner...he bought the car from a dealership, and it only had 2k miles on it and was only owned by one other guy. The guy i got it from was extremely meticulous and kept excellent records on the car and gave me all his records when i bought the car. When i sold the car, i kept all of this for sentimental reasons but i've pretty much got no use for it all now so here it is. I can sell everything that doesn't have his name/address on it because he has asked me to keep that private. This is a gold mine for anyone with an '88 Mustang (GT or not because i believe a lot of it was the same for both cars as none of it really is specific for the GT).

Included in the package are 15 booklets/forms covering all of the warranties you would have gotten with a new GT with all options in 1988:

1988 Do-It-Yourself Service Manual

1988 Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual

1988 Ford Mustang Owners manual, including the original plastic pocket that it would be stored in in your glove box, including the business card from the salesman who sold the car new

Goodyear Highway Tire Adjustment Policy Limited Warranty form for the original Goodyear Gatorback tires

A Firestone Tire Maintenance and Warranty booklet...this is for the first set of new tires the car got

The Ford Electronic Sound System booket, covering the (lol) high tech electronic stereo system

1988 Ford Mustang Operating Guide

1988 Ford Mustang/Thunderbird/Cougar/Grand Marquis Maintenance Schedule log book

AI Glaze-Gard booklet, covering the warranty of the clear coat

AI Interior Fab-gard booklet, covering the interior stain guard treatment warranty

Waxoyl Professional Corrosion Protection booklet, covering the original factory underbody option warranty.
This has some info on the original purchaser of the car but i didn't know that person...dated for 3/28/88

Warranty Information Booket that covers a few different models that would've been included with the glove box owners manual.

And lastly i have 2 1988 diagrams that look to be straight out of Ford, one is for vacuum diagrams and one is for wiring diagrams....these things are damn near priceless to own if you have an '88 (and probably other years as well) and i used them myself a few times when i had the car.

All in all most of this stuff is in VERY good condition considering the age, but a couple of the manuals were put to good use and show some wear, but they're still all intact. This stuff holds a bit of sentimental value but since i don't even own the car must less an '87+ car to use any of it, i'm passing it along to the next collector.

I'm looking to get $50 for everything....'cause i don't really know what it's all worth, maybe more maybe less. I know it's gonna be good to have if you ever plan on a serious restoration show car and want the documents to go along with the car...this kind of stuff is hard to come by anymore. Also sorry but it's all a package, no separating.

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I've gotta step out for a while....if anyone's interested call me on my cell, 513-377-4308

-David

Crossfire
07-31-2007, 01:00 AM
i can give you 10 for them

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-31-2007, 01:34 AM
i can give you 10 for them

Thanks but no thanks, for $10 i'll box'em back up and wait a few more years until people are doing more restorations and want the paperwork to go along with their car.