PDA

View Full Version : Vent tube= Garage that smells like gas?

Silver Bullet
07-30-2007, 06:27 PM
I have a fuel cell and the vent comes out of the top then I route it through the floor of the spare tire well. The problem is that the garage smells of gas..... esp. after I put fuel in the car.... is there anyway to fix or help solve this problem?

Thanks...

Black Horse
07-30-2007, 07:11 PM
You might want to put a few "wraps/loops" in the line - kinda a pigtail/moonshine still type. I'll see if I can find a photo.....

331TwistedWedge
07-30-2007, 07:13 PM
I have a fuel cell and the vent comes out of the top then I route it through the floor of the spare tire well. The problem is that the garage smells of gas..... esp. after I put fuel in the car.... is there anyway to fix or help solve this problem?

Thanks...

take it outside :lol:

JFWY :bigthumb

kathyp408
07-30-2007, 07:39 PM
i took a small piece of cloth and shoved it in the end of the hose. it still allows ventilation but the fumes won't come thru.:bigthumb

Gene
07-31-2007, 09:29 AM
You might want to put a few "wraps/loops" in the line - kinda a pigtail/moonshine still type. I'll see if I can find a photo.....

Checking the woods out by your house?

Silver Bullet
08-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I will put a different pc of hose on it so I can put loops in it and the cloth in the hose.... hope this works....:coo1:

Jeff88coupe
08-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm using a piece of 6an pushlock hose for my fuel cell vent tube. I put like 3 coils in it right by the cell...then ran it down and threw the driver's side tirewell. I have a cheap plastic fuel filter to put on the end of it to keep any thing from getting into the fuel. I've had fuel in the cell for over a month now...no fuel smells at all in my garage.

Silver Bullet
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm using a piece of 6an pushlock hose for my fuel cell vent tube. I put like 3 coils in it right by the cell...then ran it down and threw the driver's side tirewell. I have a cheap plastic fuel filter to put on the end of it to keep any thing from getting into the fuel. I've had fuel in the cell for over a month now...no fuel smells at all in my garage.

I just went out and put a new hose on it with 3 coils in it and put some gas it it, I will let you all know........

CAPRISTANG
08-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Take a rubber cap and put over the vent line when it's not being used.. You'll also notice that the fuel won't evaporate. Went threw the same problem with my car, simple fix. A $2.00 rubber cap.. See ya Doug

mustangboy
08-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I like the smell of fuel:tongue2:

Silver Bullet
08-02-2007, 07:31 PM

Maybe race fuel, but regular gas smells like A$$!:lol:

MADMOD
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM

:agree: Race Gas or Regular Gas it all smells good to me!

Silver Bullet
08-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Two twist of the hose didn't do it, so I added another twist and glass filter on the end..... this better get it!

Regular gas smells like a lawnmower!:(

If it doesn't work.... I will have to fill it with race gas for the airfreshener!:tongue2:

mustangboy
08-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Better than race fuel is alcohol. :bigthumb Thas is some good smelling shit.

Silver Bullet
08-03-2007, 08:14 AM

LOL Alcohol with the cherry scent! We would be way to messed up to even work on the car!:HYF:

bestracing
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM

Unless your in the staging lanes right behind someone running that stuff and they're running PIG RICH. Shit burns the eyes and you can't get away from it.