PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with a '79-86 who's done the MkVII 5 lug rotors in the front...

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm hoping to find someone who's done the cheap 5 lug swap on their car with the Lincoln rotors....i'd like to know if my wheels will fit ok. I've read that there's clearance issues with newer take off 17s and a lot of aftermarket wheels because of the centercaps and how far the stock bearing cap sticks out....but i did read that '95 Cobra R style wheels will work ok with this setup...and i believe that's what my wheels are. If someone has this setup and wouldn't mind, i'd like to test fit my wheels if possible? Your car needs to be specifically a '79-86 with a stock brake setup except for having the Lincoln Mark 7 rotors in the front, because the '87+ cars have bigger/different brake setups.

Let me know!
-David

IEATLT1
07-31-2007, 03:27 PM
they have to have upgraded spindles (87-93) V8 spindles on the front for the mark VII rotors

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
they have to have upgraded spindles (87-93) V8 spindles on the front for the mark VII rotors

Yeah you're right, i had it backwards....the ones that swap to my car are '83-88 Ranger rotors in the front and 2 '83-92 driver's side axles for the back.

IEATLT1
08-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I have yet to figure out the ranger rotors and getting a bearing to fit... even my buddy that hot rods with me and works at a machine shop can't figure that out??? we've side by side set them up and can't figure out what bearing to use even looking at the recommoned ones?? Good Luck....

btw I have an extra set of ranger axles....