PDA

View Full Version : Carts

Blackballed
08-02-2007, 06:26 AM
So I took the stang out Tuesday to return some bolts at Lowes. I parked at the end of the parking lot as usual and went in, as I returned 5 min. later I noticed one of their big carts up aginst my car:mad::mad: I also notice a dent the size of a Softball in the rear driverside along with other minor inperfections. Spoke with the manager about the 50 carts just all over the parking lot??? I told him I thought that they have employees that are supposed to retrive carts?? Sometimes... Long story short $750.00 in damage.:mad:

I will start to do all of my business at The Home Depot.

DeckerEnt
08-02-2007, 08:15 AM
That sucks. No matter what I am driving, I always park a little farther out to avoid the dreaded phantom rolling shopping carts.
Keith

bobtsgt
08-02-2007, 08:42 AM
that sucks Bill. You could park over at Beechmont Ford and walk over. They usually send out someone who isn't busy to get the carts. There is no real assigned person to do it like Krogers has.

Black Hole
08-02-2007, 09:49 AM
That sucks. No matter what I am driving, I always park a little farther out to avoid the dreaded phantom rolling shopping carts.
Keith
I do that in the Cobra.

In my Jeep, I really don't care.....it's dirty, already has a scrape on the front fender, doorless, big tires, and has bumpers or rubber fender extensions covering the entire body so there isn't much that a shopping cart could do.

The wifes Equinox is newer, but I park in the closest spot that I "shouldn't" have to worry about door-dings or roaming carts.

In the end, it's all about how courteous the other shoppers are.......they control the carts and the cars that do the damage. ;)

dedpedal
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
One would think that with all the illegals hanging around that a shopper could flip them a quarter and have them take the cart back.

ihave1sweetride
08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Bill, Did you talk to the store Manager Mark?? If not i would call over there and raise hell!! my sister in law used to be a manager there and i've heard stories of this before and them helping out for the damage.

BigBadStang
08-02-2007, 11:39 AM
that sucks nutz that your ride got bashed!

But the home depot will tell you to get bent as well. most all places anymore, have signs posted at the cart corral that you are parking at your own risk, and the store/company is not liable. just like they wont pay if someone bashes the window out, and steals your shit. it's just too much of a liability obligation for the company.

do you have a "Fastenal" store in your area?
they have damn near anything you could want as far as fasteners go.
i tried the "hardware store" bolts before with horrendous results, and i will NOT buy them ever again.

ricks_85_gt
08-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Dude shopping carts ANYWHERE are out for new blood. I was at a wal-mart one time and i swear this one cart was goin a thousand miles an hour and creamed this new camaro it hit the door and damn did it do some damage. The cart came from out of nowhere. shopping carts are deadly and they hate new cars.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I think i'd rather dodge carts than go to HD....i hate that store. I can never find jack crap in that place and half the time it's because they don't have it.

IWRBB
08-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Consider the slope of the lot when you park. You can be way out at the end but that'll do you no good if the lot slopes towards where you parked.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Just do what i do.....park next to the nicest 2 cars you can find. For me at least, they're gonna be careful not to ding my doors because they're crap anyways and it'll just chip THEIR paint...plus if you have cars on both sides there's less chance of a cart hitting you. But, that's all from the perspective of the guy with the primer paint job...i can touch up my paint for $3 :lol:

ricks_85_gt
08-02-2007, 02:27 PM
primer is finer!!

firestang70
08-02-2007, 03:00 PM
I know Bill well and sure he was parked in no mans land. I told him also to park uphill, those carts are evil!

Blackballed
08-02-2007, 03:21 PM
I got a date with Dent Wizard on Monday to see if they can get it out. Over all it was just a expensive visit to the store. Live and learn. Unfortanetly I learned the hard way, and Dale you were right I was parked in no mans land.

'92Stang
08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your car Bill. hope it all works out for you:(

MrsAPE
08-02-2007, 04:39 PM
ouch!!

untamed
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
The same thing happened to me in the parking lot at my work. I park in the last spot as far out in the lot as I can get. One day there was a pretty good wind storm that came rolling in and of course my car got creamed by a cart. The only safe place for a nice car is in the garage and unfortunately, You can't keep them locked up all the time. I feel for you Bill. It does suck. Really sorry to hear that.

chuck
08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Damn Bill that stinks! If you get Troy @ Dent Wizard,he is cool as hell and does amazing work too!!!