PDA

View Full Version : Damn heat!

dedpedal
08-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Ive literaly had it with this shit! This past week has been simply a week in hell. All week long, Ive been subjected to temps way over the century mark (thats 100 for you slow pokes). One day, and I thought it couldnt get any worse, I was cooped up in a sunroom with no air OR ventalation. I dont know exactly how hot it got,but I was sweating out of pores I didnt even know I had. You know that funny feeling you get when a bead of sweat rolls down your back and perfectly finds your asscrack? Yea, thats what it felt like.
Another day (weds I think) was skylites. Ever stick your face in an oven? Yup, just like that. I almost passed out everytime I came down the ladder. Id say it was better than 140. Ive seen 160+ up in those holes in the ceiling that lead to the glass. I didnt have anyway to actualy read the temps till today. I swiped a digital thermometer from the office.
I was stuck in an athletic director/ gym teachers office. No air moving whatsoever. no doors to open other than the one leading to the hall and it wasnt any better there. I bounced the temps around a bit just to see and wow! 120 at the ceiling! I know heat rises and all that but it was a solid 110 on the floor out of the sun and 145 on the dark carpet IN the sun.
I felt like a potroast on slow cook. Really, I could have dropped a couple boulion cubes down my crack and made gravy. Hmmm that sounds right tasty doesnt it? Kev's Man Gravy. Carefuly blended from fine spices and ass sweat. Drip in some body juice from the upper portion of the cranium and cook at 120 degrees for 4 hours. Naaa I dont think so either.
So, on to the moral(?) or whatever my heatsoaked brain was trying to convey here. Oh yea. Be careful out there . Stay hydrated and dont be alone.

Foxxx5oh
08-03-2007, 07:59 PM
yeah, im in it all day too, we recorded temps of 118 in our building with all our bay doors open, but it didnt help it hit 98 outside :(

331TwistedWedge
08-03-2007, 08:03 PM
i want you to come visit this post when its 5 degrees out, with 30 mph winds ... i will take the heat any day over the cold ... cold weather sucks ass ...

Foxxx5oh
08-03-2007, 08:19 PM
i wont be bitching, ill be in the heat...LOL

untamed
08-03-2007, 08:42 PM
i want you to come visit this post when its 5 degrees out, with 30 mph winds ... i will take the heat any day over the cold ... cold weather sucks ass ...

I hear ya. I'm with you.:D

mustang8998
08-04-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm trying to figure out, why someone would put tint, in a sun room?

I thought the idea was to get all the sun light availible. :dunno:

YouGotJunk
08-04-2007, 01:57 AM
atleast you can dress for the cold.....cant really do much about the heat though....you can run around naked and it's still fking hot!!!! And yes...I work out in this shit all day long too...10 hour days 4-5 days a week...IT SUCKS!!

Mista Bone
08-04-2007, 02:02 AM
I'll take the cold anyday.

But then again I worked in 0F-35F temps for twenty years.

Working on the hotside of the warehouse, 10 tiers up it was 135-140F on the meat thermometers used by resturants.

Nope, never again will I work in a hot warehouse or dock as a regular job.

mach_u
08-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I'll take the hot over the cold anytime, there is just nothing like a bright sunny day. Winter is too depressing! There are definite extremes here though - that's one of the things I miss about where we lived in New Zealand - not usually bellow 55/60 and not usually over 85 in summer plus we lived right on the coast so you could dip in the ocean anytime you wanted to cool off! :bigthumb

facemelter71
08-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Im not that bad right now,its about 70 in here over at volvo.I did work at premier constuction and it was ass sweltering.I know how you guys feel.

95redstang
08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
It was pretty hot yesterday. I was on the other side of the river walking down dixie highway to Remke mart. I was at some church over there with our Escalade driving for a wedding. I decided just to walk to the store while the ceremony was going on. Good lord was that dumb. I was wearing a long sleeve black button up and tie with a tshirt under it. I should have just drove to the damn store. I had sweat running down the crack of my ass...

dedpedal
08-04-2007, 10:45 AM
At least in the wintertime, Im inside with heat. No problem there unless its sunny out and Im still sweating my balls into jelly.

i wont be bitching, ill be in the heat...LOL:bigthumb

I'm trying to figure out, why someone would put tint, in a sun room?

I thought the idea was to get all the sun light availible. :dunno:

Sometimes, the sun is just TOO much, even in a sunroom.

Buckeye
08-04-2007, 10:47 AM
MMMMMM man gravy ! :barf::barf: