PDA

View Full Version : POS Car trailers.

DeckerEnt
08-04-2007, 01:16 AM
After a few years as the basis for our parade floats for the 4th of july, I decided to take my car trailer to the farm and remove the wood deck and "get rid of it" Damn that was a huge fire. So after letting the fire almost burn itself out in the pit, I proceed to put the ramps back on and wouldn't you know, the main pin is all rusty and would not go in so I just strapped the ramps to the trailer and head home. Well I get about 6 miles from the farm and I loose a fender. No big deal, I see where it stopped so I go back to get it. I notice that both ramps are gone too. Now I have to turn around and creep backtracking my way all the way to the barn. I find one on my way to the barn and I find the other on my 3rd trip from where I lost the fender and the barn. Nothing like burning up 3 hours looking for stuff.
I found all my stuff and am now at my shop and ready to go home. Hope she left me a cold one, I need it tonight.
Keith

dedpedal
08-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Beware of falling parts!

DeckerEnt
08-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Your car wasn't on the trailer at the time.
Keith

dedpedal
08-04-2007, 03:24 PM
LOL, I hope it never NEEDS your trailer either.

DeckerEnt
08-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Me too. It isn't worthy of your car.
Keith

dedpedal
08-06-2007, 09:59 PM
After tonight, I have to agree with you. That trailer is lacking in alot of anemities, such as springs, lights, brakes and shiny tiedowns. After picking up the car I noticed the rear bumper on the van waving to me. I got a mental image of the bumper waving bye bye as it departed from the frame of the van and dug into the first pothole thus flippinf said trailer (with coupe firmly attached) onto the top of the van. At least we probably could have still gotten it home that way. Thanks, the beer was much needed to calm my shattered nerves. Next time you have to tow something, dont use your trailer OR your van. I think my testicles have shrunken to the size of golf balls. I dont know how you could reproduce after as many years as you have driving in that oppressive heat.Im glad we made it home safe and sound with the car intact.
Hard to believe that we had to get out of the van to cool down.
Im gonna go soak my balls now.

:) :) :) :)