PDA

View Full Version : LOVELY WEATHER

R825OH
08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Wow can it get any hotter ? We're going over to our friends to swim and chill in the pool !!:cool1:

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-08-2007, 12:54 PM
The news said today it could be the hottest day in over a decade with a heat index of 105-110.

5.0Greaser
08-08-2007, 12:54 PM
:booty: Thats what i think of this heat :lol:

Swiming sounds like a great idea.Damn i dont have a pool :mad:

R825OH
08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
river time for you^^^

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
I live in an apartment....my pool is the public pool, and i think i'd rather take a dunk in the little miami before i hit that place up. I've been wanting to do some work on my car all week but it's just too damn hot to go out there and stand in the sun.

5.0Greaser
08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Yeah we have a pool at my place to and im not in the mood to swim with a bunch of kids in a piss filled pool.Id rather brake out a tube and hit the little miami or something.Or go to the park over hear and tube there.

aangel
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
We have a pool but I never get in it until it cools off in the evening. I have no desire to be out in the hot, broiling sun (fair skinned, red hair). You're more than welcome to swing by and take a dive!

The diving board is broke but hell, with 30,000 gallons of refreshing water who needs it...or who can afford 800 bucks for a new one! :confused:

Took the handrail in the shallow end out b/c the boyz think they can slide down it on their bare feet...already had one cracked head so it's history...

~Angel

p.s. NO SPEEDOS PERMITTED! EVER!

5.0Greaser
08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow wish i had a pool like that in my back yard haha.

aangel
08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
OMG! Just thought to myself... Wouldn't that be a frig'n hoot! Hubby comes home from a hard ass day doing a first rough to find a bunch of Stangbangerz lounging around with cool ones in da pull... HE HE.... :bigthumb

I'd be like, "Baby, didn't you get the invite?" :HYF:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Holly
08-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I took the solar cover off mine last Thursday because it was 92 degrees in there according to my little turtle floating around. :lol:

Anyways, the evening air cools it off, it's usually stays around 82-84 if I leave it off.

Unfortunately, I don't get to use mine much, except on the weekends. Seems like I always have something going on in the evenings, plus the kitties sit in the window and watch me out back when I'm in the pool like I'm the meanest person in the world for not being in the house petting them (you have to have a cat to understand their weird personalities).

I have spent more time in my pool this year than I have in the 7 years that I have lived in Vinny's (my) house. It's my weekend relaxation. Vinny used to keep it going for me and Amanda, all I did was lay on a raft. ;) Now I have to do the hard part, maintaining the damn thing. They are a lot of work.

facemelter71
08-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I have no pool,my girlfriends parents do but Im not sure they like me enough to go swimming in it.Any one around the west chester fairfield colerain area?I bring beer.!

Black Hole
08-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh hell....it's not THAT hot.

I just ran a couple of errands and went to the doctor in the Jeep with the top off and no A/C......I was barely sweating and that was really only when I was sitting still.

Holly
08-08-2007, 02:30 PM

Downtown thermometer on the corner of 4th and Walnut says 105. :eek:

The humidity is what is killing us!

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-08-2007, 02:40 PM

I just ran a couple of errands and went to the doctor in the Jeep with the top off and no A/C......I was barely sweating and that was really only when I was sitting still.

Says the guy driving a topless Jeep! Try cruising around in either my black Cherokee or my black Bronco or my flat black Mustang! :lol:

R825OH
08-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought I was gonna melt when I went to get a Frappachino

92BlackStang
08-08-2007, 03:22 PM
yes very hot out,I work outside and we got off early cause of heat.

FireStang02
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah its freakin hot. Days like today make me rethink my career choice of bein a fireman. You think its hot outside already...Try adding on a winter coat, long johns and wearing a 35 lb back pack...Thats how it feels..Its almost unbearable.

venomous_svt
08-08-2007, 03:58 PM
chill in the pool hell its says its 92 degrees by the temp gauge....I HATE SUMMER!!!

aangel
08-08-2007, 04:01 PM
;) Now I have to do the hard part, maintaining the damn thing. They are a lot of work.

... for ten years I'm the only one that takes care of the pool, the hubby is too damned lazy (however at the end of season he does help with winterizing). The inground is a major pain in the ass to take care of... the chemicals cost an arm and a leg... If I didn't keep it going it would be a 16x32 big green pond and you'd be bringing your fishing poles rather than your swimming trunks!

They're work, they're a pain in the ass, they're expensive, but it's worth it I reckon for the fun it provides for the kiddies... The "adult" parties are fun too here and there... ;) NO not that kind of adult party...! :bigthumb

MADMOD
08-08-2007, 04:39 PM

You must work in the A/C........

Rick93coupe
08-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Its hot as balls out here, I cant wait to get in the GTi and put the a/c on subzero!

dedpedal
08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Im glad I had a cup of coffee for lunch.

Black Hole
08-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Says the guy driving a topless Jeep! Try cruising around in either my black Cherokee or my black Bronco or my flat black Mustang! :lol:
:D

Yeah...if the top was on, I'd probably be dead.....that convertible top turns that thing into a frickin oven!!!!!

You must work in the A/C........
Yup...I do. But it's a crapshoot whether it'll be 60* or 80*. :dunno:

DeckerEnt
08-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Supposed to be 100 tomorrow and my air at my house decides that this is a good time to quit working. I have a call in to "my air guy" But you know how nuts busy they are this time of year. I pray he gets me on his schedule tomorrow. I went to wally world and fought an old lady for a few ocilating fans. I am sweating just standing here typeing this.
Keith

Xuzhu
08-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I guess I'm lucky to work in a box factory then :( Add about 10-15 degrees and that's what it feels like inside that hell hole!

aangel
08-09-2007, 12:43 AM
... Our C/A at home hasn't worked in a few years, have a couple window units--the kids bunk together or sleep with me and dad (king size bed does come in handy). And of course, less we forget 'da pull'...

While I'm in nursing school, my working gig these days is serving tables at a local pub/cafe and the f'ng AC is on the blitz... 85 degrees in that hole! How frig'n miserable is that! Heat, humidity, greasy food! Yuk! Who the f'k wants some greasy, swetty server bringing them food! DISGUSTING! I just wanted to say f'k this, I quit ... (yeah right)! I'm telling you what, that place was beyond miserable tonight, not to mention not making jack shit in tips! Sales are WAY down these past few days!

Tips you say? Tight ass frig'n people...that's a rant in itself... :mad: stay tuned... I'm not finished.... :boxing:

:AR15:

mach_u
08-09-2007, 07:55 AM
While I'm in nursing school, my working gig these days is serving tables at a local pub/cafe and the f'ng AC is on the blitz... 85 degrees in that hole! How frig'n miserable is that! Heat, humidity, greasy food! Yuk!
Yeah our A/C back in the kitchen has not worked right @ O'Charley's for the last 5yrs I've worked their. It feels like every summer is worse than the next! I'm really not looking forward to going in tomorrow night. :( It doesn't help than I run food so I am constantly moving and sweating! Nothing worse than the guy bringing your food, with the back of his shirt soaked with sweat. Eww!

DeckerEnt
08-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Supposed to be 100 tomorrow and my air at my house decides that this is a good time to quit working. I have a call in to "my air guy" But you know how nuts busy they are this time of year. I pray he gets me on his schedule tomorrow. I went to wally world and fought an old lady for a few ocilating fans. I am sweating just standing here typeing this.
Keith

My heating and air guy came through big time for me today. 2 grand later, I got AC!!!!
Keith

R825OH
08-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Owwww ! but its really cooool!!!!

aangel
08-10-2007, 12:23 AM
My heating and air guy came through big time for me today. 2 grand later, I got AC!!!!
Keith

2 GRAND? WTH? Did you buy an entire new C/A unit?

aangel
08-10-2007, 12:34 AM
We have a pool but I never get in it until it cools off in the evening.

p.s. NO SPEEDOS PERMITTED! EVER!

... I've been gripe'n and bitch'n about no ac at home, no ac at work, I get off work, craving a tall ice cold draft at my local pub, but low and frig'n behold! THE PLACE HAS NO AC! I think it's a curse!

So at about midnight after getting home and the entire house is asleep... I quitely sneak to the bathroom to deposit that tall draft... say heck with the hot swetty ass "smelling like a french fry" work clothes... quietly make my way to the back sliding glass doors with my towel draped around me, walk down the steps, drop the towel, and slowly easy into 'da pull' ... all by myself, no kids, no worries, no hassles... only the crickets chirping... aaahhhh... it felt so fine! I definitely have a new found appreciation for that "pain in my ass" pool... Definitely cooled me down a few degrees, enough to relax a bit before turning in...

aaahhh life is good... :bigthumb

aangel
08-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Its hot as balls out here, I cant wait to get in the GTi and put the a/c on subzero!

Dare I ask...but exactly what kind of balls are you referring to? golf balls, baseballs, footballs, basketballs? And how do you measure the temperature?

Nevermind, I don't think I want to know... :lol:

Just chuck'n with you farley... :lol:

DeckerEnt
08-10-2007, 01:20 AM
The unit outside was toast. That was 1800. Another 200 for the concrete pad and install.
Keith

Black Hole
08-10-2007, 08:33 AM
The unit outside was toast. That was 1800. Another 200 for the concrete pad and install.
Keith
I got lucky when mine went out last week.....I ended up replacing the outer fuse block, box, and a couple of fuses (there must have been a slow blow in one of the fuses and it fried the block and a good 6" of wire) costing me only $25 and I was up and running an hour later. :D

DeckerEnt
08-10-2007, 09:00 AM
You got lucky.. My outside unit was old. It said Chrysler Corperation on it.LOL Has to be 30+ years old. Furnace should go in fall.
Keith

aangel
08-10-2007, 12:29 PM
We got our new C/A unit about four years ago...worked one year... let's just say don't do business with family...