PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a BMV/Title worker?

Kevin Doe
08-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Long story short, my bank is a bunch of morons. I purchased my RX-7 with a loan from the bank. After I bought the car, I trailered it up to get a VIN inspection done. Then I took the VIN inspection, Maryland title (from the seller), and the lien release document that went with it to my bank. They were supposed to do the title transfer for me, and file it electronically.

Well that was back in October. After countless phone calls and frusturated faxes, aparently they are just now trying to process the title transfer, and I find out they tell me my Out of State VIN Inspection is expired (they're only good for 30 days). My car is not drivable, and not trailerable (no suspension or anything on it).

I need to find someone who can come to my house and do the VIN inspection. I am willing to pay for their time and the favor. Please let me know what you can do for me, or if you might know someone who can help. I am at my wits end with my bank, and I don't know what to do otherwise.

Thanks,
Kevin
513-324-1766

Black Hole
08-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Dumb question, but have you gone to your local BMV and talked to them?

Perhaps if you explain the situation to them, they would just setup something with you? :dunno:

I know my local BMV is pretty cool....and especially if you know of anyone who deals with them on a regular basis, maybe they could help butter them up? (for example my buddy is a mechanic for a small shop who buys and sells cars on the side....they always work with the same couple of agents at the Dent BMV so they know them pretty well. Maybe someone you know up in your neck of the woods has a similar relationship and could help ya out. ;) )

Kevin Doe
08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I talked to the BMV, and there's no budging. I found someone to help me out. Thanks!