PDA

View Full Version : I bought o-ringed heads...now what gasket??

satan jamez
08-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I bought a set of heads that have been o-ringed. I see that felpro makes this gasket :http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FPP%2D1006&autoview=sku
But are all grooves created equal? I hear of people sealing heads like this so many ways my head is spinning(no pun intended). If having a copper wire laid into the groove and then using a regular gasket is the way to go then please direct me to the nearest place that can do this for me. I know i'd rather not have the heads milled to remove the groove because the head surface is not damaged. If I can get this figured out I can finally get started on this project:)

Thanks,
Bob

Jeff88coupe
08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I would just use the Felpro 1006's....I'm sure Craig can get them for you. Is there a reason you got a set of o-ring'ed heads? You planning on running boost?

satan jamez
08-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I would just use the Felpro 1006's....I'm sure Craig can get them for you. Is there a reason you got a set of o-ring'ed heads? You planning on running boost?

I bought the heads from corral and he had forgot to mention they were o-ringed. No big deal since I will eventually run nitrous.

nitrous_mike
08-09-2007, 09:38 PM
I would just use the Felpro 1006's....
What Jeff said, I have dumped a lot of nitrous on a higher CR motor with the 1006's and no problems.