PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP!

98stangv6
08-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Well I have my tranny out, in the process of putting my new clutch in and the clutch/throwout bearing fork has one clip broken off (the top right) that holds the fork on the ball stud in the bellhousing. The car is a 98 v6 t5. I NEED this part if anyone has one and is willing to meet me tomorrow to sell it. Or what would happen if I went ahead and used the part anyways? Any idea how much the part would cost from the dealer? I have to work tomorrow and planned on having the car together. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n6/filluptheday/CIMG1160.jpg

mustangrfast88
08-12-2007, 08:40 PM
i wouldnt put it back together intell you get the piece the is what holds pressue on the ball in the bellhousing and if you did put it back together and it comes off some how you will have to pull the trans back out and fix it again

98stangv6
08-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Any idea how likely it would be to come off? I plan on going to Ford tomorrow to price a new one, hopefully it's not going to cost an arm and a leg.

331TwistedWedge
08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Any idea how likely it would be to come off? I plan on going to Ford tomorrow to price a new one, hopefully it's not going to cost an arm and a leg.

well this part takes pretty much abuse (every time you push in the clutch) i wouldn't chance it, you might be pulling your tranny a day or two later ... buy a new one, they are cheap ...