PDA

View Full Version : NMRA P/S F/S Shortblock NEW!!!!!

todd86
08-12-2007, 09:06 PM
was thinking about selling my new shortblock:
stock block, decked, align honed
28oz balance
lightened PBM steel crank balanced and knife edged
I-beam rods
ULTRA lightweight pistons and pins (404grams w/ pins)
N/A ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
new 28oz sfi balancer
DSS girdle w/ windage tray
custom cam for pure street but w/ 1.5 rockers would fit F/S rules
cam has 5degrees more duration than anderson mtrsprts n111p 499 lift
engine builder said 74-7800 shift point
$4500+ invested
ALL PARTS ARE NEW!!!
$3000 or trade for?

todd86
08-12-2007, 09:09 PM
pistons cut for inline heads
will run easy high 10's w/ good heads

todd86
08-13-2007, 09:19 AM
may trade for nice blow-thru carb and 70mm or bigger turbo kit or d series procharger or t-trim kit

todd86
08-15-2007, 09:36 PM
BUMP!

todd86
08-17-2007, 11:40 PM
I HAVE THE WHOLE COMBO TO RUN MID TENS IN PURE STREET CARBED.
MSD DIST, AIR GAP INTAKE,$800 650 CARB, BILLET 9-WAY TORRINGTON BEARING TIMING SET, MAC 1 3/4 LONG TUBES, X-PIPE, BULLET MUFFLERS, 4.88 GEARS, MAXXED OUT EDELBROCK PERFORMER HEADS W/ TITANIUM RETAINERS, 7/16 STUDS, 1.6 STUD-MOUNT ROCKERS, PUSHRODS, HEADS ARE PORTED BIG TIME, 202 160. ARP HEAD BOLTS
MCLEOD BLOW PROOF TREMEC OR T-5 BELL
SPEC ALUM FLYWHEEL
SPEC CLUTCH
LIBERTY DOG RING PROSHIFTED TKO600 JUST FRESHENED
EXTENDED CLUTCH FORK
FIREWALL ADJUSTER
ADJ CABLE
ALL THIS STUFF ON THE SHORTBLOCK LISTED ABOVE WOULD BE A COMPETITIVE SETUP FOR NMRA PURE STREET

$6500 FOR IT ALL W/ SHORTBLOCK
$10000 PLUS OF PARTS
WILL NOT SEPERATE

todd86
08-17-2007, 11:45 PM
HEADS, EXHAUST,TRANS IN CAR AND WONT BE AVAIL TILL 2ND WEEK OF SEPTEMBER

Brandon Alsept
08-18-2007, 08:38 AM
On the trans Todd what first gear does it have and are you looking to sell it seperate?

rmracing
08-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Come on out and run pure street with us at columbus in 2 weeks . What is the fastest that combo has run ?

Rocky

todd86
08-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Brandon, I'm not interested now cuz its in my car. I don't remember which first gear it has. I may seperate later.
Rocky, The heads came off a p/s car that was efi and no tuning(chip or anything) and never on a dyno and it went 11.23 nmra legal 2 years ago. The heads are on my r/s stock cam engine right now, besides I think I figured out the bushing the lifter bore trick and that engine doesnt have it done to it, ya know bout bottoming the lifters I'm sure. Plus even though these heads are super nice, I think there are better heads to be had for the class. If the stuff dont sell I'm gonna bush the lifters and put the combo together over the off season. I don't wanna spend money racing it at columbus when I know the combo isn't close to being maxxed out. You ever tried a carb setup on yours?
Andersons car is awfull fast at that much weight. If the stuff dont sell I'm gonna sell the motor thats in my car now and run some p/s events next year. I'm sure none of the 10.30 cars have edelbrock heads. I think I' close on the cam, Do you?

rmracing
08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Brad ran 10.40s a couple years ago with edelbrock heads . I have a Pure street carb that Ron Anderson built for me for sale if your interested . I dont know much about carbs and it ran about the same time as my efi the only time it was at the track with the carb . Ron took the carb home from the columbus race last year and put it on his car and got it dialed in right and sent it back to me . I never put it back on , got tired of swapping out parts and decided to stick with 1 combo that i know best , my efi . I wouldnt waste money on the lifterbushings unless you have lots to blow . I cant give out to much info but i can tell you for a fact that i have seen a 10.20s p/s pass and the lifters had very little preload . There is more than 1 way to skin a cat. You are somewhat close on the cam . Whats the lobe sep. ?

Later ,
Rocky

todd86
08-21-2007, 09:27 PM
106 lobe sep, you dont think bottoming the lifters would be a big advantage? I was afraid to go any less than 106, sound right to you?

rmracing
08-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I wouldnt try any tighter lobe sep either . The profile of the cam will determine what you will need to do with springs and lifters . If you run a less agressive cam profile they are usually easier to rpm with and they dont need as much spring pressure and they dont beat the lifter to death . You could run lots of spring pressure and almost bottom the lifters and run a aggresive cam but you will eventually break a lifter and possibly take out other stuff in the process .That setup usually beats up the seats very bad also . It takes time to figure it out trying cams etc. but I can tell you that I have tried it both ways and I have had no problem spinning 8500 with out bottoming the lifters .

Is your cam from anderson ? If so I would use there springs and 1 turn preload as there cams usually are not real agressive and work well that way.

Rocky

todd86
08-22-2007, 09:38 AM
It is a comp cam but I based the grind off the n-111-p and just added duration@50 is 250 int 258 exh and the springs i'm using are what came with the anderson n-111-p cam. I've got 175lbs closed 325lbs open. So in your opinion the cost of maintaining the valvetrain would be outweigh the solid lifter theory. Thanks for the help!
Todd

todd86
08-22-2007, 09:41 AM
You've definatly got me thinking about bowling green!