PDA

View Full Version : STUPID F'IN IDIOT DRIVERS!!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-13-2007, 10:03 PM
*****FOUL LANGUAGE WARNING******

Oh man...where do i start? Well as some might have noticed i've got this '88 Bronco i'm trying to sell in the classifieds. It's a pretty stout truck for being a little on the ugly side. I'm trying to sell it to buy another car...and i'm pretty anxious to get that other car so i drop the price a couple times and take a hit just to get it sold and get me the car i'm wanting. Typical? Yeah...happens all the time, no big deal.

So....i get a bunch of calls....people are interested but nobody has cash. That happens...no biggie. Then today i get a call, this kid wants it and has cash. Awesome! He says meet me at Harbor Freight in 20 minutes. Kick Ass!! So off i go, my son with me. We meet up, he looks it over and decides he wants it and it's a done deal. We make plans to meet up tomorrow morning at the BMV and exchange the title and cash. I'm stoked because now i can get this car i'm trying to get. On top of this, keep in mind that i start a new job Wednesday at 7am....

Well, out the parking lot i go heading back home....thinking about i need to get my stuff out of the truck and call the other guy about the car. It's rushhour on 125...pretty good amount of traffic. I'm driving along actually goint a bit under the speed limit....next thing i know this FUCKING VAN pulls right out in front of me from behind the right lane....i didn't have any warning, i didn't see this fucking guy, he didn't even pause to see if i was coming. Apparently the last guy in the other lane had stopped to let him out (typical, everyone does it) but instead of waiting to see if the other lane was clear, this fucking dumbass just pulls it out RIGHT in front of me and my 40mph 3k lb Bronco. All i could do is stab the brakes and steer it towards his back door and try not to hit is fucking dumb ass and hurt him.

So now....i'm so pissed that all i can do is keep myself from knocking this guy out. He's a bit on the older side so i try my best to be polite even though on the inside I WANT TO BREAK HIS FUCKING FACE. First i jump into the back seat and look my son over, who is equally pissed it seemed. Then i go to get out of the truck....NOPE! YOUR DOOR IS BUCKLED SHUT!

So i basically sit there since traffic is coming around the passenger side and i'm not about to get out and take my son through traffic. So this dumb fucker is saying he's sorry and he didn't see me and the other guy waved him out....i said yeah man but didn't you see me coming? He says "no i couldn't see around the guy letting me out" :HYF: What kind of fucking moron would pull out into a lane of traffic if he can't see what's coming????? :AR15:

I swear guys if i were in my coupe and this happened, i probably would be in jail right now. In the end though it's all good because i should get at least what i was selling it for from his insurance, i just have to jump through hoops to get it. I'm glad nobody was hurt....if my son was hurt i probably would've killed the guy.

Foxxx5oh
08-13-2007, 10:06 PM
hey, grab a cold one and be glad you have some restraint and be thankful you and your son are ok...how bad is the II?

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-13-2007, 10:11 PM
hey, grab a cold one and be glad you have some restraint and be thankful you and your son are ok...how bad is the II?

I'm cool man....i just vent and move on. The II is fucked....the whole radiator and core support are crushed up to the engine and the radiator is obliterated. The driver's fender is all up into the door. I took phone pics...i'll see if i can get'em posted. He drove off in his minivan...his sliding door was screwed pretty bad....it might even be bad enough to write off but it was drivable.

Foxxx5oh
08-13-2007, 10:32 PM
did you get his info? or at least a police report? i guess one way or another youll have the money for a new ride...hopeully

PaulFiveOh
08-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Glad to hear you and your boy are all right.

92BlackStang
08-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Glad to hear you and your boy are all right.

2nd that :bigthumb

stangman_5
08-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Sucks to hear that dude. I have shit like that happen to me all the time when my son is in the car :mad: and I dont like that shit. I think the worst is when people ride your ass so close they practicaly push you, that scares me because my son is only 17 months and he obviously has to ride in the back. :HYF: for all the ass hole drivers out there.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah an officer showed up and there was a guy who played witness too and actually told the cop exactly what happened and told him there's no way i could've seen him or even stopped in time. So it's all good in the end, it just really stressed me out and pretty much ruined my day and now i've gotta play with the insurance people to get my money.

Ya know this is a lesson though....and it really makes you think because this happens a lot. When i started to explain what happened to the cop, he stopped me short and said he knows it all to well. He said that's 75% of the wrecks on 125 is from one lane stopping to let someone out and the other lane doesn't stop or see them coming out. He said he wished there was some kind of law against it but he can't cite anyone on it.

When i told him that i had just about sold it, he recommended that i look up the KBB on it and tell the insurance company that that's how much i was selling it for or whichever was the most, and to tell them about my job situation and how it's putting strain on things. He said that should get me the money i originally wanted for it.

Foxxx5oh
08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
werd on the nice cop! thats a rarity!

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
werd on the nice cop! thats a rarity!

Yeah there's a few around here...a lot of it just depends on the situation. A lot of times in my case i have to say there's a bit of stereotype involved since i have visible tattoos and some nice fat holes in my ears :lol: But i think the guy who came in as a witness really helped me a lot and i thanked him for it. Plus at that time i didn't much care about anything except my boy and i think he noticed that a lot. We sat in the truck until the cop got there because the fender was up into my door, and there was traffic on the other side....but then i started to smell gas and decided it was time to get out.

aangel
08-13-2007, 11:35 PM
DAMN DUDE! That really stinks. I'm sorry to hear about that. Where at on 125 did it happen?

Mind if I join in on your rant?

I've lived in WTVille for 10 years and SAME FRIG'N THING happened to me up here in front of Subway... My '94 Lumina 4dr, both kids at the time in the car, little kids at the time...still in car seats, thank god! (Now that I think about it, what's really frig'n weird, is that I was on my way to see Holly!!!)

Traffic stopped, dude in the far right lane waived out the dumb ass pizza delivery driver and SAME THING he didn't even pause to look and I sure in the hell wasn't expecting or did I see him! He busted ass out of there turning left and was actually looking to his right, I was in the left oncoming lane, when I totally frig'n T-Boned his ass in his driver door at about 35/40 MPH... I thought I killed the guy... he spun like twice in a complete circle and ended up down nearly right in front of the fire station at Banks... I will NEVER forget the look in that dude's face when he was, most likely, soiling his pants right about then!

I was so shaken up by hitting him and the kids were screaming... It's the only time in my driving career that I've hit someone / my worst and only accident (KNOCK ON WOOD).

First thing the punked said to the officer was "She hit me..." I'm like what in the F*#@??? I wanted to hit him... Even weirder (is that word?) is that you know how traffic gets backed up on 125 if there is the least little bit of traffice or forbid an accident... My Dad was back in traffic and when he came up on the accident he about had heart failure and got into a heated "discussion" shall we say when the State Boy wouldn't let him pull off to check on me... That was kind of cool hearing my Dad go off and scream at him "That's my daughter and my grandsons in that car, let me through!"

Actually, the State HP told me that if the person that waived them out would have stopped, they would have been ticketed too for having a part in causing the accident.

Any how, needless to say, I ALWAYS pay attention to when people are stopped and even look like they are about to wave someone out... I get honked at, beeped at, cursed at b/c I will NOT stop and let someone out if they're turning left...when traffic is stopped that is on 125, and if I don't know which way they're turning and they're frig'n turn signals don't seem to be working, I won't let them out... I'll yield and let someone pulling right out... If I'm turning left onto 125 and traffic is stopped and someone waives me out, NO THANKS... I'll wait.

AND ANOTHER THING! The CENTER LANE on 125 is NOT A FRIG'N

"PULL OUT AND WAIT TO MERGE RIGHT LANE" State HP told me they ticket for that if they catch it... that is, when you pull left onto 125 and get into the center lane to get over and merge into traffic, that's an illegal "something or other" lane change or something. Swear, that's what the State HP told me! It's a turning lane, not a merge lane...

Anywho, thanks for letting me vent on your vent and again I'm really sorry to hear your bad news BUT! Every cloud has a silver lining, right? You may end up coming out ahead with the insurance...? Best of luck to you!

~Angel

p.s. OH, the pizza delivery dude that I T-BONED... when we was waiting on the State Highway Patrol to show up, he's like "I'll buy you a couple pizzas mam..." LOL! I so wanted to kick him in his nuts! :HYF:

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-13-2007, 11:38 PM
It happened down in front of Olive Garden. It's actually happened to me a few times, this is just the only time i wasn't able to stop and miss the stupid person. It happened once in my old '88 GT and MAN did i barely miss that chick, and she blamed me!

aangel
08-13-2007, 11:43 PM
I know! WHY would you make a left onto that god forsaken Route 125 if you don't have a clear visual of ALL oncoming traffic! People are so frig'n ignorant! That dude couldn't believe that he was cited at fault????

5.0Greaser
08-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Damn that sucks.Some people are just flat out stupid :HYF:.But glad to hear you and your son are ok.Thats the most important thing.Im sure things will go as planed and you will get your money from it.Then you can get your new car.:bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-13-2007, 11:48 PM
No he actually owned up to it and said he didn't see me coming. He actually called me a couple hours ago saying he was sorry again and giving me more info on his insurance so i guess he feels bad.

5.0Greaser
08-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Well thats cool.Atleast he called and said he was sorry.Some people out there could care less and you would never hear from them.

Mista Bone
08-14-2007, 01:18 AM
going back to a wreck I was involved in, the guy that motioned the van out can be held at fault IF you can find him.

I was motioned out ontp Pigeon Forge parkway, had to cross two right turns lanes near Dollywood, I edged out into the first straight thru lane and a 90 white Caviler wagon clipped my 85 or 87 Caviler RS Coupe. Since the person that motioned me out was left the scene, I was basically at fault. Minor damage to both cars, but my son was only 3 and I was more worried about him than the car...........

esp. after the accident before put his mother into the hospital.

DeckerEnt
08-14-2007, 01:44 AM
Sucks to hear about any accident with kids inthe cars. Great to hear no one got hurt. That is the most important thing. Also good to hear that the other guy has insurance and is willing to help out.
Keith

stangman_5
08-14-2007, 07:15 AM
[QUOTE=aangel;296196]
AND ANOTHER THING! The CENTER LANE on 125 is NOT A FRIG'N

"PULL OUT AND WAIT TO MERGE RIGHT LANE" State HP told me they ticket for that if they catch it... that is, when you pull left onto 125 and get into the center lane to get over and merge into traffic, that's an illegal "something or other" lane change or something. Swear, that's what the State HP told me! It's a turning lane, not a merge lane...

QUOTE]

Damn I do that all the time on 125 I work at united carpet and that work they were doing to the road made it a shot in hell to get out of there. :HYF: for me breaking the law.

bobtsgt
08-14-2007, 08:10 AM
hope your get your cash David. That really sucks to hear. good thing that assclown had insurance.

Ryan218
08-14-2007, 09:11 AM
man that sucks...the bronco II are a pretty tough truck though for the size.....

glad you and your son didnt get hurt..

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-14-2007, 11:42 AM
man that sucks...the bronco II are a pretty tough truck though for the size.....

glad you and your son didnt get hurt..

Yeah man that truck probably saved me from really getting hurt...since it sat up pretty high i think the frame took most of the impact and i hit him going about 40mph. When i hit the brakes they just locked up and i didn't have time to even think about trying to keep them from locking up (locked up brakes don't really slow you down). There's skid marks for about 20ft which goes by just about instantly at 40mph. For some reason i can't seem to get my pics on the computer either.

Now i sit and wait for the claims guy to call me. It's probably going to be 2 weeks before i see a dime for it :mad:

aangel
08-14-2007, 01:11 PM
... Crazy isn't it? People do it all the time... Like I said, people even beep and curse me at the end of my road pulling left onto 125... Just b/c oncoming traffic is clear, I for one will not sit in the center lane waiting to merge right, what's a couple more seconds/minutes? I wait until I have a clear shot to get all the way over... What if I think that right lane is clear and someone shoots over from the far right lane? Too many things could go wrong... I take my time. The hubby on the other hand, drives me frig'n crazy. He's always in a mad dash and whips in and out and pulls out in front of people... total asshole driver...

And I will have to admit had I not been in that accident and not been informed by the SHP, I would most likely get into the center lane and wait to get over...

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah...if this asswipe would've just waited 30 more seconds to get out, neither of us would be in this mess.

aangel
08-14-2007, 01:20 PM
... People who waive me out and I shake my head "NO" give me a look like "screw you then lady"... If they only knew how many frig'n accidents happen b/c of that on 125...

We're right down from the fire station and every time I hear the sirens I wonder to myself "Hope that's nobody I know....".

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
So just like i predicted....i'm jumping through hoops. For starters my insurance company sucks total ass. Second, for some reason the guy told his insurance agent that i lived in Bethel....so there was no way they were going to find me until they called. I figured my insurance agency would take their sweet ass time since they didn't have to pay anything out, so i called his agency myself and got the ball rolling.

On a good note i do get a free rental vehicle, but they didn't have one available until tomorrow at the earliest (and i start work in the morning). So it looks like the coupe is going to serve as DD until i get this rental. Then they said no sooner than a week will i see any cash.

thejock60
08-15-2007, 12:29 PM
U guys should try living here in NC where i live it, I'm close to the tennessee border. Where for some reason they don't have to have insurance, and it's always my goal to steer clear of anyone with Tenn. plates. Also u have to be careful of any county vehicle becuase they don't have to have insurance either. Just yesterday i was driving my coupe around lunch time, a lady in what looked to be a social worker car (had yellow tags) we were crossing hwy 321 and the light just turns yellow. She slams on the brakes, I end up locking my brakes up to keep from hitting her. Its a wonder how she didn't lock hers up as fast as she stopped, and I by no means ride anyones ass its a pet peeve of mine which usually gets taken advantage of on the hwy too. i try to leave 3 car lengths atleast and someone will dive their car in between everytime. Back to the social worker, light turns green amd were on a 4 lane hwy. she decides she wants japanese food and stops in the fast lane to make a left turn. God forbid she uses the freckin turning lane.

nkystanger
08-15-2007, 03:32 PM
U guys should try living here in NC where i live it, I'm close to the tennessee border. Where for some reason they don't have to have insurance, and it's always my goal to steer clear of anyone with Tenn. plates. Also u have to be careful of any county vehicle becuase they don't have to have insurance either.

That is kinda scary to hear.

I was on my way home from Myrtle beach driving through the hills of Tenn, around Knoxville and saw a guy in an old Pontiac 4 door(tenn Plates) loose control of his car about three different times until he finally slammed into the center divide wall and flipped. He about took out me and my whole family in the process.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-15-2007, 04:15 PM
So i got my call today that they have moved it to their facility or whatever and have made the decision that it is in fact totaled (duh my 4 year old son came to the same conclusion...what do they pay these people for?). I should get my car in a day or so about a price.

So now here's the ultimate question.....what if they decide that the worth of the truck is LESS than the selling price that i was selling it for? If so then not only has this guy stressed me out, put me through hell for a week and risked bodily hard to me and my son, but now he's screwed me out of money. What options do i have then other than taking this idiot to small claims and spending even more money and time and risking not getting a penny from him?

Mista Bone
08-15-2007, 04:55 PM
if you can confirm you had a buyer at a set price, they "might" work with you.

They won't use Kelly Blue Book value either, they will use what other Bron2's have been selling for locally, then you get to decide if you wanna buy it back. My Honda was $150 to buy back, but she waived that since I didn't get the free rental for 3 days.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Well it's pretty screwed up so it would probably need the doghouse cut off and replaced....if not then the core support at the very least, not to mention the whole nose and driver's fender and probably the hood. It would be a great parts truck though since it ran fantastic and has a good trany and clutch so maybe if someone's interested in it for parts i could get it back and sell it cheap.

Mista Bone
08-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Always ask what buyback is and see if your willing to part it out for profit.

Also you'll need to ask if there will be any storage fees involved, then having it towed (still driveable?) to where your gonna cut it up.

In doing so you'll have to get a salvage title before they will cut you a check.

Just went thru this in late May.......$150 for a Civic shell, I can get $1200 in parts out of it easy :)

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah i don't see myself getting that much or anywhere near that in parts...maybe a couple hundred for the engine and trans but that's about it. The core support is all the way to the engine so i'd say it won't drive.

Mista Bone
08-15-2007, 09:45 PM
sometimes it's not worth it......but if I part the civic out the locals will be on it like pigs when they smell blood :)

wjfawb0
08-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Up until 2002 TN drivers just had to show "financial responsibility" to have no insurance, but I thought the law changed to proof of insurance then? I lived there from 2002 to 2005.

Anyhow, glad to hear you all are ok. Anytime I'm trying to sell a vehicle I always figure something like that is going to happen to me. I sold a motorcycle to a guy in Knoxville, TN a few months ago. It was going to be his first street bike, but he did have some riding experience. I drove the bike down in my pickup to make sure he got it in one piece. He was going to fly up and ride it back. I suggested that was a bad idea, and I would be more than happy to deliver it to him. I just wanted to make sure he was happy, alive and the bike was in good shape when he got it.

Mista Bone
08-16-2007, 12:53 AM
wjfawB0, I'm the same way delivering transmissions. Rather than ship I prefer to deliver.

Something about meeting the person face to face that builds trust.

Plus no worries about DIT (Damage in Transit).......

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Well to my complete and utter shock, it seems that my Bronco has a higher value than i predicted (it actually had quite a few options that are taken for granted anymore) so i'm getting back...get this....$7 and some change more than my selling price originally was..which is really kick ass. I go tomorrow to pick up the check...so i'm actually pretty pleased at how fast they've made it happen and i can't complain too much. In the end i honestly would've rather sold it for less and not risked getting my son or myself hurt, but in all reality i've still basically sold it, and i'm getting more than i was going to get from this kid so i'm happy :D

How about that? A rant that actually has a happy ending for a change!

Mista Bone
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
NICE!

Black Hole
08-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out. :bigthumb

DeckerEnt
08-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Sweet!!! Put it toward your sons colledge fund. He will thank you for it in 20 years or so.
Keith