PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Turbonetics GT-K turbos ?

nitrous_mike
08-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I am really thinking about buying one and can not find much information about people using them. I am leaning towards the GT-K 850, if that makes a difference.

ibstrokin
08-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Get in touch with Kelly(89notch) about the guy that donated the turbo for the pinks car. I believe his name is Dave @ majestic turbo, he was extremely helpful with us on the turbo.

nitrous_mike
08-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks, I have been in touch with Dave about a Borg Warrner T400SX turbo but I figured for literally only a few dollars more I could get into something maybe better like the GT-K. I will ask Dave about it as well I did not know he was a Turbonetics dealer.

Thanks, Mike.

89notch
08-16-2007, 07:32 AM
The s400 is a nice turbo how much power are you looking to make?

nitrous_mike
08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Kelly, I have no real goal for power but we all know I want as much as possible but on a super safe tune I would like to see over 550 at the wheels on pump gas . If I can not make it then I will just settle for what ever it makes. Here is a run down on the car, 308 long rod R block, eagle H beams, eagle forged crank, Ross 8.5:1 CR, Victor 5.0 intake, 75# injectors, 70mm TB for time being (well if it works then it works), 5speed, and Fast bank to Bank. I have not bought the heads yet but I am going to get Victor JR's , I have a deal on a cam but I have not gotten it yet so that is kinda holding me up on the heads, and just for the hell of it I want to see how long my T5 will last with just street driving. The car is not being built for drag racing, I am building it for open track/solo, street driving , and some top end fun. I just want a NASTY street car and to have fun again.
Thanks, Mike.

89notch
08-16-2007, 08:09 PM
I would say S400 and if you ever want to make more power its always there. People are making between 500 and 1000rwhp with this turbo. Give dave a call at majectic turbo tell him Kelly from stangbangerz sent you. www.dallasturbo.com

nitrous_mike
08-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Kelly, Thanks. Dave has been helpful so far with trying to point me in the right direction, he said the S400SX has a T4 flandge and a lot of options for other exhaust housings if I ever wanted to open it up more. I was just not sure if the Turbonetics was worth it in power/longer life to justify 300 dollars more. I just need to wait until the end of the month then I will be buying a turbo and wastegate so I can get started on the hot side.

Thanks again for the help, Mike.