PDA

View Full Version : @#$^%&$*( - Quality Hold - Ugggh!

beefcake
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
So, got my inovice 2 weeks ago today for my vehicle vin# 1zvht88s885112877,

we get an update last week, released from the plant 7/8/07 e.t.a. delivery of the 14th.

so tuesday comes and goes, wednesday, thursday, today i finally get my guy who does the orders to call.

Gal tells him my car is on quality hold. Best thing is, no idea why, or any idea of an e.t.a. of when to be released.

I'm frikin fuming right now. I knew it, I just knew it. This stuff only happens to me.

I just can't believe it.

Figured things have been going well for me, something like this would happen. LOL, i gotta laugh, i'm so friking peeved right now.

The only place the gal couldn't get ahold of was the ramp she said. So, now i'm stuck without knowing anything, knowing whats wrong with my car.

And, as much as I'm dying for one, I gotta wonder if I even want it. I mean, did they drop it loading it? How do they say it was released, and then it's still sitting there. To me that means something had to happen to it.

Sorry guys, just venting. I'm so frustrated right now. After taking over a year to finally be able to get one, then 3 months waiting for it to come in, and seeing our other store get theres like clockwork. I'm done, i've been staring out the window for 4 days waiting for a carrier to pull up.

Oh well :mad:

Black05GT
08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm not saying this is what is happening with your car, but.....

I remember waiting for my car, and this happening to some of the others on themustangsource.com. Apparently some people got that message when their car would be taken for random quality testing. So, it didn't always mean something was wrong with your car, just that they would take it and put about 20 miles or so on it testing it.

DeckerEnt
08-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Don't think the worst. You will just worry your self even more. Think of it this way, Ford is just making sure the car is perfect for YOU.
Keith

Black Horse
08-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Beef:

It doesn't mean anything is wrong with your car. Usually a "quality hold" is a precautionary measure when something is found in the factory or with a part that is questionable. Once the Root Cause of potential problem is found then the individual units can be addressed IF there is anything wrong at all (normally it is an overreaction to something). Bottom line - its better to have a vehicle on quality hold then have it in your driveway and not be able to drive it with something failed.

Suck it up, you'll be getting something we all dream about soon enough. Now, can I be first in line to drive it? *evil grin*

beefcake
08-17-2007, 03:36 PM
woo hoo,

it's on the ramp,

be here mon or tuesday

untamed
08-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Terry you sound like a little kid waiting for Christmas day.lol I am happy for you that it will finally be here soon. Congrats a a great purchase. Can't wait to see it.

bobtsgt
08-17-2007, 08:08 PM
why not take a trip out there and drive it home :D

beefcake
08-23-2007, 08:21 AM
well,

i've officially upgraded my status to pi$$ed off

my mgr says he got an email after checking yesterday, saying that the car is on quality hold, and no further updates,

last friday, our order guy called and they told him it was released from hold and on the ramp awaiting transport,

it's like who the fuk knows anything, i have now moved past the fun of ordering, the excitement, the anticipation of it getting here, to just plain irritated

i'm completely over it, i mean i'm sure if the car shows up in a week, or 2 or 3, i'll enjoy having it, but i'm really over it at this point, the fun is completely gone out of it right now

when the car actually shows up, i'll be like, oh yeah, i did order a car didn't i, i completely forgot, bid deal!

DeckerEnt
08-23-2007, 08:27 AM
I asked a GM salesman the other day about this and he says that sometimes the factory just picks a car out and goes over everything to make sure everything is perfect. Quality control. It is nothing against the customer and nothing wrong with the car, just quality control.
Hope yours arrives soon. Stay upbeat about it.
Keith

beefcake
08-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I asked a GM salesman the other day about this and he says that sometimes the factory just picks a car out and goes over everything to make sure everything is perfect. Quality control. It is nothing against the customer and nothing wrong with the car, just quality control.
Hope yours arrives soon. Stay upbeat about it.
Keith

that is not supposed to happen on ordered sold units, meaning when you order a vehicle under someones name as a presold unit,

RACEME
08-23-2007, 10:29 AM
I can't believe you were not standing at the end of the assy line. I would be up there trying to take delivery.

bobtsgt
08-23-2007, 10:38 AM
If I was an awaiting regular customer and this crap happens I would take the next flight up there and drive that bastard home. While getting the delivery fee put back in my pocket

theyallslow
08-23-2007, 10:44 AM
If I was an awaiting regular customer and this crap happens I would take the next flight up there and drive that bastard home. While getting the delivery fee put back in my pocket

good luck with that.

R825OH
08-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Any word?

JonS
08-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I would be ready to chew someone's ear off, although I think I am too impatient to ever order a car. When I decide I want something, I want it yesterday.:lol: Hopefully it will get here soon.

Foxxx5oh
08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah, it happens to other makes as well...took an extra week (and another payment on my trade) to get my Elantra when i did...i know how ya feel and can imagine it 10 fold for such a badass ride...

post 666 ftw...LOL

beefcake
08-24-2007, 04:48 PM
well,

got word today,

seems that their is an issue with the cars

apparently,

the fitment of the hood scoops isn't 100% or some crap,

unbelievable, the car has been out for over a year, and now i gotta wait an extra month because of a couple little $2 hood scoops,

i guess at least it's an answer

R825OH
08-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Patience is tough at times...