PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the wife to make a pass in the flammer

kennebellcobra
08-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Went to e20 tonight and made the wife make some runs, paid the 15.00 so then she had to:D She was very nervous and let out towards the end, went 17.544@71.70 2.648 60' then she did a little better with a 16.365@81.16 2.344 60' holding it on the limiter a couple times:eek: I am pretty proud of her...she was scared to death. I think she's hooked now and is already compairing time slips. Can't wait till next time, Something about a girl racing and driving fast car's ;)

stangman_5
08-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Thats cool I wish my girl could get into cars more. :(

JonS
08-17-2007, 11:59 PM
My wife thinks she is John Force she would have hotlapped my car all night if I let her. :lol:

dedpedal
08-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Congrats! I sort of wish Amy was more into racing, but that would double the money for cars and we would allways be fighting about who gets the new go fast goodies.

kennebellcobra
08-18-2007, 12:04 AM
My wife thinks she is John Force she would have hotlapped my car all night if I let her. :lol:

Yea, I noticed she did'nt seem nervous at all. I think you should let her run the 4 eyed stang:D

ReiKo
08-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Went to e20 tonight and made the wife make some runs, paid the 15.00 so then she had to:D She was very nervous and let out towards the end, went 17.544@71.70 2.648 60' then she did a little better with a 16.365@81.16 2.344 60' holding it on the limiter a couple times:eek: I am pretty proud of her...she was scared to death. I think she's hooked now and is already compairing time slips. Can't wait till next time, Something about a girl racing and driving fast car's ;)

You're lucky man... VERY lucky...

Mista Bone
08-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I still remember the first SN95 I watched at Edgewater. The guy look to be a Ford mechanic (Nolan?) and made 3-4 16.1 passes. (2v automatic?) and someone heckeled "my GF could drive better than that"......so he let his drive........her first time EVER down the track......15.8......

she was hooked and he was shamed......need to find another car chick :)

kennebellcobra
08-18-2007, 12:47 PM
You're lucky man... VERY lucky...

Yea, I know

kennebellcobra
08-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I still remember the first SN95 I watched at Edgewater. The guy look to be a Ford mechanic (Nolan?) and made 3-4 16.1 passes. (2v automatic?) and someone heckeled "my GF could drive better than that"......so he let his drive........her first time EVER down the track......15.8......

she was hooked and he was shamed......need to find another car chick :)

Now that's funny. I can't wait till she gets more practice and puts it the 14's at least:cool1:

Mista Bone
08-19-2007, 02:25 AM
"you've got your fast toy, I'm gonna race this one....."

How you gonna argue it......YOU CAN'T! She'll be with you at the track, then she'll get addicted and understand why you like hanging out at the track.....wrenching on two cars then.

Doubt they would allow it, take her down the track a few passes while driving at 8/10 th's

Then comes........

"Honey, I want a purdy blue bottle in my car......"

"Yes, DEAR"

kennebellcobra
08-19-2007, 04:28 PM
"you've got your fast toy, I'm gonna race this one....."

How you gonna argue it......YOU CAN'T! She'll be with you at the track, then she'll get addicted and understand why you like hanging out at the track.....wrenching on two cars then.

Doubt they would allow it, take her down the track a few passes while driving at 8/10 th's

Then comes........

"Honey, I want a purdy blue bottle in my car......"

"Yes, DEAR"

I think I got a few years before the bottle but I can't leave anything alone so who knows.

My new fear is her driving the Cobra now. I never minded it because I knew she was scared of it. She might be getting braver with it now that she has raced the fox and getting hurt cause it's crazy on street tires:eek:

Blk88GT
08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
What's a flammer? Do you mean flamer?

I intend on taking my wife for a pass in the GT when it's back up. There's no way I could get away with it anywhere local, so I plan on doing it somewhere in the US, probably Corral Day :)

kennebellcobra
08-21-2007, 05:14 PM
What's a flammer? Do you mean flamer?

I intend on taking my wife for a pass in the GT when it's back up. There's no way I could get away with it anywhere local, so I plan on doing it somewhere in the US, probably Corral Day :)

It's just a nickname for the car because it has ghost flames and yes flamer would is better:lol: