PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me?

12seclx
08-19-2007, 04:08 AM
Wow, what a night.... Just got back from the UMTR Columbus race...
Note to self, when National Trail says they will run you at 11:00, plan on
getting called to the lanes around 12:30.... :flipoff:

Track opened at 8:00... qualifying started at 8:45... :bangwall:

All in all it was a great time... just unfortunate they took forever....
and Tech Inspection, they were thorough... It basically came down to
being as polite as possible so the guy wouldn't try to call you out on a
technicality...

When I left, Kathy Powell was going into the semi-finals/finals....
When there were 9 cars left to run in Street Stick, car count for the
North was 2..... 7 for the South.... way to represent South! :bounce:

ponymom05
08-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah, it was a long day. But there were over 400 cars there, 2 events going on the same day. I think 93 were UMTR racers. Still, it was great weather and all in all a good time. That track is awesome. Tech was tough. My helmet passed on Friday night but not Sat. Go figure.

I had one of my best runs ever and went out first round because I broke out. I'll make another entry into the 1st Round Losers Club going out like that! I HATE leaving before it's over. Somebody tell us who won!

jlt2006
08-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Not positive but when we left, the red Maverick and Rick Davis, black mustang from Lebanon were left. Maverick put me out with 9 left, Don with 5 left and Cathy Powell with 3 left. Tuff SOB, good car and driver from the North. Power shift I think was North and South in finals.

Awesome watching the P/S guys. Beat watching the delay box runs.

Next year if this is scheduled the same day as another main race, I wont be going. Three to four hours between rounds is total B.S.:HYF:

Was lucky enough to get my money back, paid out to the group of 9, and get another 15 points in UMTR.

Thanks to Ponymom05 for the hospitallity.

Great seeing the amount of you guys that made the trip.

bcoh5gt
08-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I guess I am kinda happy I could'nt make it now. I ended up having to work on Saturday and from the way it sounds I would'nt make it through tech.

Blacksunshine
08-19-2007, 12:20 PM
That was a long day. 4 rounds and 50 $ were made so I can't really complain. The last 9 cars were Kurt (12secLX) Kathy Powel, Don Hayward(he has the maroon GT88) ,the guy with the 66 fastback,Some guy with a Black 89?GT from Lebanon?, Jeff (the guy with 06 GT with flamed hood) and myself (Blacksunshine) The North guys had 2 left ,a really nice Maverick( He hauls major ass on the big end:bigthumb and I thing the white Neon.

On The Next round ( I think !! ) The Maverick knocked out Kurt (12sexLX)
Don Hayward Knocked out the White Neon. I knocked one of our own guys out Orange 66fastback stang (witch just sucks.. I'm not sure who did what after that because I went before the remaining cars and did not get to see the cars.

"Next round", with 5 cars remaining Kathy Powell( Kathy gets the Bye run),Don Hayward, the 89 GT from Lebanon,The NORTH maverick and myself.. Lucky me, I got the Maverick.. He waxed my ass !!!:lol:
Don Hayward Lost his round Kathy went on to the next roundwith her bye:bigthumb

Long Story short, after the south eliminated much of our own south cars (We had already beaten most of the Norths asses) they managed to keep that Maverick in and the new guy from Lebanon..a south guy... for the final....

heres the kicker......I don't know won:lol: I was outta there.!!:bigthumb

Nice Job....I think it's safe to say we handed the North there asses and left a big ol Stangbangerz mark on the asses !!! "Suck Failure Freaks":bigthumb:lol::lol: Ha Ha Ha..Just kidding ya North Guys !!! See ya Next year !:bigthumb
PS ...Noth Folks Bring more cars( even though you brought more than us already ) this way we dont have to race our own south folks towards the end.... Thanks.

John Fay
88 Mustang GT

Blacksunshine
08-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I guess I am kinda happy I could'nt make it now. I ended up having to work on Saturday and from the way it sounds I would'nt make it through tech. SO How did Testing go? I see the Slicks and Skinnys in the pic....Did ya kick some ass? !!:D

bcoh5gt
08-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Up to the 1/8th it kicked ass, then it was nosing over a bit, to much tire for my car. 28x10.5 was over kill for the power my car makes. Next I will try a 26x9 and the other tricks that I didn't get done with in time, and hopefully get closer to that 12 I want so badly. Check the Timeslips for the new #'s I am on pg. 4

kathyp408
08-19-2007, 08:41 PM
i listened to the finals on the radio as i was driving out. Dave Stehlin won the power shift and the maverick won the street stick.

Blacksunshine
08-19-2007, 09:09 PM
i listened to the finals on the radio as i was driving out. Dave Stehlin won the power shift and the maverick won the street stick.
Thats cool. That guy in the Maverick was a beast. He was so on his game , I thought he had an Automatic:lol: You have to admit though, the SOUTH kicked major butt that weekend !:bigthumb

12seclx
08-20-2007, 07:24 AM
I just wanna say thanks to Don Hayward for getting the
Neon/"driver of girlfriends mustang" out of the way...
I think he was expecting to go home with a big win and it
just didn't happen... ;)

Who all is expecting to attend the next event?

I believe it's at Muncie?... Come on Doug, don't let your
anger/frustration for the track owner/personnel get in the way of you
making it to the top 10 in points this year.... :D

ponymom05
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I just wanna say thanks to Don Hayward for getting the
Neon/"driver of girlfriends mustang" out of the way...
I think he was expecting to go home with a big win and it
just didn't happen... ;)

Who all is expecting to attend the next event?

I believe it's at Muncie?... Come on Doug, don't let your
anger/frustration for the track owner/personnel get in the way of you
making it to the top 10 in points this year.... :D

Did you see he posted on UMTR/North asking if he could have points earned at Columbus in both North and South? Greedy Puke.

12seclx
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
That doesn't surprise me Cathy... I thought he was out
in the 1st round... to be honest with ya, I think he should've
been "reviewed" on that windshield to prior events... :D

You know, we gotta have our helmets, a driveshaft loop, etc. but
it's ok if you've got a windshield that's on the verge of fallin' in the
cabin!!!

WHAT A JOKE! :) Secondly, you would think the UMTR crowd
would be especially hard on someone with a car that has "issues" considering
they will be posting it on their website.... (From a business/advertising perspective)

Oh well, I think I'll pick out a different vehicle for next year.....
Maybe I'll go to a junkyard and find a 79' Mustang with brown paint, gut it out, throw a set of 10" slicks on the back, and a sticker on the side of it that says "junkyard dog" and be a UMTR track wh*re..

LMAO!!!! :lol: