PDA

View Full Version : Car running like crap

Steves LX
08-19-2007, 04:30 PM
I put a set of GT40P heads on my car and now the car doesn't want to idle or stay started. Not sure what else could be going on here but I made no other changes. I had to make my own plug wires on the distributor end but I dont think thats causing my issue. To drive the car it runs half way descent but to leave it sit and idle it runs like poo. I have checked my timing and I tried 14 initial and 16 initial and no changes. I really dont know where to go from here. Not really sure what else to look for.

ibstrokin
08-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Check for vacuum leaks, make sure you adjusted your valves right.

331TwistedWedge
08-19-2007, 06:24 PM
is it surging? ... meaning raising to about 1500-1600 & dropping quickly until it stalls ... if so, try raising your idle (idle screw) on the throttle body to about 1000-1100 rpms, run it like this for a few days ... your computer will act up when the battery cables have been removed ...

if its not a surge, like brian said ~ check for vacuum leaks or try a different distributor wire - just in case yours isnt working out ... im sure its something little, its the new combo blues - we all go through them ... good luck :bigthumb

Steves LX
08-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I figured it out it was a vacum leak coming from the manifold. Its fixed now. Appreciate the help

92BlackStang
08-20-2007, 01:01 AM
I figured it out it was a vacum leak coming from the manifold. Its fixed now. Appreciate the help
so can you feel any difference ?