PDA

View Full Version : Honda help...

PonymanfiveO
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Would anyone be kind enough to stop over one night this week and give me a hand swapping engines in my beater civic? I dont know shit about front wheel drive stuff and Im getting aggravated with it.:mad:

Im sure its a fairly easy job, Im just having a hard time working by myself.
Id be glad to pay for your help if I can.

craigels
08-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Would anyone be kind enough to stop over one night this week and give me a hand swapping engines in my beater civic? I dont know shit about front wheel drive stuff and Im getting aggravated with it.:mad:

Im sure its a fairly easy job, Im just having a hard time working by myself.
Id be glad to pay for your help if I can.

Call me! I don't know much about FWD either, but I'll help if I can.

Craig

NXcoupe
08-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Mad Matt, PM me some directions to your castle. What day you workin on it?

Mista Bone
08-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Matt, you have the EASIEST Honda to swap......3-4 hours tops.

Just this is the wrong week for me, I have quite a few cars in a shootout next weekend at National Trails to get ready.

PonymanfiveO
08-20-2007, 06:16 AM
take the trans. out with the motor?

I have everything unbolted from the motor but I cant get the motor and trans separated in the car.:confused:

RACEME
08-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Matt, I have not done a honda, but with most other front wheel drive cars, we usually pop the lower ball joints loose, remove the axles, and drop the motor/trans together including the K-frame that the a-arms are bolted to. I just did a trans in a tauras and the frame removal method is about the only way.

I would call Craig and get Joe'e's number. He is a honda guru.

facemelter71
08-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Matt,You probly dont know me but i worked on alot of hooondas.Engine swap is easy.Id be happy to come out and help,unless your in like eastgate or something.Just leave the tranny bolted to the car and let it dangle when you get the engine out.Ive done it on every honda,mitsu,mazda,kia,taurus,ive worked on.Let me know.

Mista Bone
08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
all comes out as one.....pull tranny once it's out.

Lifting.....

bolt into head

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Honda/P1010010.jpg

bolt or hook the trans loop

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Honda/P1010011.jpg

When removing the tranny. on 19mm head bolt goes thru to the rear mount, another 17mm from motor to tranny...also one starter bolt threads into the block.

todd86
08-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I've done a few of those and could use some spare cash. Could easily do it in one evening. I'm available wed. or thurs evening if your interested call me at 513 594 1676

PonymanfiveO
08-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks to my bud Mike Bell! Cracker came all the way from Dayton OH to help me get this sucker out. I forgot to offer you some money for gas...I was a little excited. I'll get ya Saturday. ;)

Did I mention I hate working on Front Wheel drives.:( Id rater swap a five liter any day.

craigels
08-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks to my bud Mike Bell! Cracker came all the way from Dayton OH to help me get this sucker out. I forgot to offer you some money for gas...I was a little excited. I'll get ya Saturday. ;)

Did I mention I hate working on Front Wheel drives.:( Id rater swap a five liter any day.

Great to hear Matt! Now it shouldn't be too bad...

On a side note, the BPR got finished too... Powerslot rotors, Hawk pads, new calipers and new hub assemblies...

Craig

PonymanfiveO
08-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Heck yea, we got a lot done this week. Working on cars from daylight till dark in this heat will wear you down fast.

VuNiT3
08-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Yeah, thanks for working on that beast for me!!! It rides awesome now. I tried to help with the honda, but the only thing I got out was some blood out of my finger.

It is weird to drive a truck that actuall stops now. LOL It cost a small fortune, but it was well worth it.:bigthumb

NXcoupe
08-24-2007, 09:00 AM
You are welcome Matt! No gas money, just bring some Keystones with you Saturday. Glad to help a brotha out!