PDA

View Full Version : Installing Laminate Floors.

cobraman302
08-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Does anyone on here install laminate flooring? or know some one who does for a decent price?

I am buy the laminate from Home Depot and it will cover about 420 sq. ft.

I have never attempted something like this before, and I don't feel like screwing it up, and spending more fixing it.

I will have all the existing floors removed and the vapor lock/underlayment will be placed down already. It shouldn't be too hard of a job.

Let me know if you can help me out. 513-259-9778 Richard

stangman_5
08-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I am in the flooring buisness and have layed laminate but I have only done it like 5 times its not that hard to do if you are putting down your baseboards last or alteast a toe strip because that will hide all your mistakes, the rest is just cutting it around the walls. Or if you dont want to do it yourself talk to ''PaulFiveOh'' he may know a couple of installers.

PaulFiveOh
08-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Hello Cobraman302!

I do promise that what Chris said is correct! The hardest part about laminate is cutting to fit the walls. But if you can use a tape and a pencil and a miter box.....then your in good shape!

This link below has extremely detailed instructions. These are what I call "warranty-spec" instructions. These instructions are the 100% correct way to do it so that if you have a problem a few years down the road.....you can use a warranty claim on them, if you follow these directions to spec.

http://www.armstrong.com/resflram/na/laminate/en/us/article18121.html
That has like 5 different PDF (Adobe Acrobat) files on it.

The problem your going to have, and I know this from being in the business:
If your looking to "get a deal" and pay way below retail for an install then you will not get 2 things: A Warranty on the Labor and will have a voided warranty on the material. Second you will not be first on any ones schedule que.

Let me know any questions you have, I'd be happy to get ya straightened out or even give you a bid on a retail install. BUT! Take a look your for your self, I bet you can do it with out a problem.