Greg Brown wins NASA AIX at Mid-Ohio

Just read about this at MD Congrats to Greg

http://www.modulardepot.com/article_info.php?articles_id=8

Sharad
08-22-2007, 09:50 AM
that's pretty cool.

Black Horse
08-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Way to go Greg!! You probably were the only ones with working wipers too!

firestang70
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Congrats!

Gene
08-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Cool!

Congrats, Greg!

Evil_Capri
08-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Very cool!! :bigthumb Seems like the 'testing' went extremely well. Is it safe to assume we will see the car back in action in the Koni Series?

gbrown8439
08-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks everyone. I had a blast! We are making some changes to the car and going to NASA nationals in September. As for next year, we are looking for sponsors to help with the Koni Challenge series and if all goes well we will run a full schedule next year.

Greg

ATimpe
08-25-2007, 10:47 PM
My buddys dad races in NASA TT. He races the big black SS Impala (John Dougherty). We were up there sunday in the rain to watch. Saw Danny Pop geting crazy. Heard somone got killed though?

PonymanfiveO
08-26-2007, 12:38 PM
You da man Greg!!!

Pops Fun
08-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Greg can certainly drive!!

Mista Bone
08-26-2007, 11:22 PM
My buddys dad races in NASA TT. He races the big black SS Impala (John Dougherty). We were up there sunday in the rain to watch. Saw Danny Pop geting crazy. Heard somone got killed though?

Yes, Mr. Engle went off turn one due to fluids on the track, was sideways in China Beach, one of the next cars can thru and plowed straight into his drivers door. It was said he was alive after being cut out, then later past away at the hospital.

I can get more info, but it won't change anything.

gbrown8439
08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
I copied this from the NASA forums. It was written by a friend of Mr Engle who was there.

"Do to all the miss information about this I have the ok to post this from the people who mattered most.

I have done my best to correct posts of miss information from around the web. If you know of something I have not found please ask them to edit the post or send me a link and I will.

NASA is the Best, this is the only board that has stay away from pushing for details true or not...... Thanks

Be safe,
Paul Hamm

Description of events-

Larry Collins driving a 944 lost his motor at the kink or about half way down the back straight. Larry went to drivers left as his car was filling with smoke and with limited visibility he felt that there where faster cars on the inside passing him. He went into the wet grass and slowed to a stop beyond the end of the straight. The 944 was in or next to china beach to the far left.

As John Engle in his M3 made his way around the track the starters flag station on the back straight was showing the debris flag, and the next station at the end of the straight was showing a yellow flag. The station at the top of the hill was clear.

John was around 10 sec. in front of the 944 when the engine let go, so it was around a 1:20 later he was making his way down the back straight. As John entered the area he went thought the oil and started to spin. The two cars came together 1:34 sec after the 944 came to a stop, right corner of the 944 to the left A pillar and door area of the M3. The cage on the M3 was pushed in enough that it had trapped John’s legs so that when he tried to get out he could not. The cage was cut away and John could move his feet as he was on his way to the hospital.

At the hospital it was discovered that John was bleeding internally some where in the upper chest cavity from the rate of deceleration at impact.

Larry hurt a muscle in his leg along and has a sore neck but will be fine.

If you feel the need to discuss details please due so privately (PM's, Email, Phone) and as we keep this to well wishes for the family. Thanks to all of you."

A very unfortunate accident that really made me stop and think.

Greg